View Poll Results: Should the right to bear arms be abolished

Voters
349. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

77 22.06%
  • No

134 38.40%
  • No but Stricter laws are needed

95 27.22%
  • maybe

2 0.57%
  • Some weapon types should be banned

16 4.58%
  • Certain Weapons and attachments should be banned

25 7.16%
Page 108 of 655 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158208608 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 9816

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    Where did I say a pistol had an extended mag? No matter how you install a barrel shroud on any given weapon, the military doesn't use them on their rifles the AR 15 is cloned from, so why would a civilian need one?
    The military uses barrel shrouds on M-16 and M-4 that do not have a grenade launcher mounted, the Shouds have to be dismounted to mount the grenade launcher which is then used as a fore-stock

Are you really that ignorant of the subject or just trolling

Ad if you want to ban barrel shrouds please tell me first what danger they represent? Outside oif scaring the ignorant and the stupid that is.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    The military uses barrel shrouds on M-16 and M-4 that do not have a grenade launcher mounted, the Shouds have to be dismounted to mount the grenade launcher which is then used as a fore-stock

Are you really that ignorant of the subject or just trolling

Ad if you want to ban barrel shrouds please tell me first what danger they represent? Outside oif scaring the ignorant and the stupid that is.
    When did I say I want to ban barrel shrouds? I said threaded barrels, which already are banned in my state. What I said about barrel shrouds are that they aren't necessary, which seems to be true, since guns still exist in my state without barrel shrouds. To me the "ignorant and stupid" would be those who burn themselves on the barrel of their own gun without aftermarket training wheels to keep them safe.

Pistols with high capacity mags, banning barrel shrouds, are you high on PCP?
    Last edited by dupont2005; 01-06-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Quote Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
    Ok lets make the comparison then. A car hits you then you end up in hospital and miss some work. A gun is shot at you then you end up make in the ground or an urn.
    Do you honestly believe a gun is fired every time it's drawn, or that every time a gun is fired, it kills someone? How about this to make an accurate comparison? Traffic accidents are the number one cause of death of young people in the world, and that leaves out every time a car is used as a ramming weapon or a car bomb. Firearms don't come near. In fact, so-called assault rifles are used in about 2% of homicides, ranking below hammers as a cause of death. Over eighty million legally owned guns in the US have never been used to shoot a single person. Personally, I've been injured in three seperate mishaps involving automobiles. I've never been shot once, and I'm around firearms as often as I'm around cars.
    Last edited by Valerie; 01-06-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Do you honestly believe a gun is fired every time it's drawn, or that every time a gun is fired, it kills someone? How about this to make an accurate comparison. Traffic accidents are the number one cause of death of young people in the world, and that leaves out every time a car is used as a ramming weapon or a car bomb. Firearms don't come near. For something more resembling real numbers, over eighty million legally owned guns in the US have never shot anyone. Personally, I've been injured in three seperate mishaps involving automobiles. I've never been shot once, and I'm around firearms as often as I'm around cars.
    Has a car ever murdered twenty kindergarteners? Has a gun ever provided essential commerce for a productive society? There is absolutely no comparison between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by thehod View Post
    It's hurt whatever the meat has come from, hasn't it?

And you are aware that both arrows and darts were originally designed as weapons, right.

Their designed purpose is to kill. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Do you want to ban darts and archery, too?

If there were regular double digit body counts from spree killings where darts or arrows were the weapon of choice, yes I would.

Still, that wasn't the point I was making, but you've missed or ignored the point every one else has made, so why should I be so lucky.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    So by your logic there's no point doing the same for guns because people might not pay attention?
    Not at all. I'm trying to point out that if you don't think education and passing a test qualifies someone for firearm ownership, it most certainly doesn't qualify someone for owning and operating a motor vehicle.

Not at all. I'm trying to point out that if you don't think education and passing a test qualifies someone for firearm ownership, it most certainly doesn't qualify someone for owning and operating a motor vehicle.
    Let me get this straight here.

You think the licensing regime for cars should be far stricter than it is already.
    You also think teachers should be armed to prevent more school attacks.

The device used for transportation should be more heavily regulated
    The device used to kill should be more widely spread.

That's your opinion on this matter. And you don't see the gargantuan logical contradiction in those points of views?
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Olvia View Post
    Not lying, i just lost some of my faith in humankind because of that message.

Yeah, that's the solution, to train teachers with weapons is the logical thing to do.

Of course...
    What, you're not glad that someone here doesn't believe in forcing people to be defenseless?

Do you honestly believe a gun is fired every time it's drawn, or that every time a gun is fired, it kills someone? How about this to make an accurate comparison? Traffic accidents are the number one cause of death of young people in the world, and that leaves out every time a car is used as a ramming weapon or a car bomb. Firearms don't come near. In fact, so-called assault rifles are used in about 2% of homicides, ranking below hammers as a cause of death. Over eighty million legally owned guns in the US have never been used to shoot a single person. Personally, I've been injured in three seperate mishaps involving automobiles. I've never been shot once, and I'm around firearms as often as I'm around cars.
    I have to ask, what age are you?? I am really hoping you are like 14 and that this is just the way you are raised. I would still worry about you but at least another few years before you have any power or responsibility in your life.

Anyway I beg of you to answer and reply to every thing I post in order to see just how your mind works.

1) That is not an accurate comparison. you can either a) compare a car crash to a gun shot or b) driving to owning a gun. What you said makes no sense

2) A car and a gun cannot be compared anyway. If you want to compare a gun to something compare it to a bomb. They both have the same purpose which is death and destruction.

3) You go on about total numbers but as many have said the ratio is far different. So Id just be interested in what you say on that as you keep ignoring it

4) You keep made the point that most guns are never shot. So why do you have them??
    Reading: The Walking Dead, Morning Glories, Saga, Batman, Hawkeye, The Wake, superman unchained, avengers AI, xmen
    LiamWUL Games Development

Quote Originally Posted by thehod View Post
    Let me get this straight here.

You think the licensing regime for cars should be far stricter than it is already.
    You also think teachers should be armed to prevent more school attacks.

The device used for transportation should be more heavily regulated
    The device used to kill should be more widely spread.

That's your opinion on this matter. And you don't see the gargantuan logical contradiction in those points of views?
    Not at all, because that's not exactly my position. You've omitted the option of stricter penalties for violation of existing regulations. And you'd have a point if not for the fact that the device used for transportation causes much more death and injury than firearms. If you're interested in saving more lives, you should be more concerned about what actually causes the most preventable deaths.

So lets not have drivers training anymore. Or car registration. Or insurance. Or licenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Walsh06 View Post
    Ok lets make the comparison then. A car hits you then you end up in hospital and miss some work. A gun is shot at you then you end up in the ground or an urn.
    What kind of car? One of those itty bitty Smartcars? A guy snapping a pic of Justin Beiber's car got killed recently when he was struck by an SUV. If a guy fires a gun at you, it doesn't mean he's a top shot. You may get out of there with a flesh wound, provided you're not standing there with a soda can on your head.

If some guy just killed twenty kindergarteners with darts I'd like some new legislation passed, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    What kind of car? One of those itty bitty Smartcars? A guy snapping a pic of Justin Beiber's car got killed recently when he was struck by an SUV. If a guy fires a gun at you, it doesn't mean he's a top shot. You may get out of there with a flesh wound, provided you're not standing there with a soda can on your head.
    He was talking about the actual car that actually hit her. She missed a few days work, and compared it to a fucking kindergarten massacre.