Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

Well, nothing lasts forever. Comics from DC and Marvel have proven that time and time again. But, it might take a while for it to get changed back. Usually happens when creative teams start to get switched around.

Look at Kraven, he's been dead for how long before they decided to bring him back from the dead. I'm still waiting for Ben Reilly and Gwen to be still alive and Uncle Ben goes around town in his RV with them in hiding to stop evil aliens.... *waits for people to get the reference*

Uncle Ben was Ben 10 all grown up.
    "My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in." Bill Shankly

I really hope they will reboot! I mean look at DC... there's no way they could ever lose just the regular batman title or detective. same goes with spidey, especially not with an Amazing Spider-man movie coming out next year.

They won't reboot, but of course Peter will come back and of course they'll relaunch Amazing Spider-Man sooner or later. I'll give Superior a year, maybe 25 issues or something.

I think so.

The most obvious timing would be around the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

The 50th Anniversary of Amazing Spider-Man #1 seems to be in March, so that would be too early.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

Superior Spider-man does pave new roads for new stories to tell and it's going to be interesting seeing how it goes. I hope #700 is good though, can't wait for it! Superior Spider-man #1 1:100 Quesada variant is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think so.

The most obvious timing would be around the release of The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

The 50th Anniversary of Amazing Spider-Man #1 seems to be in March, so that would be too early.
    That is a shame that they'll miss the anniversary, but is agree it is too soon. Bigger deal is AF 15 anyway I suppose.

And I imagine we will get a volume 3 at some point with the numbering returning a eithe 750 or 800 if not sooner.

It all depends on how successful Slott is with the relaunch. I don't think he is the writer for it though and see this really blowing up inadvertently face. I'd love for it to be good though. Dick Grayson as Batman a few years ago was outstanding. DC seems to have more success replacing their heroes though.
    Founder and member of the Spidey 500 Club: Class of 2013.

Come join the club!

When DC kills off a major character or replaces them, it seems to have a massive company-wide reaction. Barry Allen dies during Crisis, Superman dies defeating the one creature that only he could, Batman 'dies' defeating Darkseid, etc. I can't think of a major Marvel character who's death actually had purpose. If Peter Parker ends up dying and being replaced by Otto or whoever without anyone even realizing it, it is the absolute lamest character death for a cultural icon that has ever happened in comics. Not to mention being potentially replaced by a murdering psychopath, and dying in a body riddled with cancer.

I look forward to a relaunch with the real Peter Parker back in costume and wise-cracking his way around the Marvel Universe. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Thursaiz View Post
    When DC kills off a major character or replaces them, it seems to have a massive company-wide reaction. Barry Allen dies during Crisis, Superman dies defeating the one creature that only he could, Batman 'dies' defeating Darkseid, etc. I can't think of a major Marvel character who's death actually had purpose. If Peter Parker ends up dying and being replaced by Otto or whoever without anyone even realizing it, it is the absolute lamest character death for a cultural icon that has ever happened in comics. Not to mention being potentially replaced by a murdering psychopath, and dying in a body riddled with cancer.

I look forward to a relaunch with the real Peter Parker back in costume and wise-cracking his way around the Marvel Universe. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Captain America's death elicited a company-wide reaction.

My thought is you're right, until it's revealed Ock is inside the body. Then it will be triple the drama and reaction from the universe because it's a huge scandal AND a death.
    I write comic book reviews every Wednesday using pages from each book. Check it: Is It Good?: All the Best Books of the Day Reviewed!

The aftermath did, but the death was contained to a single issue, with virtually no build up or climax. It would have meant more if it had been in heroic fashion during the last issue of 'Civil War', instead of being shot by his mind-controlled girlfriend while in handcuffs. I realize the underlying principle of that character's death as a cultural statement, but it was a lame way to die.

No!

Of course ASM will return one day, the question is when.

The release of the next film in 16 months is the most obvious date, but Slott and Marvel seem pretty serious about this really being the final issue of ASM (which is obviously not true) so if Superior sells similar numbers to ASM I can see them sticking with it for a long time. Maybe until the final film of the current trilogy in 2016/17.

As for numbering... No chance they would start ASM off again at #701, they'd at least count Superior's issues and bring it back at #750 or whatever, but a new #1 is much more likely, which in time will count Superior's & Amazing's old issues to cash in on issue #800.

If they do that, then there is no way they can ever pull a 'final issue' again because everyone will know it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous View Post
    Of course ASM will return one day, the question is when.

The release of the next film in 16 months is the most obvious date, but Slott and Marvel seem pretty serious about this really being the final issue of ASM (which is obviously not true) so if Superior sells similar numbers to ASM I can see them sticking with it for a long time. Maybe until the final film of the current trilogy in 2016/17.

As for numbering... No chance they would start ASM off again at #701, they'd at least count Superior's issues and bring it back at #750 or whatever, but a new #1 is much more likely, which in time will count Superior's & Amazing's old issues to cash in on issue #800.

If they do that, then there is no way they can ever pull a 'final issue' again because everyone will know it's not.
    They could always relaunch as Peter Parker Spider-Man, continuing from the Superior Spider-Man numbering.

It could be relaunched as Amazing Spider-Man should A) Slott retire, or B) Slott come up with a new direction after the Post Superior Spider-Man direction.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

^I think Superior's final issue will see the end of Slott as Spider-scribe and I don't think they will relaunch ASM until it's a) PP back to normal in the red and blues and b) with a completely new creative team.

Slott has been building towards Superior for years, his version of Spider-Man, and once that story is told I don't think he'll have much else to say about the character.
    Last edited by Dangerous; 12-16-2012 at 10:40 AM.