View Poll Results: Should the right to bear arms be abolished

Voters
349. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

77 22.06%
  • No

134 38.40%
  • No but Stricter laws are needed

95 27.22%
  • maybe

2 0.57%
  • Some weapon types should be banned

16 4.58%
  • Certain Weapons and attachments should be banned

25 7.16%
Page 97 of 654 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197597 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 9804
    MXAAGVNIEETRO were right The Black Guardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Because I don't believe that. I believe if those rights were used by more people with due regard for all the responsibilities involved, we'd have fewer dead kids. The problem is not the firearms, but the unlawful or irresponsible use of them. By that logic, I suppose you think death and injury to millions more is an acceptable price to pay for everyone's right to drive a car. I know you don't really believe that. You understand that the problem is the unlawful or irresponsible use of the automobile, not the automobile itself.

Same thing goes for firearms.
    While I do agree with that-- sort of-- I tend not to believe that humans are capable of being that responsible on a large scale. Generally, we are all still ape-men with clubs who like to bash things. Guns are just a "new" type of club.

Driving a car is not a right. The analogy doesn't really work, and the use of this only supports gun control.
    COEXIST | NOEXIST

ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelCipher
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Maybe you should google the Pine Ridge Reservation. While the crime rate there is high compared to the rest of South Dakota, it doesn't compare to, say, the per capita homicide rate of Washington DC. And it proves that taking guns away from law abiding people won't solve anything quite like addressing the root causes of violent crime.
    Now I really am surprised you haven't trotted out Antarctica.

It means stopping the killing spree with whatever force is appropriate and necessary.
    Oh, so when you said "I believe if those rights were used by more people with due regard for all the responsibilities involved, we'd have fewer dead kids", you were blaming the dead teachers for not having guns because real-life would be like a Hollywood film. Fuck you.
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind

Well, there you have it.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles RB View Post
    There's that too. A gun is either for killing people, killing animals, or for having fun at shooting ranges (and you don't need to own the gun for the last one).
    for the last, if you have any skill at all you need your own gun more than the previous two
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    for the last, if you have any skill at all you need your own gun more than the previous two
    There should be no issue with leaving your own gun at a shooting range, should there, in the same way people leave their cues at snooker clubs.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

Anyone who trots out the "guns don't kill people, people do," and the "cars kill more people than guns do," arguments can not be taken seriously. They are irrational, delusional nutjobs.

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    Anyone who trots out the "guns don't kill people, people do," and the "cars kill more people than guns do," arguments can not be taken seriously. They are irrational, delusional nutjobs.
    I don't remember making a second account :P
    Reading: The Walking Dead, Morning Glories, Saga, Batman, Hawkeye, The Wake, superman unchained, avengers AI, xmen
    LiamWUL Games Development

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kmeyers View Post
    I think that is true to a point. Because if you have an empty gun for instance...its not gonna kill anyone. Its empty ...its basically a heavy paperweight. Now if "I" put guns into said gun and shoot someone ...well it killed someone.

Yes guns are made for kill , hunt and sport. But don't take the human aspect out of it. People choose to use them for that reason. The gun isn't saying ...kill...kill...kill. There is a human behind it pushing that trigger.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

while it would be nice to sample different guns you don't own and probably never will, i see no problem with bringing your own gun to a shooting range. you should be familiar with your own gun. plus, while trust is an issue i.e. whether we can trust the person to be responsible, the same holds for a shooting range and it's owners and whether they can be trusted to ensure the safety of the patrons and of their guns and equipment

Guns were created for one purpose, to kill people. The gun was invented for warfare, first and foremost; using a gun for hunting, and developing guns primarily for hunting or target shooting, came after the initial development. Automobiles were invented, first and foremost, for transportation; developing cars for NASCAR came later. Apples and oranges.

Additionally, comparing irresponsible drivers with intentional mass murderers is flat out bullshit.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

insect of destiny fly on the wall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Guardian View Post
    Driving a car is not a right. The analogy doesn't really work, and the use of this only supports gun control.
    Huh? Declaring that car-driving is not a right is some kind of debate point? People use cars and guns to kill people; these are comparable. Now you could say that people kill people with cars accidentally, while people use guns to kill people on purpose, if intent is what you are interested in. But don't forget that cars kill many more people than guns do; forget intent let's just go for body count. Drunk Driving kills more people than guns do so alcohol kills more people than guns. Since alcohol kills more people than guns lets outlaw alcohol as well as guns. What's that you say? We outlawed alcohol before and it didn't work? Well lets try it again anyway. Maybe we'll get it right this time.

On the other hand outlawing alcohol lead to a rise in death by guns. It's all interwoven in a tapestry of death; heavy.
    fly on the wall

"A watched pot never boils unless you have heat vision."

--Anonymous

It's perfectly acceptable to expect automobiles or either alcohol to get used and sold and bought with little or no casualties or deaths for a result.

But can the same be said for guns? And more specifically: for assault weapons - weapons intentionally made for facilitating killing sprees? I think not.

Arming people or making people less defenseless against lunatic attacks by arming them, really?
    That would serve no-one, except gun-lunatics and the gun-selling establishment, thus: that would serve no-one.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fly on the wall View Post
    Since alcohol kills more people than guns lets outlaw alcohol as well as guns. What's that you say? We outlawed alcohol before and it didn't work? Well lets try it again anyway. Maybe we'll get it right this time.
    it might have worked if there weren't so many guns around.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

a gun show scheduled for this weekend in Waterbury, CT (about 20 minutes from Newtown, CT) was cancelled by the Waterbury PD by way of not issuing the permit for the show
    Support your local roller derby league