View Poll Results: Should the right to bear arms be abolished

Voters
345. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

76 22.03%
  • No

133 38.55%
  • No but Stricter laws are needed

93 26.96%
  • maybe

2 0.58%
  • Some weapon types should be banned

16 4.64%
  • Certain Weapons and attachments should be banned

25 7.25%
Page 154 of 647 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 9704

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    That's entirely likely, or it may have been how he was taught.
    I've found that martial arts can attract some people with odd ideas ("I have a blackbelt, I am now a living weapon!"), there's probably a lot of daft stuff being taught out there.

By the way, thank you for being civil.
    No problem.

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Scraping the bottom of the barrel:

NRA Ad Targets Obama's Children
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post

Yikes, what part of "President of the United States" do they not get? That's why he, and in extension, his kids, are more important.

Never mind that they literally just aimed at a President's kids in an ad. What the fuck.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Despite bowing out of this thread last week due to the idiocy present, I came here to post about just this topic. I mean, really, they don't see the difference? It boggles the mind to think that a group of people would actually believe this was a legitimate point to make.

The point was made in the West Wing very well, Obama is just the President he's also a father except unlike mot fathers he wouldn't just be upset if someone hurt his little girls; he'd be upset AND have the full might of the United States Military to behind his rage. Protecting the President's family is an extension of protecting the President himself.

It's a no brainer really, not only are they an extension of him but because of that they face a much higher risk of danger everyday thus warranting protection. On top of that having secret service body guards is much different than arming every teacher in the building.

These guys are pond scum. What a bunch of jackasses.
    We Want You! Join Us At CBR:Age of Marvels!

CBB. We March Thru Your Thread With A Million MoFos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kamikaze10 View Post
    Yikes, what part of "President of the United States" do they not get? That's why he, and in extension, his kids, are more important.
    Also, I suspect the Secret Service protection for his kids are better trained than the average police officer (never mind all the extra officers that the NRA's plan would involve taking on) and probably trained to get them out of danger, rather than try to play action hero, as the NRA seems to want with their "bad guys" and "good guys" horseshit.

They're trying to claim this isn't about Obama's daughters, despite the ad revolving around them.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    They're trying to claim this isn't about Obama's daughters, despite the ad revolving around them.
    That deserves a...

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Puppetmaker Grae View Post
    I've found that martial arts can attract some people with odd ideas ("I have a blackbelt, I am now a living weapon!"), there's probably a lot of daft stuff being taught out there.
    I can kill a man 15 different ways using a drinking straw, 16 if I leave the wrapper on
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I can kill a man 15 different ways using a drinking straw, 16 if I leave the wrapper on
    I can't find a screen cap of it, but ...

(At a diner)
    The Tick: Why would they send a superhero of my caliber to a place like this? I'm not sure this city even needs a champion!
    Diner patron: So, you're a superhero, huh? And what sort of costume is that supposed to be?
    The Tick: Costume? No costume, friend. I am simply: The Tick.
    Diner patron: Well, you can't be "The Tick". Ticks are arachnids. They've got eight legs.
    The Tick: (dumbfounded) How do you know I don't?
    Diner patron: Ticks suck blood. (aggressively) Do you suck blood?
    The Tick: Uh... yeah, I suck blood all the time.
    Diner patron: (scoffing) Yeah right.
    The Tick: (grabbing a straw) Look! I got a straw right here, pal, you want a demonstration?
    (He begins sucking through the straw forcefully)
    Diner patron: (apologetically) No, no. No, no, thanks, no!

Quote Originally Posted by RatFace View Post
    So, please tell me what part of the 2nd amendment NY pissing on?
    a court finally found them guilty of violating the 4th due to their discriminatory stop and frisk. of course Bloomberg is going to appeal the ruling

which brings up something Slam mentioned in the thread a week ago or so. many of the more vehement anti-gun control crowd that speak endlessly about the constitution and the sanctity of the 2nd were praising Bloomberg's bigoted policy that was violating the targeted groups 4th amendment.
    Last edited by 7thangel; 01-16-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    That's entirely likely, or it may have been how he was taught. This was by some random strangers at a Job Centre who took a strong dislike to the look of him. (And he'd come there looking for work.)
    Nope, still smacks of utter bollocks.

It appears they don't really mind targeting children or appealing to utter fucking idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    It appears they don't really mind targeting children or appealing to utter fucking idiots.
    the guys who think they are Rambo....the ones who fantasize about some armed crazy showing up and them saving the day, John Woo style

ever see that scene in the psychatrists office in Observe And Report....people like that
    Support your local roller derby league

the much dreaded proposals from Pres. Obama and V.P. Biden

Everything You Need To Know About Obama’s Gun Violence Prevention Proposals
    [...]

The initiatives cover everything from mental heath, to gun safety, to blocking the most deadly firearms from making it to market. Here are some of the most important efforts the President introduced today:

1. Making background checks universal. Obama wants every single gun owner to go through a proper background check, so it can be determined whether they have a criminal history or diagnosed mental illness. He wants Congress to close the gun show loophole that allows people at gun shows, and private buyers of used weapons, to avoid getting checked. He will also, through executive action, urge private sellers to conduct background checks, even if they aren’t mandatory.

2. Improving state reporting of criminals and the mentally ill. While all states are required to report to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) people who should not have access to guns, some states are sluggish about putting the data into the system. Obama will put more money into the hands of the states so that they can improve their reporting systems, and issue stronger guidelines to let states know when they should report people. Obama will also, through Presidential Memorandum, work to make sure agencies are regularly entering data into NICS.

3. Banning assault weapons. This is likely the most difficult battle Obama will undertake. He wants to reinstate the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban, which outlaws military-grade weapons, like the AR-15 used by Newtown gunman Adam Lanza and by Aurora Theater gunman James Holmes. Obama wants Congress to pass the ban, and close some of the loopholes identified in its 1994 iteration.

4. Capping magazine clip capacity at 10 bullets. A military-grade weapon is dangerous, but so are its accessories: Obama proposes banning all extended magazine clips that hold over 10 bullets. Huge magazine clips allow a gunman to fire off hundreds of rounds without having to stop, even once, to reload. The high-capacity magazine ban was also part of the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban.

5. Purging armor-piercing bullets. The sale of armor piercing ammunition has been banned for quite some time, but is still legal to posess such bullets. Obama is calling on Congress to outlaw ownership and transfer of these bullets, instead of just the sale. Those who oppose any gun laws try to spin a ban on armor piercing bullets as a ban on deer hunting ammunition, but such ammo has the ability to penetrate bullet-proof vests, and is more colloquially known as “cop killer bullets.”

6. Funding police officers. Obama wants Congress to reverse its course of austerity for public employees by approving $4 billion to fund police enforcement around the country.

7. Strengthening gun tracking. In order to track weapons that are used for crimes, Obama will issue a memorandum mandating that all agencies trace back firearms. This means that any agency in the country must trace guns used in crimes back to their original owners, as a way to help collect data on where criminal weapons are coming from. Obama will also ask Congress to allow law enforcement to do background checks on guns seized during investigations.

[...]

9. Encouraging mental health providers to get involved. In order to make sure that those with homicidal thoughts are unable to access the weapons with which to kill, Obama seeks to encourage mental health professionals to alert authorities to such people. He will clarify that doing so is not in violation of patient privacy laws. He also wants to dispel the idea that Obamacare prevents doctors from talking to patients about guns.

[...]

[more at link]