Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by zinx View Post
    than whats was its about?
    The main focus for the heroes is Loki and the Tesseract, it isn't his lackeys. Loki seems to have turned quite a few people, we don't find out what happened to all of them...guess there wasn't any resolution to The Avengers. Loki was working for Thanos, he's still out there at the end of the movie too. Here's the thing about them, they aren't the focus, they can still be out there and you can still have resolution because they've stopped Loki's attack on New York, closed the portal, and have both Loki & the Tesseract. Not beating every last one of the Chitauri wouldn't have stopped there from being any kind of resolution.

sources?all i heard is Avengers 2 only been green-lighted a while after its BO tally counted&Whedon reaccepting his directional role(remember the who gonna direct Avengers 2 thread?),all before that are nothing more than rumor aka no official confirmation.
    It's a Marvel movie, you think after all the buildup to The Avengers they were just going to stop there?

really,and do you know how many/what the numbers of chitauri that Invading NY?
    do you see all their bodies buried/burned/taken somewhere at the end of the movie?
    This is a stupid question, but ok, we see lots of the Chitauri fall over dead for no reason...maybe some could have lived for no reason when the rest died for no reason.

seriously?anyone i ask pretty sure he is as good as dead
    ,if not then theres supposed to be no fan uproar/cheers when they announce Coulson Lives thing on NYCC.
    even then they didn't explain yet how he gonna appear in the show,some says its flashback,some says life model decoy,etc
    He could be dead, but we never saw him die, we saw him get stabbed and then we were told by Nick Fury he was dead. Nick Fury also told them he had his Captain America trading cards on him when he died, but that was revealed to be a lie, so it isn't all that hard to believe Fury also lied about Coulson being dead...if they want to play it like that, it was written in a way that they could just do whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Simbob4000 View Post
    He could be dead, but we never saw him die, we saw him get stabbed and then we were told by Nick Fury he was dead. Nick Fury also told them he had his Captain America trading cards on him when he died, but that was revealed to be a lie, so it isn't all that hard to believe Fury also lied about Coulson being dead...if they want to play it like that, it was written in a way that they could just do whatever.
    Pretty much this. If they want to bring back Coulson, all they have to do is say "Fury lied".
    Eh, Comics is a pretty cool guy...

Coulson is confirmed to be alive, he's going to be one of the leads in the SHIELD series. So it's easy enough to just say Fury lied to motivate the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Free-Man View Post
    Coulson is confirmed to be alive, he's going to be one of the leads in the SHIELD series. So it's easy enough to just say Fury lied to motivate the Avengers.
    His being part of the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series doesn't equate to his being alive. That makes the assumption that the series is in sync with the timeline of the movies. Not necessarily true. If the series is somewhat a prequel to the movie universe, that is one potential explanation for Coulson's appearance.

If it is in continuity with the movies timelines, then all that would be required (and perhaps done in a nod to Star Trek) is a line when Coulson shows up and someone looks at Fury and say "You lied" and Fury lifts one eyebrow and says "I exaggerated".

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    His being part of the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series doesn't equate to his being alive. That makes the assumption that the series is in sync with the timeline of the movies. Not necessarily true. If the series is somewhat a prequel to the movie universe, that is one potential explanation for Coulson's appearance.

If it is in continuity with the movies timelines, then all that would be required (and perhaps done in a nod to Star Trek) is a line when Coulson shows up and someone looks at Fury and say "You lied" and Fury lifts one eyebrow and says "I exaggerated".
    And Coulson would follow up with "your exaggeration cost me my vintage Captain America cards"

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinx View Post
    seriously?anyone i ask pretty sure he is as good as dead
    Have you asked anyone who's ever read a comic book in their life? Or watched an episode of a science fiction show in their life?
    Ask them.

It's painfully obvious (I laughed in the theatre) he's alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Treqqor View Post
    Have you asked anyone who's ever read a comic book in their life? Or watched an episode of a science fiction show in their life?
    Ask them.

It's painfully obvious (I laughed in the theatre) he's alive.

Alive, or will be soon enough. The Son of Coul's return is the kinda "F-Yeah!" moment a movie like Avengers is built for.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Clark View Post
    For everyone freaking out over the chitauri just dropping when the portal closes, I think it must be this. They are a part of a hive mind. They don't have their own wills, the are a warrior race linked to a central control point, allowing them to be effective and efficient warriors. But as soon as the portal closes and they no longer have any access to the control mind, the remote chitauri just stop working. They are basically organic machines. Without a control point, they are just empty husks.

THAT is why closing the portal disabled them. Chances are if the bodies are just stored and not destroyed, if another portal ever gets opened those bodies would come back to life. But since it requires the Tesseract (the Cosmic Cube) to open the portal... that ain't likely to happen.
    Did you get that from the DVD commentary? Because that's pretty much what Joss says. The prob is it's the only way to explain why they all drop like dominoes, and Joss admits he did that to wrap it up. The "Queen and her drones" angle just seems...cheap. The Chitauri don't exactly act like Borg in the movie: Joss goes out of his way to show one having a fit after Iron Man and Hulk trash one of the big snakes.

Why did the extinction of the Chitauri army have to happen? Probably to make it clear there was smooth sailing for the team to have a shawarma moment and feel all team-powery. This could easily have been explained by the Helicarrier finally showing up (seriously, where the Hell was it all movie?) and fighter jets clearing out the remaining alien combatants. Hell, even if we were left feeling there may have been some stray Chitauri living in the sewers and building another portal out of Pabst Blue Ribbon cans, who cares? Having them all die as if a light switch turned off was stupid. We dont care, we love the movie, but its stupid. You heard us: were nerdy fanboys and we openly disagree with Joss Whedon's choice here. There! We can be the jerks that disprove the rule. Were not sheep. Up yours, media.
    http://www.craveonline.com/film/arti...h-the-avengers

People seriously couldn't understand where the Helicarrier was during the final battle? It nearly crashed and could barely fly, it wasn't going anywhere.

Immortal. So far so good! Treqqor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by verslibre View Post
    The "Queen and her drones" angle just seems...cheap. The Chitauri don't exactly act like Borg in the movie: Joss goes out of his way to show one having a fit after Iron Man and Hulk trash one of the big snakes.
    Who says they have to act like Borg?
    It could just as easily be some sort of alien shared power source.

Elder Member

Or it's able to do the same thing Loki's stick does and the blast gets to the cube and is able to close the portal..
    Except they made it pretty lear in the movie that wasn't the case. The point was specifically made that the energy field was impervious to attack and that Loki's staff was the only thing that could get through.

Elder Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    Dude, forget about the army for one second. Loki teleported into SHIELD and grabbed the cube so he could have teleport out WITH the cube back to alien base. THEN from there from a safe position he could teleport the army in using the cube.
    Dude, you can repeat it as many times as you want, it still doesn't work any better than the actual scenario in the film.

He was in enemy territory grabbing stuff around the world to build a device, he might as well have twitter his whole plan.
    Even as a joke that makes zero sense. It was made clear in the film that the Avengers and SHIELD didn't have a clue what Loki's plan was, other than that he was going to use the Cube to do bad stuff. What bad stuff? Who knew?

Ok so he was really tired.....so how about just doing it later when he is better? Since he bragged to Thor about the fact that he knows how to travel around?
    And in the meantime do what? Just sit around drinking Red Bull?

So keeping the Cube hidden on Earth while he gathers the pieces to built the portal generator is a bad plan? But keeping the Cube on Earth while he sits around doing nothing, waiting to gather his strength so he can take it off Earth, then waiting around some more so he can gather his strength to return to Earth to gather the pieces of the portal generator, then waiting around to gather his strength some more so he can teleport back off Earth to retrieve the Cube, then sitting around gathering his strength some more so he can bring the Cube back to Earth and open the portal . . . is a good plan?
    Last edited by kalorama; 12-19-2012 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothDZX View Post
    People seriously couldn't understand where the Helicarrier was during the final battle? It nearly crashed and could barely fly, it wasn't going anywhere.
    Did it nearly crash, I forget if that's something that was shown...I don't think it was, but maybe I'm just forgetting? Sure it had like one of it's turbofans or whatever you would call it almost blown out, but I don't remember seeing it going down. How does something barely fly that is flying? I get it as an expression, but the Helicarrier was flying, it doesn't make any sense that it couldn't move if it's staying in the air. I just figured they didn't move in because they wanted to stay out of it, although it was pretty stupid we didn't see S.H.I.E.L.D. guys helping on the ground (and in the air) in the battle...you know, other than Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Who says the Helicarrier is even all that impressive in a figh at the best of times?

If the Carrier was such hot stuff Fury would not need to botehr with Tesseract weapons and the Avengers Initiative.
    'The marquis. Well, you know, to be honest, he seems a little bit dodgy to me.'
    'Mm,' she agreed. 'He's a little bit dodgy in the same way that rats are a little bit covered in fur."

It's a Marvel movie, you think after all the buildup to The Avengers they were just going to stop there?
    and thats was it,buildup to the Avengers,not Avengers 2
    ,next wave will begin with IM3

you dont suggest,if Avengers flop,they gonna continue it?
    thats like saying theres gonna be John Carter 2,Eragon 2,Golden Compass 2,etc