Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Doctor Doom and Reed Richards vs Cole Turner and The Mandarin

Um... no creative commentary for this one.

Who would win if they were dropped into Khazan and Reed/Doom decided to team up?

Who would win if Reed and Doom are allowed to prepare?

Who would win if we switched Reed with Doctor Strange and the Mandarin with Superboy Prime, but with speed equalized?
    Last edited by Kamina; 12-15-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Without prep Reed is useless in the fight against Cole. It's going to be very hard to permanently kill him. I wouldn't be surprised if Doom had something that could do it, but I can't think of anything. Cole would also be hard pressed to harm Doom.

As for switching Doom and Reed out for Prime..well, Prime would easily slaughter Mandarin. Again the problem comes with permanently putting down Cole and the fact that Prime has a large resistance to magic. I guess technically Cole could just wait for Prime to die of old age(assuming he can), but that isn't much of a win.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-15-2012 at 08:54 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Prep obviously goes to Reed and Doom via either depowerment or finding a way to seal Cole, but I guess that goes without saying.
    Suffering is a fact of life. You survive if you find a reason to endure it.

There's a voice, that keeps on calling me....

The prep-match could be re-worded as "How long does it take Reed and Doom to win in a prep-match against .... Doesn't really matter - it's Reed and Doom."
    Yes, I know the voices aren't real. But they do have some VERY good ideas....

Not...really. There are various people that could match them if that also had prep and various people who could beat them regardless of the prep. How long they have to prepared is also a factor.

I know.... ;)

I'm not granting them Living Tribunal-defeating prep-skills here. But for the purposes of most Rumbles matches, "Dude, you gave Reed and Doom prep-time together?! Ouch. ROFL-stomp." is a pretty common response.

It would be scary if Doom managed to jack Coles powers. Granted his previously stolen powers like Surfers might be stronger then Cole's, but if nothing else the indestructibility would be handy. Plus the reality warping. For instance, what if he warped reality so that Reed dies in childbirth?

Of course IIRC Reed is part of the reason Doom became Doom so he might not want to change it. Then again avatars are supposed to exist outside of time and space and thus be immune to any changes(though if this were true Cole would never of "died" in the first place, yes he was broken to the point they had to change rules established in the very same episode just to defeat him).
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-15-2012 at 12:37 PM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    It would be scary if Doom managed to jack Coles powers. Granted his previously stolen powers like Surfers might be stronger then Cole's, but if nothing else the indestructibility would be handy. Plus the reality warping. For instance, what if he warped reality so that Reed dies in childbirth?
    He could, but he likely wouldn't. Besides, he's already indestructible, he's in comics.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

what's Cole from?

Charmed, starting in the third season.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

Of course IIRC Reed is part of the reason Doom became Doom so he might not want to change it. Then again avatars are supposed to exist outside of time and space and thus be immune to any changes(though if this were true Cole would never of "died" in the first place, yes he was broken to the point they had to change rules established in the very same episode just to defeat him).
    Actually, he couldn't do that to Reed. Reed specifically signed and encrypted the FF's timestreams, so that nobody can go back and mess with the FF, and Reed also gets an alert if anyone tries. Handy trick when one of your enemies is Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Actually, he couldn't do that to Reed. Reed specifically signed and encrypted the FF's timestreams, so that nobody can go back and mess with the FF, and Reed also gets an alert if anyone tries. Handy trick when one of your enemies is Doom.
    He did it for himself, but what about his father or his fathers father?
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-16-2012 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    None of Reed's science makes sense.

But some of it makes less than no sense. It actively distorts sense round it, like some sort of logic black hole.

DOOM DEMANDS MORE NACHOS!

He did it for himself, but what about his father or his fathers father?
    The way it was described when he did it was that any attempt to use time shennanigans agaisnt Reed & Co. fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    None of Reed's science makes sense.

But some of it makes less than no sense. It actively distorts sense round it, like some sort of logic black hole.
    Well someone's asking for their timeline to be shattered into a thousand pieces.