View Poll Results: Should the right to bear arms be abolished

Voters
349. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

77 22.06%
  • No

134 38.40%
  • No but Stricter laws are needed

95 27.22%
  • maybe

2 0.57%
  • Some weapon types should be banned

16 4.58%
  • Certain Weapons and attachments should be banned

25 7.16%
Page 250 of 654 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 9805

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Arkansas to allow concealed guns in churches

If you need to have a gun on your person in order to feel safe in church, there's probably at least a couple of assumptions there you need to re-think.
    In all fairness, I know at least one pastor who has armed security at his church due to death threats (for being overly liberal, but that is a different argument).

Quote Originally Posted by thehod View Post
    Millions of people in dozens of different countries manage to protect themselves, their families and their property without the need to own a gun.

So why the need for them in the States?
    Part of the problem is the number in circulation and problem getting them out of circulation (esp. considering the patchwork of jurisdictions that make it so easy to circumvent municipal gun control).

The bigger part is a widespread gun culture that mythologizes and fetishizes the blasted things. Find some way to counter the latter and the former is far less of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    In all fairness, I know at least one pastor who has armed security at his church due to death threats
    When there's an actual overt threat, obviously that's a different circumstance.

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    (for being overly liberal, but that is a different argument).
    Why does that part not surprise me in the slightest?
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by bringthenoise View Post
    So you're also opposed to anti-drunk driving laws I presume?
    A silly question. I'll be your huckleberry, though (because I also posed alcohol/firearm linked questioning). I am not opposed to anti-drunk driving laws. I don't think the penalties are harsh enough, in fact. I also know you'll try to correlate the statistics of gun accidents to those of drunk driving. Which is also silly. That argument presumes there is no responsible gun ownership/usage possible (I've seen several times on this thread were it is called an "oxymoron" or something similar). People who abuse guns (commit crimes) should be prosecuted as harshly as possible. I no more advocate using alcohol with a car than alcohol with a firearm. Nor do I accept the premise that responsible gun ownership leads to a percentage of accidents or homicides that negates one's natural right of self-defense or Constitutional Right to bear arms.
    SHSO NAME: Gallant Centurion Spy
    Next "Most Wanted": Back to "K"

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    Your initial statement was:" we want them and have a right to them".

If the majority of Americans "want" firearms why do only a declining minority of Americans actually own guns?

Also define "them": handguns? semi-auto rifles; Stinger missiles?

Edited to add: the majority of Americans in opinion polls support measures such as a national registry which you claim would be tantamount to a gun ban.
    God try at diversion and a pretty silly lie, I have never stated that a national registration was tantamout to a ban, I just hink is t is a bad idea, subject to abuse, and a waste of money.

Where is the polling YOU mentioned that you said I was ignoring? Apparently only in your head
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by bringthenoise View Post
    So you're also opposed to anti-drunk driving laws I presume?
    It's like I keep telling my neighbors. If their three-year-old had stayed out of my yard, my Rotterweiler would never have ripped her face off.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    G

Where is the polling YOU mentioned that you said I was ignoring? Apparently only in your head
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...polling-shows/

Also Mike your complaints about "kibbitzing" might have more weight coming from someone who doesn't refer to other countries as "shitholes" or claim that foreigners are a pack of freedom-hating brainwashed commie drones who expect the state to look after them from cradle to grave.

What do you believe is the social finical cost of a box of 22 rounds?
    Millions of dollars, potentially. What are our law enforcement costs and victim relief costs compared to those of more civilized nations with reasonable gun laws?
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Nothing in that poll backs your claim

Quote Originally Posted by CenturianSpy View Post
    Nor do I accept the premise that responsible gun ownership leads to a percentage of accidents or homicides that negates one's natural right of self-defense or Constitutional Right to bear arms.
    Here's the thing... This responsible gun owners hullablloo... You simply don't know if somebody is or isn't going to be a responsible gun owner when he buys his first gun. And most won't be. Not all of the time. Everybody slips up sooner or later.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

Also Mike your complaints about "kibbitzing" might have more weight coming from someone who doesn't refer to other countries as "shitholes" or claim that foreigners are a pack of freedom-hating brainwashed commie drones who expect the state to look after them from cradle to grave.
    s straw-men, I don't suppose you have anything f factual to use so you lie about what I have said including false quotes

Quote Originally Posted by carabas View Post
    Here's the thing... This responsible gun owners hullablloo... You simply don't know if somebody is or isn't going to be a responsible gun owner when he buys his first gun. And most won't be. Not all of the time. Everybody slips up sooner or later.
    Many tens of millions of people own guns in the US, so saying that most slip up is just ignoring reality for political purposes

Nothing in that poll backs your claim
    Well there is the one that shows 73% of non-gunowners, 70% of people who live in a household with a gun and 40% of gunowners favoring national registration.

But since, by definition, non-gunowners aren't real Americans I guess their views can be disregarded.

s straw-men, I don't suppose you have anything f factual to use so you lie about what I have said including false quotes
    People who feel like it can go back through this very thread and read your assorted nonsense.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Buy a gun. It will make you invincible and immortal.
    but then some other immortal will try to kill me. there can be only one! *Queen song*
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time