Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

I just saw an announcement at the BCC website that they are no longer doing Ant although Ant will appear in some of their other titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakelin View Post
    I just saw an announcement at the BCC website that they are no longer doing Ant although Ant will appear in some of their other titles.
    Thanks just seen that. What a shame, I wonder what the inside story on that is. Must track down issue one of Omega One.

I don't follow Ant but I really likeI their Dragon Cross comic. The real shame is that it sounds like they only had two more issues to put out to complete the current series so the people who are reading it aren't going to get a finish to the story. I always try to look to support independents and it is stuff like this that always makes it so chancy. It sucks to get wrapped up in a series and have it come to an sudden end before the story is wrapped up.

I can only hope the series gets a proper ending with a different publisher at the very least.

I don't know why but a lot of shops don't even seem to list BCC stuff.

I guess I'm lucky that BCC is local to me.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the long delay of getting on here and letting you all know the deal. There
    had to be some loose ends tied up and I didn't really feel comfortable until things were all tied up. Well, you know that I decided to leave Big City. I will not be going back as far as I can tell. I can't get into why and what but, I'm sorry that the Ant Unleashed series wasn't finished. I made promises that I couldn't keep and I extended myself way to far. Something had to give.

To let you know, I'm hearing how people just assume that Ant is going to another publisher. I just want to let everyone know that I am in talks with publishers but, noting is set in stone as of yet. Honestly, guys-- these last few years of publishing with Indy publishers have been a huge pain in the ass. It has been one headache after another and I'm not in any rush to buy more aspirin bottles. Truthfully, I don't see how anybody do it and don't want to put a bullet in their head. But that's just me. So, I'm not in any hurry to do anything with Ant right now unfortunately. I even made a promise to not mess with any Indy publishers anymore---it's easier to find other things to do and less stressful. But, My Wife and Family and a lot of comic fans like you guys want to see Ant out and I'm sure it will work out. I swear, If I didn't have the
    support of you guys I would kill her and never look back..LOL!

On another note, I've got my hands full at Marvel right now and I've never been happier in my carrier. I do consider the Marvel stuff first priority for my finances and my carrier and that took charge over Ant and whatever else I was doing. I'm not exactly happy about that but-- I think if anybody else were in my shoes they would do the same thing.

So, I'll keep you guys posted as much as I can. I'm sorry if I didn't answer your
    questions but if you think about it--it's not hard to read between the lines.

Robo, John--and the rest of you thanks for hanging out here and keeping this
    post breathing. I really appreciate it. John, I got your Myspace messages and I will answer them today. I'm gonna be doing a Thing at Big Apple comics soon and I hope you come out.

-Mario Gully
    Last edited by Mario Gully; 06-06-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Gully View Post
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the long delay of getting on here and letting you all know the deal. There
    had to be some loose ends tied up and I didn't really feel comfortable until things were all tied up. Well, you know that I decided to leave Big City. I will not be going back as far as I can tell. I can't get into why and what but, I'm sorry that the Ant Unleashed series wasn't finished. I made promises that I couldn't keep and I extended myself way to far. Something had to give.

To let you know, I'm hearing how people just assume that Ant is going to another publisher. I just want to let everyone know that I am in talks with publishers but, noting is set in stone as of yet. Honestly, guys-- these last few years of publishing with Indy publishers have been a huge pain in the ass. It has been one headache after another and I'm not in any rush to buy more aspirin bottles. Truthfully, I don't see how anybody do it and don't want to put a bullet in their head. But that's just me. So, I'm not in any hurry to do anything with Ant right now unfortunately. I even made a promise to not mess with any Indy publishers anymore---it's easier to find other things to do and less stressful. But, My Wife and Family and a lot of comic fans like you guys want to see Ant out and I'm sure it will work out. I swear, If I didn't have the

On another note, I've got my hands full at Marvel right now and I've never been happier in my carrier. I do consider the Marvel stuff first priority for my finances and my carrier and that took charge over Ant and whatever else I was doing. I'm not exactly happy about that but-- I think if anybody else were in my shoes they would do the same thing.

So, I'll keep you guys posted as much as I can. I'm sorry if I didn't answer your

post breathing. I really appreciate it. John, I got your Myspace messages and I will answer them today. I'm gonna be doing a Thing at Big Apple comics soon and I hope you come out.

-Mario Gully
    Well it's good to hear what's happening as the BCC statement certainly didn't say a great deal.

Sorry to hear that Ant will not be appearing for a while, but glad to hear she may appear again one day.

Keep up the good work & I will keep any eye out for whatever you decide to do next.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Gully View Post
    Hey guys,

-Mario Gully
    Thanks for the update Mario. I figured as much, seeing as your Marvel career is starting to take off. As much as I love Ant and as much as I wanted to see the conclusion to Ant Unleashed, family and providing for your family comes first.

I don't hold it against you, I can understand where you're coming from...anyone with a family would do the same thing. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing you at Bad Apple soon. At least I can somewhat still get my Ant fix from Omega One while you put Ant on hiatus.

Wat is Mario up2 deez days?

When will we get 2 c ANT again & where?

Will Rundown, Caliente & Coldburn get solos(mini's or ongoings)?

Quote Originally Posted by JohngPR View Post
    Thanks for the update Mario. I figured as much, seeing as your Marvel career is starting to take off. As much as I love Ant and as much as I wanted to see the conclusion to Ant Unleashed, family and providing for your family comes first.

I don't hold it against you, I can understand where you're coming from...anyone with a family would do the same thing. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to seeing you at Bad Apple soon. At least I can somewhat still get my Ant fix from Omega One while you put Ant on hiatus.
    Hiatus...............its been 4 years already!

Maaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn really REAAAAALLY miss ANT!