Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default EXCLUSIVE: Rivera, Ross Cover Waid's "Green Hornet" #1

Dynamite Entertainment has provided CBR with an exclusive first look at Alex Ross and Paolo Rivera's covers for "Green Hornet" #1 written by Mark Waid. The Green Hornet relaunches March 2013.

Full article here.

I'm sort of worried about this:
    "I love the idea that he's gotten a little too arrogant about his influence over the city. He's got them both coming and going as Green Hornet and Britt Reid, so I can see how that could inflate your ego too much and spoil your head a little too much. What happens when you're an arrogant superhero, and your arrogance ends up costing you everything? That's what the story boils down to."
    I want to read a story about a hero I can enjoy and sympathize with, not a book about an arrogant a$$hole.

I think I'll be passing on this for now.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Happily, soon, comic shops will be paid,
    so that we can enjoy this book by Waid.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

So how many #1's has Dynamite given Green Hornet? For the love of all the gods!

Well whatever, Mark Waid will rock this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    . . . Mark Waid will rock this.
    Normally I'd be looking foreward to a book written by Waid, but I'm not sure I like the direction he's describing.
    Congress shall make no law . . . abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Normally I'd be looking foreward to a book written by Waid, but I'm not sure I like the direction he's describing.
    Yeah, I was excited about this. I thought he was going to take a Dardevil/Hulk type direction. They would both work really well with Green Hornet. But this arrogance and massive power grabber doesn't sound too good. It's almost like he's turning him into a villain (You know, that could work, but that's not why I want to buy a Waid Green Hornet.)

I'll hold my judgement till the first preview, which I will then decide if I want to pick up the first issue and so forth. It's not sounding that great though.

Way too much green and yellow in the Ross cover. Everything just blends together.
    Free your soul and let it fly....

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Way too much green and yellow in the Ross cover. Everything just blends together.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Green Hornet #1 written by Waid.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	105802
    It is a bit much.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It does sound off but I'm almost certain he'll do something interesting with it. I'd wait till it's fleshed out a bit.

I was somewhat looking forward to Waid's Hornet but I think I'm going to pass on it. I suppose I was under the impression that Waid's Hornet would be *in addition to* the current series but it obviously isn't. (I do like Waid's work, but I'm just not feeling this series.)

Dynamite strike me as a company that suffers with ADHD.
    I,m really enjoying the current monthly and I,m sure the company will get behind the new creative team.
    At least for the first 6 or 7 issues.
    I,m not so sure setting Green Hornet in the 1950s works.Don,t forget,all fans love the car!
    I,m starting to think that perhaps it would be best to have limited runs."Green Hornet and The Curse of The Red Claw" a run of 8 issues.Followed by,"Green Hornet Stings" a run of 4 issues.You get the idea.That way,the interest is maintained by readers and the company.Following this idea,any reader could just go and buy another titles run,if one of the stories did,nt excite.
    Just an idea.

RALPH.

And what about the Kevin Smith's series? Is it going to be closed?