View Poll Results: Should the right to bear arms be abolished

Voters
345. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

76 22.03%
  • No

133 38.55%
  • No but Stricter laws are needed

93 26.96%
  • maybe

2 0.58%
  • Some weapon types should be banned

16 4.64%
  • Certain Weapons and attachments should be banned

25 7.25%
Page 566 of 647 FirstFirst ... 66466516556562563564565566567568569570576616 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,490 of 9691

Quote Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
    loving this new stance. very interested to see where she takes this,,,,,
    Just a new chapter in "Valerie World" where the reader can follow the exploits of a plucky, quasi-rural housewife whose exploits, and abilities, rival any superhero in your favorite funny book..
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

Quote Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
    loving this new stance. very interested to see where she takes this,,,,,
    Walsh, your uncanny ability to recognize sarcasm boggles the mind.

Oh, and Puma, just because a person is a woman and a mother doesn't mean she's a housewife.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post

Oh, and Puma, just because a person is a woman and a mother doesn't mean she's a housewife.
    Sure. Some have jobs. Some actually are housewives though
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

aside from your writing do you currently have a job outside of the home? if not, housewife.

My disabled, retired, husband refers to himself as a househusband.

it's not an insult, lose the self-inflicted martyrdom.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

what has that got to do with sarcasm. I know you are doing the usual valerie trick of slightly change the subject so people cant refute what you say but you already said you were being bullied here. Thats what Im interested in. That was very clear in my post.
    Reading: The Walking Dead, Morning Glories, Saga, Batman, Hawkeye, The Wake, superman unchained, avengers AI, xmen
    LiamWUL Games Development

I wouldn't judge or degrade someone for bing a stay at home parent, but let's not kid ourselves. If dropping the kids off at school and cooking dinner are your major contributions to the household then the title is appropriate. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Running a household is a lot f work too
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

http://gawker.com/teen-girl-shot-kil...eak-1488771726

A teenage girl from Colorado Springs was shot and killed by her stepfather early this morning after being mistaken for a home invader.

The unidentified 14-year-old was apparently attempting to sneak back into her house after a night out when she was shot by her stepdad.

Local police say the man called 911 around 6 a.m. to report a burglary in progress. Officers responding to the scene found the injured teen in the basement.

She had sustained a gunshot wound to the chest. Scanner traffic suggests she may have also been shot in the stomach.

Emergency services rushed the victim to a nearby hospital, where she was later pronounced dead.
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]aside from your writing do you currently have a job outside of the home?
    You assumed that I didn't have a job outside the house. That's generally not a good assumption to make of any woman.

And yes, I do have a job outside the home.

Being called a housewife is not an insult. Being assumed to be a housewife, though, is typically- right or wrong- interpreted as sexism. I'm sorry I misinterpreted.

You assumed that I didn't have a job outside the house. That's generally not a good assumption to make of any woman.

And yes, I do have a job outside the home.

Being called a housewife is not an insult. Being assumed to be a housewife, though, is typically- right or wrong- interpreted as sexism. I'm sorry I misinterpreted.
    Considering how often you have mentioned being injured and not able to work, the assumption that you are currently not employed outside the home is not far-fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    Considering how often you have mentioned being injured and not able to work, the assumption that you are currently not employed outside the home is not far-fetched.

That was how many months ago? I was injured just over a year ago. Since it was workers' comp related, I was required to work as much as I was physically able as soon as possible.

It's never a good idea to just assume when it's easier (and less embarrassing) to ask. More often than not, the assumptions a person makes reflects his or her ignorance or bias, they are more often than not wrong, and consequently, I don't like them.

Last edited by Puma; 12-25-2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: time to walk

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

Goddamn it.

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

Magnificent Bastard worstblogever's Avatar

CBR's Cerebra: Mutant Tracker
    Updated Tuesdays.

X-Poster of the Month: January 2014
    - the best there is at what i do -

You Americans sure know how to ring in the new year...
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    You Americans sure know how to ring in the new year...
    Hell yeah we do.....

"Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.