Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Default Raizo (Ninja Assassin) vs Bane (TKDR)

Raizo from the Ninja Assassin movie vs Movie Bane.

Raizo gets all his weapons. Bane knows an assassin is coming but nothing more. Occurs at the start of the TKDR movie.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Trivial stomp for Raizo. Trivial, laughable. He's too fast, soaks and tanks too much damage, will one-shot Bane, and has some level of invisibility. Bane is toast.

I guess I forgot how tough Raizo really was

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Quote Originally Posted by mailedbypostman1 View Post
    I guess I forgot how tough Raizo really was
    It happens. I saw the movie for the first and only time about a month ago, so the feats are pretty fresh in my head. Raizo was a total badass. And, until the very end, his "dad" was significantly better.

Anti-Matter Eyes Eternal Torment's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    It happens. I saw the movie for the first and only time about a month ago, so the feats are pretty fresh in my head. Raizo was a total badass. And, until the very end, his "dad" was significantly better.
    Well, uh... Raizo kicked Ozunu. Once. Then he got his ass stomped to ribbons before Mika got stabbed, IIRC.

Now, I'd say that the bullets to the back were what made Ozunu weak. Except for the minor detail that the super healing technique and the ungodly resistance to injury were all part of the training that the ninjas received, it was just that the vast majority of them were too weaksauce to use them before they died.

Obviously, his special "stand absolutely still and let myself get killed" technique was the cause of his defeat.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Obviously, his special "stand absolutely still and let myself get killed" technique was the cause of his defeat.
    In the movie, yeah. :P

In a rumble, I'd still put Ozunu over Raizo given how dominant he was.

I dunno. Ozunu wa acting kind of like an early-Mortal Kombat AI in that fight, just countering everything and generally winning.

Perhaps Raizo's flashback just crashed his routine? Perhaps he has a special weakness to flashback or to easily counterable charges?

You don't know man! It might not be PIS!

Okay, it was totally PIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I dunno. Ozunu wa acting kind of like an early-Mortal Kombat AI in that fight, just countering everything and generally winning.

Perhaps Raizo's flashback just crashed his routine? Perhaps he has a special weakness to flashback or to easily counterable charges?

You don't know man! It might not be PIS!

Okay, it was totally PIS.
    Oh, god damn it, Siriel. In trying to type up a suitable continuation of the joke, I may have come up with a plausible explanation for Ozunu's defeat.

STOP MAKING ME JUSTIFY THINGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Torment View Post
    In the movie, yeah. :P

In a rumble, I'd still put Ozunu over Raizo given how dominant he was.
    Maybe Ozunu was unable to deal with his own technique (the shadow phazing thing). Maybe no student of his ever mastered it until Raizo did at the very end.

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    Maybe Ozunu was unable to deal with his own technique (the shadow phazing thing). Maybe no student of his ever mastered it until Raizo did at the very end.
    Well, my new theory (which I briefly yelled about) is that Ozunu would have been able to deal with the shadow phasing thing if it wasn't for the fact that he was blind in one eye.

So when Raizo did his super speed shadow movement, he kept on attacking Ozunu's blindspot and piled on the wounds. Otherwise, he probably would have gotten himself killed.

Not the best explanation, but it's plausible so far. Until something small derails it, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by dbcb314 View Post
    That doesn't really explain why he didn't even bother to try to dodge...or block...or really do anything aside from standing there and getting killed.

Hmm. Three things I've noticed from rewatching the scene.

1) I was wrong, Raizo did sort of pressure point Ozunu before the kick to the head. So he got off more than one hit.

2) Ozunu was definitely suffering from PIS as he didn't attack at superspeed as much as Raizo did. He mostly used it to get behind Raizo and then attack at normal speed.

3) Ozunu did not react when the shadow blur went past his face. So my theory is wrong. Given that he's about equal or possibly even slightly faster than Raizo when they are fighting normally, this makes sense. Raizo was getting blitzed to hell by the shadow blending tech.

So, Raizo's victory is completely plausible if Ozunu spontaneously forgot to use his signature technique. If he hadn't... Well, superior skill means that Ozunu would have murdered the crap out of Raizo.

All we really need to know is that Bane loses. As usual.

Quote Originally Posted by BYC View Post
    All we really need to know is that Bane loses. As usual.
    It's a curse.