Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default THE BAT SIGNAL: Lobdell, "Red Hood" & "Teen Titans" Face "Death Of The Family"

"Red Hood And The Outlaws" and "Teen Titans" bard Scott Lobdell waxes Shakespearian about the imminent Jason/Joker confrontation, Batgirl meeting the TItans and Tim Drake's role in "Death of the Family."

Full article here.

BANNED

I think I want to say we are here just to entertain, and "If we shadows have offended..."[Laughs]
    I'd like to quote a Queen as a reply:
    We are not amused.

I pity Tim, for the Joker I fear;
    I like Lobdell's quote of William Shakespeare!

The Livewire

Sounds like he's going to hit Tim with something that saps his intellect, if the future solicitations are any clue.

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

...is it just me, or did he as much as say "The Batgirl cameo is meaningless, she just shows up, has no time for the Titans for five pages, then goes back to her book"? I admire his honesty, but he basically flat-out says, "if you read Batgirl but not Teen Titans, well, Batgirl doesn't do anything of importance, so don't bother with this issue."

It's pretty refreshing, actually, for a creator not to talk up a cameo like it's going to have a big impact on the story when it's not. Not sure how wise it is from a sales standpoint, but if I were a Batgirl reader and not a TT reader, I'm sure I'd appreciate it.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    ...is it just me, or did he as much as say "The Batgirl cameo is meaningless, she just shows up, has no time for the Titans for five pages, then goes back to her book"? I admire his honesty, but he basically flat-out says, "if you read Batgirl but not Teen Titans, well, Batgirl doesn't do anything of importance, so don't bother with this issue."

It's pretty refreshing, actually, for a creator not to talk up a cameo like it's going to have a big impact on the story when it's not. Not sure how wise it is from a sales standpoint, but if I were a Batgirl reader and not a TT reader, I'm sure I'd appreciate it.

-D
    To be fair, though, I wouldn't be surprised if Lobdell uses Batgirl at a later point, and the interactions they have here would play into it. Maybe if Livewire's theory is true, Tim asks Barbara to watch over the Titans while he's being treated?

Fortuna Favet Fortibus The Lucky One's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    To be fair, though, I wouldn't be surprised if Lobdell uses Batgirl at a later point, and the interactions they have here would play into it. Maybe if Livewire's theory is true, Tim asks Barbara to watch over the Titans while he's being treated?
    Doesn't matter to me, I'm not reading either book. I just think it's both refreshing and hilarious that he not only told you you didn't need to read it, he also summarized exactly what happens. Once the 5-page preview hits, there will be literally no reason for any Batgirl fan to pick up Teen Titans.

-D
    "I love the nostalgic, myself. I hope we never lose some of the things of the past."
    ~Walt Disney

The Impulsive Buy
    Mutant Reviewers From Hell

about the only thing that interested me in that interview was the Solstice/Starfire connection.

BANNED

As far as acrimony between the two teams, I'd have to say that there is not going to be the traditional, "We must fight, oh wait, we are friends and we must fight for a united cause!" I think the kids are so terrified of the situation that when Roy and Starfire show up, they are more than happy for the help and the experience of these two only slightly older heroes.
    Well thank god.

I've been avoiding the whole DoTF, but I think Jason's POV and connection to Joker is worth exploring, hopefully to bring closure.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Default Article about Jason and Tim's actions during DITF.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/scot...y-tie-ins.html

Looking forward to Jason and Tim teaming up.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Doesn't matter to me, I'm not reading either book. I just think it's both refreshing and hilarious that he not only told you you didn't need to read it, he also summarized exactly what happens. Once the 5-page preview hits, there will be literally no reason for any Batgirl fan to pick up Teen Titans.

-D
    Hey, I'm picking up Teen Titans

Or not, because I lost track of the few DC books I was reading months ago.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

I have been reading RHATO over the past week and didn't really think a new thread was necessary, so I'll post here...this series ROCKS. I read issues 1-8 and it was definitely among the best New 52 I've read. Rocafort's art was his usual mindblowing self, but I was really impressed by Lobdell's writing. The character development for all three heroes is excellent, the plotlines and scenarios are fun, the tone and dialogue are great, it's just a killer series. I have pretty much no complaints. Can't believe I'm saying this, but Red Hood and the Outlaws (at least through the first eight issues) is among DC's best. I know Rocafort leaves around issue 12-ish, I hope the series stays strong after that (and of course I intend to pick up 9-15).
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

-D
    It's pretty funny that he says as much. I'll probably still pick up this issue (or at least skim through it) just to see how she treats the Titans which should be funny based off his summary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I have been reading RHATO over the past week and didn't really think a new thread was necessary, so I'll post here...this series ROCKS. I read issues 1-8 and it was definitely among the best New 52 I've read. Rocafort's art was his usual mindblowing self, but I was really impressed by Lobdell's writing. The character development for all three heroes is excellent, the plotlines and scenarios are fun, the tone and dialogue are great, it's just a killer series. I have pretty much no complaints. Can't believe I'm saying this, but Red Hood and the Outlaws (at least through the first eight issues) is among DC's best. I know Rocafort leaves around issue 12-ish, I hope the series stays strong after that (and of course I intend to pick up 9-15).
    Lobdell's writing remains pretty strong, which is a good sign that he can keep it up without Rocafort, but it's a shame they're sticking him with a mediocre replacement artist.

I don't know why Lobdell gets so much hate. His comics are fun and that's why I read them. I don't want to think or trackback much plus I like how he writes the characters.