View Poll Results: Should the right to bear arms be abolished

Voters
348. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • Yes

77 22.13%
  • No

134 38.51%
  • No but Stricter laws are needed

94 27.01%
  • maybe

2 0.57%
  • Some weapon types should be banned

16 4.60%
  • Certain Weapons and attachments should be banned

25 7.18%
Page 22 of 651 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122522 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    this sums it up nicely
    Okay, thanks. Did he elaborate, i.e. what did he suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    So, basically Verslibre your point of view is "let's not do nothing and hope against all logic and odd that the problem magically disappear all by itself ?"

Now that's the American way.
    If that's what you want to believe, it's your right. If you want to think Mrs. Lanza had nothing at all to do with the events of last Friday, ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Soapdish View Post
    So don't complain when others are just as willing to go in circles or pretend that you aren't doing the same thing.
    If I must reiterate myself to multiple persons who keep throwing the same bandwagon rhetoric at me, I'll say whatever I want. Btw, this is the ONLY forum of which I'm a member in which 99.9997% of its users appear to be vehemently opposed to certain ideas. If one thinks the aboliltion of guns in general are imminent, he or she is the ignoramus. Not this guy. Even on the radio people are suggesting maybe arming the principal of the school isn't such a fukn bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    Okay, thanks. Did he elaborate, i.e. what did he suggest?
    I didn't catch all of it as I had to leave for work, its posted on MSNBCs wesbiste and also on Gawker

the tone seemed to be that to get long lasting change in this issue, politicians need to not be afraid of the gun lobby and that this is worth putting your office on the line for
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Deviates View Post
    True, no one is truly neutral but I would say I have a slightly more neutral perspective than those blindly supporting the second Amendment. My family are fairly big on weapons, we used to use shotguns (claypigeon), rifles and handguns. We've more recently moved over to air rifles but none of us (other than my brother maybe) operate the weapons under anything other than the strictest safety guidelines that we impose on ourselves as we respect the dangers associated with owning weapons.
    Your lack of neutrality is shown by the blindly following the 2nd, I follow it with my eyes wide open.

Also you might want to read a little bit about how Americans tend to feel about the Bill of Rights, Alexis de Tocqueville is a good place to start. Most folks outside the US don't even begin to grasp how Americans look at it since there is no equivalent outside of religious gospel . That is not a great analogy but it is the best I can do
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

If I must reiterate myself to multiple persons who keep throwing the same bandwagon rhetoric at me, I'll say whatever I want. Btw, this is the ONLY forum of which I'm a member in which 99.9997% of its users appear to be vehemently opposed to certain ideas. If one thinks the aboliltion of guns in general are imminent, he or she is the ignoramus. Not this guy. Even on the radio people are suggesting maybe arming the principal of the school isn't such a fukn bad idea.
    They're not gonna ban guns or even restrict them. There's too much money opposed to it. They don't give a crap that a bunch of little kids got killed. What they care about, and what matters most in the world is money.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Yet you continually refuse to acknowledge that no one here is saying that at all. So go ahead keep aimlessly flapping your gums and burying your head in the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Your lack of neutrality is shown by the blindly following the 2nd, I follow it with my eyes wide open.

Also you might want to read a little bit about how Americans tend to feel about the Bill of Rights, Alexis de Tocqueville is a good place to start. Most folks outside the US don't even begin to grasp how Americans look at it since there is no equivalent outside of religious gospel . That is not a great analogy but it is the best I can do
    its a part of our identity...we are taught in schools that things change but the Bill Of Rights is sacresanct, it does not budge, it does not bend

Even on the radio people are suggesting maybe arming the principal of the school isn't such a fukn bad idea.
    Lol, what kind of radio are you listening to ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    They're not gonna ban guns or even restrict them. There's too much money opposed to it. They don't give a crap that a bunch of little kids got killed. What they care about, and what matters most in the world is money.
    and staying in office, well for politicians that is

Why is it that whenever there is a shooting in the US they use a Cold War metaphor to try and justify arming even more people? Guns shouldn't be in schools, period. In an ideal world guns should be far more restricted in the US than they are, in reality any change to gun laws is going to be met with great opposition (remember the 1990 (?I think?) law that tried to ban guns near schools?) and any attempt to abolish the Second Amendment will be laughed out of Congress, rightly or wrongly.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

I didn't catch all of it as I had to leave for work, its posted on MSNBCs wesbiste and also on Gawker

the tone seemed to be that to get long lasting change in this issue, politicians need to not be afraid of the gun lobby and that this is worth putting your office on the line for
    Okay, cool. I'll look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    Same goes for tobacco, alcohol and any large-scale interest. Money is the god of this world.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Also you might want to read a little bit about how Americans tend to feel about the Bill of Rights, Alexis de Tocqueville is a good place to start.
    I would imagine most Americans haven't even heard of de Tocqueville, much less know what he said about the Bill of Rights.

But, y'know, the Constitution has been changed before. Old parts have been reworked when they were found unworkable. The sky would not split, the heavens would not rain with blood, and liberty would not be raped by communists if the Second Amendment were to be revised.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

and staying in office, well for politicians that is
    Which also goes back to money. We are a nation of pimps and whores without the orgasm part.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    Lol, what kind of radio are you listening to ?
    Talk radio. Morning drive. KFI. KABC. Local radio. Why don't you poke around various news sites and see what's being talked about instead of giggling behind your PC?