Thread: Judge Dredd, #2

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Judge Dredd, #2

In Mega-City one, Judges ARE the law. But what happens when a veteran Judge goes bad? And he's so skilled at hiding his misdeeds that even Judge Dredd is unable to dig up the evidence he needs? Looks like it's time to choose psis... from the Psi Division, that is! IDW's all-new ongoing series continues here, with the re-introduction of fan-favorite JUDGE ANDERSON! Don't even think about skipping this issue. Because... well, she'll *know*.

• (Re)introducing Judge Anderson and the Psi Division!
    • Special back-up story features art and colors by Brendan McCarthy!
    • Variant cover by beloved 2000 AD artist Greg Staples!

Full article here.

Anderson? YES! I wish I'd looked earlier, so chances are I'll pick this up digital first and then track down a print copy.

Awesome. More Anderson is always a good thing.

Napoleon of Crime Professor Moriarty's Avatar

this is a great re-launch.

will we get to see Judge Death?

I hope this series will have a great run;
    I am glad that they have Judge Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Moriarty View Post
    this is a great re-launch.

will we get to see Judge Death?
    As Anderson is now in it, I would think Death is almost certainly going to appear, perhaps even with the other Dark Judges.

A Perp In Open Water riot_shark's Avatar

I think that they're seriously onto something now. Both stories in this issue were excellent

THIS WAS SOOOO GOOOD!!!! Great story, and I especially love the artwork for the second story. I want to check out more of Brendan McCarthy's work now :)
    Current Favorites:: The Walking Dead, Batman, Thief of Thieves, Saga, Revival, Animal Man, Avengers Arena, Justice League, All-New Xmen, Uncanny Avengers, AVX,

Futurist Detective TonyStark1012's Avatar

2 issues in and I'm really enjoying it. Glad to have Dredd back published in the US. Enjoyed the back up story as well. Glad to see Anderson back.
    "That's not just "one man"! That's TONY FREAKING STARK. You're intel should've warned us that he was James Bond and "Q" wrapped in the same guy!" Cobra

I'm still not sold on this. I really liked Nelson Daniel's art in THE CAPE, I've been really enjoying making my way through the Complete Case Files of Dredd (although I'm still very early on) but I'm just not sure I'm digging this series. I don't know what it is.
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...

Quote Originally Posted by Rory426 View Post
    I'm still not sold on this. I really liked Nelson Daniel's art in THE CAPE, I've been really enjoying making my way through the Complete Case Files of Dredd (although I'm still very early on) but I'm just not sure I'm digging this series. I don't know what it is.
    Seems, to me, like it's the more bizarre style of stories from Dredd. In Issue 2, for example, you've got a really weird story followed by one which is very much in the vein of existing Anderson stories. And the first issue was also along the lines of some of the stories of the British version.

I'm liking it, really. It's kinda like an anthology comic but not.

I loved it!
    Try my Blog!

And visit me on Facebook here!

Quote Originally Posted by UnravThreads View Post
    Seems, to me, like it's the more bizarre style of stories from Dredd. In Issue 2, for example, you've got a really weird story followed by one which is very much in the vein of existing Anderson stories. And the first issue was also along the lines of some of the stories of the British version.

I'm liking it, really. It's kinda like an anthology comic but not.
    Yeah I know what you mean. I'm going to give this, and CLONE from Image, their 3rd issues to impress me and pick the best one to keep on with and drop the other.
    Currently enjoying: Batman, Detective Comics, American Vampire, Saga, The Wake, Letter 44, The Manhattan Projects, Atomic Robo, East of West, Ghosted, FBP...