View Poll Results: Should the right to bear arms be abolished

Voters
349. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

77 22.06%
  • No

134 38.40%
  • No but Stricter laws are needed

95 27.22%
  • maybe

2 0.57%
  • Some weapon types should be banned

16 4.58%
  • Certain Weapons and attachments should be banned

25 7.16%
Page 29 of 653 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129529 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Human history?

Of course we really only have to worry when our officials start eroding our civil liberties by forcing us on pain of monetary fine or jail time if we refuse to purchase something they are selling. You know, like, a health insurance plan.

Oh.

Dang.
    I'd also rather have a single-payer system where the US citizens are required to pay for it through their taxes, such as Social Security, instead of giving them a choice to buy from a private vendor.

Your politicians wander around with firearms on a regular basis? That's alarming...
    Yes a number of members of Congress and even a few governors have CCW permits
    Support your local roller derby league

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    Good grief. I was actually joking-I never thought that would be true.

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    Doesn't shock me... a guy like Joe Manchin makes no secret that he carries and has even fired a gun before in a campaign ad. Of course as you see politicians , 99% of them will be responsible with firearms.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    which is why the culture needs to be addressed along with changing regulations

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

which is why the culture needs to be addressed along with changing regulations
    So your saying those responsible politicians who do carry CCW shouldn't be allowed ? Why not ? I mean yes , I get that many politicians are insane like this dude...

But many aren't like Rick Perry and I'm sure they are responsible enough to carry like some have listed in this thread.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

The US must be the only country on this planet to have a "culture" of guns.

Ah just kidding, after all it's your call. I mean, i'm not American, i'm not living there and don't plan to. That's your constitution, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    So your saying those responsible politicians who do carry CCW shouldn't be allowed ? Why not ? I mean yes , I get that many politicians are insane like this dude...
    if the law says it's fine for them to carry, I have no issue

but I do think a conversation needs to be had about the US mindset about guns

Quote Originally Posted by FarBeyondC View Post
    I can agree with this, as it actually- unlike most of everything else I've read thus far- makes a bit of sense.
    That's how your CCW operates. I also would have to announce if I was armed or not if a police officer pulled me over. You are put under a lot of scrutiny with a CCW.

Quote Originally Posted by dupont2005 View Post
    People will still kill. They probably won't mass kill kindergarteners by the dozens. The example of fire used nearly 100 years ago isn't valid today because today a school isn't made up of one building with one entrance and the entire thing made out of kindling. There are multiple rooms and buildings each with multiple entrances and exits, fire extinguishers and alarms everywhere, automatic sprinklers, fire retardant insulation and fire blocks used in construction, it goes on. The point of gun control in the current context seems to me to be a means of preventing spree homicides in double digit numbers, which could absolutely be accomplished with a few simple rules. How about no more detachable mags and nothing with greater than a five round capacity? National registration and banning guns in households where felons with violent histories and those with clinical mental and developmental illnesses that would inhibit their impulse control and decision making live.
    5 rounds, capacity, and no detachable magazines that makes even Civil war and western revolvers history and almost every hand gun produced since the 1870s illegal. You want to ban guns why not at least try to be honest about it instead of doing so fr though the back door?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by thehod View Post
    No, I totally get the point of it.

Its just a century out of date.
    No more than any other part of the bill of rights.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    5 rounds, capacity, and no detachable magazines that makes even Civil war and western revolvers history and almost every hand gun produced since the 1870s illegal. You want to ban guns why not at least try to be honest about it instead of doing so fr though the back door?
    It's always interesting to see how ignorant people are of guns.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDog1981 View Post
    It's always interesting to see how ignorant people are of guns.
    The is a inverse relationship w between the intensity of their desire to control firearms and their ignorance of the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    The is a inverse relationship w between the intensity of their desire to control firearms and their ignorance of the subject.
    indeed

I think the only way lasting change happens is if someone from the pro gun crowd steps up and says things have to change...those people aren't going to listen to a Mike Bloomberg or even the President (he's a darkie and you can't trust them)

indeed

I think the only way lasting change happens is if someone from the pro gun crowd steps up and says things have to change...those people aren't going to listen to a Mike Bloomberg or even the President (he's a darkie and you can't trust them)
    As I said earlier, I think more education is the answer. But accidental deaths from guns is very small which says gun owners are mostly responsible. But gun owners aren't going to listen to someone who doesn't even know what a semi automatic is or calls a fairly standard caliber rifle an assault weapon.