Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Catwoman #15 Preview/Discussion

• Following her standoff against The Joker, Catwoman takes an easy job: stealing Eclipso's Black Diamond from The Black Room!
    • The diamond's power rises with the full moon...like on the night Catwoman sets out to take it!

Full article here.

What is with the dialogue Nocenti is giving Selina? It just feels so wrong...

Well...this looks better than the zero issue, but still kind of messy.

I know I'm alone in this, but I don't like the new artist at all. I don't like his style, and I think a lot of his faces are ugly.

I think Nocenti is writing some decent moments here, some decent scenes, but the dialogue itself is just weird. Like it's trying too hard to feel natural, so it ends up not feeling natural at all. Also, continued moments of Selina being surprised or seeming like she's in over her head, hopeless, etc...Catwoman is supposed to be very confident. She is like a mental hot mess in this book.

I hope Johns can do something decent with Selina in JLA. I waited too long for the Winick run to be done to start waiting for this run to be done.
    Saga, Private Eye, Chew, Umbral, Deadly Class, Pretty Deadly

She-Hulk, Ghost Rider, Loki, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Punisher, X-Factor

Not too bad. Hopefully this leads to something good.

Dark Knight Detective DarkKnghtJared's Avatar

I liked the scene with the kid, and I overall love where this issue is going to go--these big superhero heist kind of jobs is exactly what I've been looking for with this book since issue #1.

Im wondering if the writer/artists are communicating with each other very well. The scene with the kid was nice, but the ugly bear thing was confusing at first, like we were missing a shot of the bear and how ugly it is before Selina gave it to the kid. The art is really good as usual, and I'm getting used to the writing but there just seems to be a disconnect between the two like lagg on a streaming video.
    Books im reading: Black Widow, Loki Agent of Asgard, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Red Hood, JLD, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Batman, Worlds Finest...

Huh, I'm actually quite impressed.

The dialogue with the kid felt a little off (but it was a nice change of pace), but other than that I really have no complaints. Maybe this will return to my pull list soon.
    Action Comics - Batman - Detective Comics - Justice League of America
    Fatale - Thief of Thieves - Velvet
    Cable and X-Force - X-Men

Good preview. Definitely looking forward to reading the rest on Wednesday.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

This is definitely more along the lines of what I think a Catwoman-book should be. I just think the dialogue is a little weird.

American at the Crossroad
    This weird geometrically shaped place in northern VA...

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    What is with the dialogue Nocenti is giving Selina? It just feels so wrong...
    That's EVERY issue she's written so far for the New 52. Green Arrow is the worst I've ever read in over ten years of buying that book, and the last two issues of Catwoman were honestly among the worst I've read of any series in years. Over 9,100 comics are in my collection, and her run on GA ranks as one of the all time worst with Austen's Uncanny X-Men.

This was......weird. And random as hell
    You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

those god-damned goggles chipsnopotatoes's Avatar

"Diamond hunk a junk"? - Even with google, wth is that??!!

I still like the art but what's going on with Catwoman's weird faces here? Come on, Rafa, you can do better than that...
    Last edited by chipsnopotatoes; 12-17-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Catwoman came off pretty smart here. Selina Kyle... not so much.

I read the preview panels.. do not like at all. Writing is awful and the art.. yuck. Maybe I'll pass on trying to catch up and just stick with older catwoman for now.

Giiiiiiiiiirl, this book needs a new writer.

Seriously.