View Poll Results: Should the right to bear arms be abolished

Voters
348. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

77 22.13%
  • No

134 38.51%
  • No but Stricter laws are needed

94 27.01%
  • maybe

2 0.57%
  • Some weapon types should be banned

16 4.60%
  • Certain Weapons and attachments should be banned

25 7.18%
Page 72 of 650 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122172572 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 9739

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Gun legisltion has been become LESS restive over the last couple of decades, It is far easier now to get a CCW in most states than it was in the 70s or 80s for example and you can carry one in more places. #4 states are Shall Issue states now and It looks like a few more are joining that list.
    It doesn't really matter if they're easier to procure, the fact remains that in the last 50 years the percentage of homes with guns has dropped from 50% to 32% and there are no signs of that drop slowing down.

That would seem to fly directly in the face of your idea that gun ownership is related to the drop in crime.

Ian mentioned that a buy back was pretty successful in Australia and I see no reason why it wouldn't work here.

Please tell me how I make turn my family Heirloom 45 into a fixed magazine pistol, ot any Pistol other than a single shot or a revolver?

Are you going to pay for the pistols you are taking from people, Mine would auction for about $20K

It would be incredibly easy to design a pistol without a removable magazine? That is simply Bullshit
    In the Australian gun buybacks, special exlcusions were made for historic weaposn and for collectors.

as was the case in the US when full-auto weapons were banned.

But it's obvously absurd to suggest that the Kenyan Usurper will be satisfied with anything other than a total ban on guns.
    Last edited by Iangould; 12-25-2012 at 09:38 PM.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Were there possible consequences for deciding to not turn in your guns in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Were there possible consequences for deciding to not turn in your guns in Australia?
    Yes, fines and jail time.

Please tell me how I make turn my family Heirloom 45 into a fixed magazine pistol, ot any Pistol other than a single shot or a revolver?

Are you going to pay for the pistols you are taking from people, Mine would auction for about $20K

It would be incredibly easy to design a pistol without a removable magazine? That is simply Bullshit
    Yes, it would be incredibly easy. It's a simple modification that can be performed on any existing gun and implemented on all new guns at minimal cost. As you love to say to everyone else in here, your ignorance is not an excuse for blah blah blah, if you don't know about something you shouldn't talk about it, all that stuff. This is a Masterpiece Arms 30T-CA. The only difference between this model and the model that is not CA legal is this one has a welded on flash suppressor instead of a removable type on a threaded barrel (They use the same barrel and flash suppressor, just weld it on) and it has a fixed ten round mag with a ten round plug, making the mag essentially useless. The mag holds no bullets and is about as easy to remove as an SKS mag. So only one round can be chambered. It's the same exact weapon as the one with thirty round drop free mags, with a minor modification that can be applied to your 1911 or any other pistol or rifle with a magazine feed.

So yes, this is a real world pistol with a fixed mag. I know of rifles with fixed mags too, but so do you I'm sure.
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

Another fixed mag pistol http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr_M1912
    The Copper Age is my Golden Age
    My 2014 1000 comic progress

I like punching wholes in paper, busting up clay pigeons, Hunting for meat and I like the additional security they bring.
    So no real reason for your obvious paranoia then. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    hair spray and a match is all i need or a hot cup of coffee/tea
    So risk setting your arm on fire or convince the deranged killer to have a seat for a few minutes while you nuke a cup of joe?
    Why not just hand out whistles, because nobody would ignore that in an emergency.
    My mom gave my computer cancer.

In the US it seams that less violent crime and more guns are happening at the same time
    How is crime reported? What are the definitions of violent crime? Has there been any research into unreported violent crime? Are there targets involved for police forces to meet? How many guns are owned by people and how many people own multiple guns? Are there more gun owners in areas where violent crime is decreasing or are they better policed than areas where violent crime is stable or increasing?

These are some of the questions I was referring to earlier. There will be many more to get a clear picture of what exactly is happening in the US regarding violent crime.

Or you could just say 'more guns=less violent crime' and forget about facts and figures or complex stuff like that and shoot a few guns. YeeeHaaa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by king mob View Post
    How is crime reported? What are the definitions of violent crime? Has there been any research into unreported violent crime? Are there targets involved for police forces to meet? How many guns are owned by people and how many people own multiple guns? Are there more gun owners in areas where violent crime is decreasing or are they better policed than areas where violent crime is stable or increasing?

These are some of the questions I was referring to earlier. There will be many more to get a clear picture of what exactly is happening in the US regarding violent crime.

Or you could just say 'more guns=less violent crime' and forget about facts and figures or complex stuff like that and shoot a few guns. YeeeHaaa!!!
    I actually had to take a look at this at one point back in my public service days.

There are two principal mans of crime reporting in the US - the Uniform Crime Reporting mechanism which involves police Departments reporting crime figures to the FBI and victimization surveys which, fairly obviously, ask people if they've been a victim of a crime. Both methods have limitations - participation in the UCR is voluntary and peopel are more reluctant to report some forms of crime than others (like sexual assault) plus fairly obviously, you can't survey homicide victims.

However, the UCR covers around 90% o the US population and trends between the two methods tend to be similar. so, yeah, to cut through the blather, all the evidence suggests crime really is declining in the US.

Comparing figures internationally is more problematic because. for example, the UCR reports figures for "rape" whereas the Australian (and British) crime stats use the broader category "sexual assault" which includes other offenses such as indecent exposure. Similarly, US figures for "assault" are for for what Brits and Australians would define as "aggravated assault" or "assault and battery" and aren't comparable to assault figures from those countries which include simple assault.

BANNED

I like punching wholes in paper, busting up clay pigeons, Hunting for meat and I like the additional security they bring.
    But basically, you just like shooting things so therefore you should be allowed to have a gun, right? Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    So yes, this is a real world pistol with a fixed mag. I know of rifles with fixed mags too, but so do you I'm sure.
    Mike, he obviously didn't completely read your first sentence basically equating "fixed" with "single-shot."

So, the answer is to make all semi-automatics single-shot weapons.

It really is time to let go and move on.
    Stay away from the chimps. You can't reason with them and you'll just end up with monkey shit all over your clothes.

Internet hypocrisy #47: Being the undisputed scourge of trolls until the troll supports your side of the debate and then becoming silent.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    hair spray and a match is all i need or a hot cup of coffee/tea
    Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    So risk setting your arm on fire or convince the deranged killer to have a seat for a few minutes while you nuke a cup of joe?
    Why not just hand out whistles, because nobody would ignore that in an emergency.
    This really makes me wish that even when a movie does this , doesn't mean it will actually work great in real life. I love watching old repeats of MacGyver but even I know I can't disable a bomb with a rubber band and toothpick.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    This really makes me wish that even when a movie does this , doesn't mean it will actually work great in real life. I love watching old repeats of MacGyver but even I know I can't disable a bomb with a rubber band and toothpick.
    I did actually once scare off two robbers armed only with a cane knife but it's not a course of action I'd encourage others to emulate.
    (And a cane knife is a scary-looking piece of gear.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corona-cane-knife-G41040.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	106319

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    I did actually once scare off two robbers armed only with a cane knife but it's not a course of action I'd encourage others to emulate.
    (And a cane knife is a scary-looking piece of gear.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	corona-cane-knife-G41040.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.5 KB 
ID:	106319
    It does look scary... but hell least you had a knife. I'd rather have that then risk burning my arm with a match and hairspray ...or have a hot cup of coffee.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.