Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile Kangaroo View Post
    Damn it I need to see Kori, Arsenal, and Nightwing meet up. They're in GOTHAM at the SAME TIME. FOR THE SECOND TIME
    Don't hold your breath, although it is really annoying how whenever they're in gotham dealing with the same event it's a big of an elephant in the room.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hostile Kangaroo View Post
    Damn it I need to see Kori, Arsenal, and Nightwing meet up. They're in GOTHAM at the SAME TIME. FOR THE SECOND TIME
    Yeah, I could see that being a really interesting confrontation, but I can also see the reasoning that the first meet-up of Kori and Dick in the New 52 should be a bigger deal than them bumping into each other during this event story.

BANNED

Read this issue again, and I think I'm dropping it for good. This whole "Joker controlled his whole life" is nonsense, and I strongly suspect this is Snyder's idea.

I also can't believe they're sticking such a subpar replacement for Rocafort.

My Opinion > Your Opinion maxpower00044's Avatar

This book is 0/2 for me. Both crossovers and it's just not very good. Decent writing, but I dislike how Jason talks to the reader in the monlogue. Plus that towel fight scene? Man, was that terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Read this issue again, and I think I'm dropping it for good. This whole "Joker controlled his whole life" is nonsense, and I strongly suspect this is Snyder's idea.

I also can't believe they're sticking such a subpar replacement for Rocafort.
    Lobdell has said it's supposed to be a case of unreliable narrator/the Joker believes it but he lies a lot, but yeah, I'm not too keen on this and wish they'd just leave it.

Though yeah, I thought the preview pages looked better than normal but in the rest of the issue Green's art still looked just blah.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Lobdell has said it's supposed to be a case of unreliable narrator/the Joker believes it but he lies a lot, but yeah, I'm not too keen on this and wish they'd just leave it.
    With Joker, that's usually the best assumption. But all signs point to the contrary now. For one thing, there would be no point in that #0 backup story if it weren't true. Also, we now know that Jason's dad was part of the Red Hood gang. That brings up another thing. Jason is now wearing an identity based on his dad's gang. It was more poignant when he was just wearing Joker's previous mantle.

Back in September I mentioned my displeasure at the 0 issue backup making it appear that Joker had a hand in creating Jason Todd as Robin and that he was watching from the shadows the whole time. At that time I was told that it couldn't possibly be the truth because Joker is an "unreliable narrator" and that I should just hold off my judgement until we had all the facts. Now I see several of you have changed your mind about all of that. Despite my initial misgivings I'm still holding to the belief that Joker is as he always was (an unreliable narrator) and that he's just trying to play mind games with Jason wanting to make him believe that he had a hand in his life as a way to break him. He does have to up his game with Jason in order to push any of his buttons in any case since he's already killed him once.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Eesh that art. Dunno if I can continue buying with such a steep drop-off in art quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I love that this book really responds to critics of the over sexualization of Kory by having Jason fight a cadre of armed soldiers in just his hand towel.
    Really? I think it's funny how you think having Jason run around with a towel pants is anything compared to the sexualization of Kory. Did you miss the last page with the twin peaks or the part where Kory is stroking Roy's ego? -__- I swear I could hear someone' s spine snap. If we ever started portraying men like we do women in these comics people would start complaining about how gay they act and look.

I don't see anything that contradicts the unreliable narrator idea here, it would seem to me that the Joker is simply lying to Jason i order to try and mess with him.

I don't have a problem if the Joker it really is involved with Jason's origin. If anything it only mades more outsanding Jason's evolution as character. To paraphrase Hal on BN 'He might let the door open but it was he who choose to enter'.

I would've got this for the Titans, but my lcs was out. As Superboy wasn't with them, I doubt I'l back order.
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Master of Time and Space Xarcon's Avatar

I thought the art was ok. It's obviously nothing compared to Rocafort's, but I can probably live with it. I just want this dumb crossover story to be over. Everything about it feels really forced. The book works much better when it's left to its own devices.
    I'm still waiting for a new Wonder Twins ongoing. Let's make it happen, DC.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnghtJared View Post
    Is the mom thing still in play when they showed that in Red Hood #0? I don't remember.

But yeah, solid set-up issue. Green is no Rocafort, but still decent, and I'm interested to see the cross over with the Teen Titans.
    Well, we saw that his biological mother actually survived her overdose and she was used to lure Jason into Joker's trap.

There's no stepmother anymore. Jason didn't go there randomly searching for his mother, she reached out to him and he followed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    The comment about Bullock spoke volumes, bringing things back to early era Jason without feeling forced at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by B. Kuwanger View Post
    Yes, I was shocked that people were saying they weren't feeling Green, and now I see. Not his best art team.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower00044 View Post
    Decent writing, but I dislike how Jason talks to the reader in the monlogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarcon View Post
    I just want this dumb crossover story to be over. Everything about it feels really forced. The book works much better when it's left to its own devices.

I felt the same.

I strongly hope Joker was NOT there in the beginning w/Jason. I didn't care for the context of their conversation as opposed to Joker's talks with the other Batfamily before predictably hogtying them. Roy and Kori were so underwhelming this issue with drab conversation too. Was there a Wonder Girl/Batgirl crossover in TT? And Jason talked to them using his phone that Roy bugged? Sloppy footnoting there. Are those Teen Titans they run into at the end?