Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    That's nothing compared to when issue #6 Jason spent most of the issue wearing leaves.

Anyway, art does look better, I'm not sure but it looks like a different inker to me, so that's a plus.

And the reference to old Jason's camaraderie with Harvey Bullock is pretty nice. Considering the reference to Mongul before- makes me wonder if Nocturna is going to show up at some point too.
    I hope so. This series isn't everything I'd hoped it would be but I've honestly thought Lobdell has done right by the characters through and through, and he does seem to be keen on at least intimating that "yes, Jason Todd did have actual character interactions, beats, stories and associations while he was Robin, prior to his whole Red Hood makeover."

Ditto on the art, everybody. Sometimes a title like this sings, other times it becomes a place for a less-skillful artist to cut his teeth. That's the nature of the Big 2 and their tertiary titles; hopefully they find somebody slick to come onboard sooner rather than later.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Was a Bullock / Jason relationship ever mentioned previously? I've read very few Jason as Robin stories, but it does seem like somewhat of a no brainer that the loose cannon cop would be fan of the loose cannon bat kid, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I love that this book really responds to critics of the over sexualization of Kory by having Jason fight a cadre of armed soldiers in just his hand towel.
    Jason fight in his hand towel, he doesn't pose in one, there's a difference.

I think there was a few interactions with Jason and Harvey (even a team-up I think). The problem I have is that Jason mentions the "Bat-summit" but when did he attend? I mean he virtually came back to Gotham with Isabel and then bumped uglies? Did he quickly swing past the cave on his way to her pad?

Quote Originally Posted by El Sombrero View Post
    I really like how Lobdell writes Jason here. The comment about Bullock spoke volumes, bringing things back to early era Jason without feeling forced at all. I think Green's art looks bad inked and colored like this, but whatever.
    I do like the Harvey Bullock comment. I like that we see Jason remember his time as Robin. Sometimes I wish this book was Jason only and less space travels.
    ~*Oh my Stars and Garters*~
    Check out f!yeahjtoddz. It's hella relevant to my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Whip Whirlwind View Post
    Was a Bullock / Jason relationship ever mentioned previously? I've read very few Jason as Robin stories, but it does seem like somewhat of a no brainer that the loose cannon cop would be fan of the loose cannon bat kid, and vice versa.
    I'm hard-pressed to remember the issue numbers themselves, but yes. Immediately post-Crisis, the original story featuring Film Freak somewhat pivots on Jason and Harvey's friendship and their mutual love of classic movies (imagine the Boy Wonder crouched Batman-style on Harvey's apartment window while Harvey's on the couch hitting up Bogart flicks). Past that there's not a ton (a reference here or there, maybe?) but then again, past that there's not much Jason anyway since he's unceremoniously murdered soon after.

Total no-brainer.
    "Everything hs changed. ‘Dark’ entertainment now looks like hysterical, adolescent, ‘Zibarro’ crap." - Morrison, 2008.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    Really missing Rocafort on this book, but at least the story is still good.
    Me too. I don't know why they took him off. He was on superman before the relaunch. His style was perfect for this book.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Retro315 View Post
    I'm hard-pressed to remember the issue numbers themselves, but yes. Immediately post-Crisis, the original story featuring Film Freak somewhat pivots on Jason and Harvey's friendship and their mutual love of classic movies (imagine the Boy Wonder crouched Batman-style on Harvey's apartment window while Harvey's on the couch hitting up Bogart flicks). Past that there's not a ton (a reference here or there, maybe?) but then again, past that there's not much Jason anyway since he's unceremoniously murdered soon after.

Total no-brainer.
    Didn't know jason was a fan of classic movies, cool! Now I just want to see the two interact more. It'd be neat if Bullock was his Gordan. Like if he didn't want batman to know he was in town but needed police intel he'd go to bullock.

Didn't know jason was a fan of classic movies, cool! Now I just want to see the two interact more. It'd be neat if Bullock was his Gordan. Like if he didn't want batman to know he was in town but needed police intel he'd go to bullock.
    That sounds like an interesting idea. I'd like to see more of the two of them interacting myself and this would be a good way for them to do so.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

Pretty good idea.That would be cool to see them interact more.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by TonyStark1012 View Post
    Pretty good idea.That would be cool to see them interact more.
    I can see it now, Jason walks into Harvey's favorite bar, buys Bullock and himself a drink, gets some info related to whyever he's in gotham, then:

(Bullock turns back to Jason, surprised to see him still sitting at the bar)
    HB: Shouldn't you be disappeared by now?
    JT: Can't a guy finish his drink first?

Much better on the art.

Eh, art's not so bad. Sure it's no Rocafort, but I can live with it.
    If you're not reading Lazarus you should be.

I liked it. I am not thrilled at having Starfire back in that tapped-on bra, but aside from that, I really liked the issue.

Apparently Isabel was really more of an attack of opportunity for the Joker, as the main course for Jason is some mind games with the memory of his death at the hands of the Joker and what we learned in issue #0. I don't know how Tim will factor in all of this, but I'm sure it's going to be something twisted.

As for the art, I liked it. Some parts felt weird, but I really liked some scenes and I'm happy to be back to the (relatively) feature-less helmet for the Red Hood.

I can see it now, Jason walks into Harvey's favorite bar, buys Bullock and himself a drink, gets some info related to whyever he's in gotham, then:

(Bullock turns back to Jason, surprised to see him still sitting at the bar)
    HB: Shouldn't you be disappeared by now?
    JT: Can't a guy finish his drink first?
    LOL! I can definitely see a scene playing out like that between those 2.