Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agent Venom

Challenger of the Unknown Kirika's Avatar

Default Agent Venom

How is everyone handling Flash Thompson as the new venom? What does everyone think of the new look? How long do you want this to last?
    Last edited by Kirika; 12-16-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirika View Post
    Has it everyone handling Flash Thompson as the new venom? What does everyone think of the new look? How long do you want this to last?
    I like it, well did Remenders work was amazing on the title but since he's left it's gone down hill and I've quit reading

I'm a huge fan both of Remenders work and Bunns work. I am just a fan of Flash as Venom I think. Also Scarlet Spider is an amazing book. Maybe better than Amazing.
    In PAK We Trust!

Check out my friends Indie Comic Hoods! www.hoodscomic.com

And Check out his Podcast Smashville!

I didn't think I'd like it, but I really do. I think Venom has been a great series, and I'll read for as long as it remains so.
    "Women... they come and go, but the Jonah is eternal." - ViewtifulJC

What's the opinion on Cullen Bunn's take on Venom since he came on? Thinking of jumping on the title but I'm a bit wary since Remender left.

Comic Book Fanatic!!! Memphis Raines's Avatar

I love Flash as Venom and love how they revitalized the character. Venom was at the top of my pile every week while Remender was writing it, but Bunn has really brought the quality of the book down IMO so I've dropped it.

very close to dropping. May give an issue or two of the latest new direction a chance but right now not enjoying the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Chachi View Post
    very close to dropping. May give an issue or two of the latest new direction a chance but right now not enjoying the book.
    his armor is ugly but the character has grown on me..im happy for him to stick as long as carnage stays in the MU..all venoms need a carnage

I love the new Venom. Gargan was fun but one-dimensional, while Brock couldn't be taken any farther as Venom. Flash has really invigorated the character and made him more than just a gimmick.
    Empty winds scrape on the soul never stop to realize/Animal whisperings intoxicate the night
    Hypnotize the desperate slow motionlight/Wash away into the rain
    Blood, milk and sky....

Comic Book Fanatic!!! Memphis Raines's Avatar

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this book has been lacking since Remender left. I was wondering what Venom book everybody on here has been reading month after month when they talk about how "great" each issue is. Cullen Bunn came in with a lot of momentum built up from co-writing Remender's final issues and piggy backing off his ideas, but the book has quickly fizzled out and lost it's quality and direction since Bunn became the sole writer. Bunn did the same thing with Wolverine and Avenging Spider-Man, though, so I guess it's safe to say I'm just not a fan of his work anyway. But Venom is the book that REALLY made me realize that.

Love agent venom. I do miss Flash as a supporting character in ASM tho.

IMHO, Secret Avengers was the better Venom book.

It's really good, I like flash.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

I really like it so far, I think Flash paired up with Venom is a very interesting combination that really works.

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this book has been lacking since Remender left. I was wondering what Venom book everybody on here has been reading month after month when they talk about how "great" each issue is. Cullen Bunn came in with a lot of momentum built up from co-writing Remender's final issues and piggy backing off his ideas, but the book has quickly fizzled out and lost it's quality and direction since Bunn became the sole writer. Bunn did the same thing with Wolverine and Avenging Spider-Man, though, so I guess it's safe to say I'm just not a fan of his work anyway. But Venom is the book that REALLY made me realize that.
    Have you read issue 27.1? I think it is a great indication of where Bunn is going.

Once Remender left, Bunn only had three issues to work with before he had to jump into the already planned/promoted Minimum Carnage. Once that was out of the way, he can finally start moving forward with the character. From reading his interviews and the stuff he has planned, it seems like once Venom moves to Philly we will be getting back to the roots of the character while still incorporating everything that Remender built.
    TheVenomSite.com - An informational site dedicated to everything Venom.

Love Flash as Agent Venom, it is a awesome spin for the Spider-Man franchise, along as for both Venom and Flash as both had sort of gotten stale before the change. Personally, I hope this status sticks around for a long time.

Bunn gets a lot of grief, but I am willing to give him more of a shot, the first arc was lackluster and I didn't 'love' his bits of Minimum Carnage but I am interested if he can successfully take Agent Venom where it looks like he is trying to take the character. Granted, it can still end in a huge failure, at which point I personally will be calling for Paul Cornell to take over, but I still want to give him a shot like I did this Venom incarnation picking up the first issue and hope for the best.