Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Attn GEN X fans

I find it disappointing that Synch does not have his rainbow aura going on in that cover. They're taking away his most iconic feature there.
    Comic fan and hopeful author.

BANNED

i liked synch's rainbow powers too, thennary.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    I find it disappointing that Synch does not have his rainbow aura going on in that cover. They're taking away his most iconic feature there.
    I thought that was his skin color? Many posters seem to think it's the most important part about him.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheComeback View Post
    If they bring back Gen-X, they should bring back the other related characters like Mondo, Cordelia Frost, Vincente, and Gaea...
    Agreed!

"Vincente, please!"

I often wondered if Vincente was supposed to be the son of Vapor and Vector.

Made-for-TV movies in the 90's, Did you expect it to be an epic film? lol

Quote Originally Posted by AdamYJ View Post
    Anyway, I'd love to see Generation X come back in some form. However, I'd settle for Jubilee not being a vampire anymore. (Might as well not ask for the moon right away).
    Me too. As for Jubilee, not only did they make her into a stupid vampire, they also put her back in that awful 90's costume and forgot completely about her time spent as Wondra.

Quote Originally Posted by Swashbuckler View Post
    I do wish Skin would return. Synch was garbage.
    Synch was pretty much Hope. Just black. Male. And not related to the Summers-Grey clan.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Me too. As for Jubilee, not only did they make her into a stupid vampire, they also put her back in that awful 90's costume and forgot completely about her time spent as Wondra.
    Sorry, the Wondra costume was stupid. The name itself was embarrassing to utter. If you're gonna' call yourself Wondra, please be irradiated with gamma rays.

san francisco - the free range twink farm

I couldn't take any team seriously when you've got an anthropomorphic blanket on squad.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Well, a lot of people didn't seem to care for her time as Wondra. I, however, did. Well, I liked the potential of the concept. The whole idea of former mutants redefining themselves and deciding to take on life on their own terms, complete with choosing their own powers. It was a cool idea and something that would have worked great as part of Jubilee's character arc, considering how often life seemed to kick her around previously. The execution of the idea wasn't so great, though. The vampire thing is power gained through being victimized, which is not only messed up but shows Jubilee being knocked around by life (or unlife) once again. It's also kind of an old, tired concept. I've noticed lately that I'll usually take good idea/bad execution over tired idea/decent execution. Good idea/good execution seems a little hard to find.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

Quote Originally Posted by ReturnOfTheComeback View Post
    If they bring back Gen-X, they should bring back the other related characters like Mondo, Cordelia Frost, Vincente, and Gaea...
    Just Mondo, please. The others were inconsequential. Okay, you can have Cordelia Frost.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Me, too! :D But why's Banshee part of your "surviving crew"...? Unless you mean Celtic Death Goddess Siryn, who was never a part of Generation X, lol.
    slipped my mind. I guess I've been in denial this whole time...
    Comics were happier before the Internet turned writing superhero stories into fruitless attempts to impress/entertain a small group of ppl who appear to hate comics and their creators.
    Grant Morrison

Professional Hedonist cybrestrike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trajikflp View Post
    Synch was pretty much Hope. Just black. Male. And not related to the Summers-Grey clan.
    Synch was better than Hope. There. I said it. (Although Hope earned mucho cool points for beating up the Scarlet Witch and re-igniting the X-Gene)

He was one of the few African American Marvel super heroes I could directly relate to. He was just a well put together good kid who happened to have really cool powers.

Damn I miss Generation X. They got screwed.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magma Magik Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Husk Chamber Skin

Quote Originally Posted by cybrestrike View Post
    Synch was better than Hope. There. I said it. (Although Hope earned mucho cool points for beating up the Scarlet Witch and re-igniting the X-Gene)

He was one of the few African American Marvel super heroes I could directly relate to. He was just a well put together good kid who happened to have really cool powers.

Damn I miss Generation X. They got screwed.
    I never quite got Synch. He seemed kind of dull to me. Other than being a kid who wanted to make a difference and being completely oblivious to how much Jubilee liked him, there wasn't much to him. I could never really get into his head. It might have been because his personality was meant to mirror his power. The unflappable "portrait of synchronicity". I mean, I get that people liked that there was a middle class, Black teen superhero. However, I actually thought Joto from the '96 Teen Titans and Prodigy from Academy X both did it in a way where it was easier to get to know the character.
    Story By Story- Story Circle of the Capital Region.

My own Youtube account, stories and public library use tips.

I always though Synch should have synched with Madrox. Then all of the "Multiple-Synchs" could synch with the other X-Men.

I never got Mondo. What were his powers exactly? And the original was a clone?? I forget.

Still don't understand M, Monet, twins, Hollow ordeal.