Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Red Hood and the Outlaws #15 Preview/Discussion

A "DEATH OF THE FAMILY" tie-in!
    Red Hood and Red Robin team up against The Joker!
    Teen Titans vs. The Outlaws!

Full preview here.

I really like how Lobdell writes Jason here. The comment about Bullock spoke volumes, bringing things back to early era Jason without feeling forced at all. I think Green's art looks bad inked and colored like this, but whatever.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Optic Blast, Optic Blast B. Kuwanger's Avatar

Yes, I was shocked that people were saying they weren't feeling Green, and now I see. Not his best art team.

Is this the new permanent artist? I like it enough, I miss Rocafort but he's needed on Superman and this art style will do

JT is such a cool character.

Really missing Rocafort on this book, but at least the story is still good.

I love that this book really responds to critics of the over sexualization of Kory by having Jason fight a cadre of armed soldiers in just his hand towel.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Funny, I found Green's art way better here than previous issues different strokes I guess. The preview looks amazing but I can't help to feel bothered for the sudden jump on Jason's characterization, last issue weren't anything that implied Jason having a meeting with the clan heck, he wanted to stay in Gotham was done on a whim now it turns out that off panel was the meeting of Batman 15.

It was a great fight scene. Also, Jason respecting Bullock works really well, mostly because of how obvious it is to the point where I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before.

The coloring really saves the art here. The art is borderline terrible.

I'm going to withhold my opinion on Green's art this time around until I see the rest of the issue since I've not really liked it from the start. These pages look decent though and the respect Jason had for Bullock here really says something about his character. The red mask was a nice touch as well. I also loved the fight scene there and Joker's eyes behind Jason just sent chills up my spine. Absolutely cannot wait for Wednesday now.
    Characters come and go, revamped and revisited. But as long as you enjoyed them, remember them and continue to appreciate them, then that character, your hero or heroine, will always exist.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Funny, I found Green's art way better here than previous issues different strokes I guess. .
    Yeah I didn't like Green's art in the space arc, but do here.

Quote Originally Posted by drakeon View Post
    Really missing Rocafort on this book, but at least the story is still good.
    Me too. The art looks terrible. However the writing is still moderate so I might give this another shot.

Excellent preview. Got me looking forward to reading the rest on Wednesday. Probably the best preview for me this week - bit of a cliffhanger at the end there.

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

Jason taking down all those cops is just frigging cool, but that is Jason. The art is iffy, but I like the coloring. Love the domino mask. Really been looking forward to this issue as I wanted to see Jason go against the joker and get involved in this storyline. Can't wait for Wednesday.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Desaad View Post
    I love that this book really responds to critics of the over sexualization of Kory by having Jason fight a cadre of armed soldiers in just his hand towel.
    That's nothing compared to when issue #6 Jason spent most of the issue wearing leaves.

Anyway, art does look better, I'm not sure but it looks like a different inker to me, so that's a plus.

And the reference to old Jason's camaraderie with Harvey Bullock is pretty nice. Considering the reference to Mongul before- makes me wonder if Nocturna is going to show up at some point too.