View Poll Results: Should the right to bear arms be abolished

Voters
348. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

77 22.13%
  • No

134 38.51%
  • No but Stricter laws are needed

94 27.01%
  • maybe

2 0.57%
  • Some weapon types should be banned

16 4.60%
  • Certain Weapons and attachments should be banned

25 7.18%
Page 36 of 651 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136536 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Improved mental heath care would be a great start, I don't think that your methods would end up with any few dead kids.
    I understand he was only able to gain access to the school by shooting his way in, so there's twenty less for a start.
    The Hod: Novelist, raconteur and celebrated sexual athlete.

Lenient Tyrant/Moderator Brian Cronin's Avatar

Civility is being lost a bit here. Get it back on track, please.

-Brian
    Comics Should Be Good, which features Comic Book Legends Revealed!... check them out!

Also, be sure to check out my web site, Urban Legends Revealed!, for urban legends about Sports, TV, Movies, Music and more!

And while we're at it, please buy my new book, Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? And while you're at that, please buy my first book, Was Superman a Spy? and Other Comic Book Legends Revealed!

the NRA has broken its silence with a very vague statement and wanting to make "meaningful contributions" to make sure what happened in Newtown doesn't happen again...apparently there will be a more full statement made on Friday

2 members of Congress who were very pro firearm, including Mark Warner of West Virginia have come out and said things need to change

the 2nd amendment isn't being abolished, nor is it being amended, but other things can be done to restrict and regulate access to weapons
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    the NRA has broken its silence with a very vague statement and wanting to make "meaningful contributions" to make sure what happened in Newtown doesn't happen again...apparently there will be a more full statement made on Friday

2 members of Congress who were very pro firearm, including Mark Warner of West Virginia have come out and said things need to change

the 2nd amendment isn't being abolished, nor is it being amended, but other things can be done to restrict and regulate access to weapons
    I hope changes are made. Realistically no one expected the 2nd amendment to be abolished but something does need to change. There seems to be a vagueness in everyone's response, especially with the word 'meaningful' being banded around (didn't Obama's statement use similar wording?) I just hope it comes to fruition.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    I hope changes are made. Realistically no one expected the 2nd amendment to be abolished but something does need to change. There seems to be a vagueness in everyone's response, especially with the word 'meaningful' being banded around (didn't Obama's statement use similar wording?) I just hope it comes to fruition.
    because gun control has been poisonous for ones political career in recent years...both W and Obamas administration basically left it alone and that inaction has now blown up in everyones face

because gun control has been poisonous for ones political career in recent years...both W and Obamas administration basically left it alone and that inaction has now blown up in everyones face
    True, I don't know if I can think of an equivalent for the UK for which feelings for and against seem so extreme and is so poisonous to one's career.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The Manchin turn is one that likely has the NRA realizing they need to go along with an assault weapons ban or whatever gun control bill happens. Because its expected Manchin who is popular could be the next President in 2016. So I can sense if they do agree its the impact of having Joe Manchin there.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    The Manchin turn is one that likely has the NRA realizing they need to go along with an assault weapons ban or whatever gun control bill happens. Because its expected Manchin who is popular could be the next President in 2016. So I can sense if they do agree its the impact of having Joe Manchin there.
    I was very surprised on Joe Manchin...Mark Warner didn't surprise me too much because he seems to be a pretty progressive guy, very vocal about marriage equality and such

I was very surprised on Joe Manchin...Mark Warner didn't surprise me too much because he seems to be a pretty progressive guy, very vocal about marriage equality and such
    Manchin has always been a very conservative Democrat and had it been the 1980's he'd be a Republican really . In fact his turn is a complete WTF situation as I posted it and no one has replied. I can sense many of my Republican friends are doing a WTF deal right now. Because its something they never imagined.

Its gonna be interesting to get in person and see their reactions.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Manchin has always been a very conservative Democrat and had it been the 1980's he'd be a Republican really . In fact his turn is a complete WTF situation as I posted it and no one has replied. I can sense many of my Republican friends are doing a WTF deal right now. Because its something they never imagined.

Its gonna be interesting to get in person and see their reactions.
    I imagine they'll use the D by his name to dismiss it.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    The problem is that post like the one I responded to show that the fear in n rational not paranoid, Did you read that post? Did you read the title of this thread?
    As of the last poll I read (it is above) 90% of Americans oppose banning guns, since when it that a tiny minority?
    I didn't write it clearly enough, but the position that a tiny minority were in favor of and which I accused the NRA of exaggerating is that proponents of gun control wanted to eradicate all gun ownership in the US. A majority of Americans favor some measure of greater gun control (about 55% from what I heard). They often disagree on the specifics and aren't evenly distributed across the US. But less than a fifth of them (that 10% that you're talking about and which I'm just taking your word on; I would've assumed it to be lower) actually do.

Or to sum up, the 10% of Americans that want to overthrow the Second Amendment is the tiny majority not the 90%, but the NRA thinks that it's everybody.

Or the NRA sees it in their best interests to convince their membership that it's everybody.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    I imagine they'll use the D by his name to dismiss it.
    They may try...but they themselves know Manchin is more of a conservative. He won nearly 70% of the vote in the state. Its gonna wing them and in fact some have lashed out already...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	425657_10152338636390106_297640707_n.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	105930

One of my friends posted this on facebook. Thought it was really funny and typical of what the rest of the world thinks of the whole discussed amendment in this thread.

Apparently that piece of chocolate is harmful for kids.

It's probably so delicious it ought to be illegal.

If we import too much good European candy, people will realize what crap Hershey's has been peddling. Can't have that.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"