Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    You mean he reverted to the giant spider from when the Queen kissed him way back?
    That would just be beyond craptacular...

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    That would just be beyond craptacular...
    This is funny because you've claimed in several other threads not to be someone who judges stories ahead of time, just he marketing.

As dismissive and negative a person as you are, all this shows me is that you love all of it.

SW

Don't take stuff out of context! I meant that if Peter now had to spend his time as a huge spider, that would indeed be crap. But sure, I love Marvel Comics and Spider-Man in particular. I also think you edit some great titles. Still negative and dismissive?

I for one am looking forward to this new Spider-man.
    Pull-list: Action Comics, Batman, Superior Spider-Man, Flash, Daredevil, Ms Marvel, Silver Surfer, Thor: God of Thunder

Dude, Wacker, seriously coming across like a bully here. I feel like we're all gonna give superior a shot but c'mon man, we love Pete! Is it so wrong for us to have hope of an eventual return? He's the epitome of the underdog, he doesn't always get the girl or the happy ending sure, that's part of what makes him a great character. We all rely on you and slott to give us great stories and keep us guessing. So yeah, we're in this as much as you are.

That is some great art. I haven't bought a Spider-man book in several years, but this storyline has turned that around. For all the complaining, I am certain that this series is going to sell better than ASM has for many years.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by jona View Post
    Dude, Wacker, seriously coming across like a bully here. I feel like we're all gonna give superior a shot but c'mon man, we love Pete! Is it so wrong for us to have hope of an eventual return? He's the epitome of the underdog, he doesn't always get the girl or the happy ending sure, that's part of what makes him a great character. We all rely on you and slott to give us great stories and keep us guessing. So yeah, we're in this as much as you are.
    Bully? I'm one of the few people standing behind what I say instead of hurling negativity anonymously.

Loving Peter Parker or caring about the comics isn't really the issue. That's all cool and I feel the same way.

It's the dismissiveness and making quotes up whole cloth that I find silly. It's the dramatic "things have never been worse" that I fond over the top. And I think it's okay to speak up about it. You are free to feel differently, but i don't have to live by your personal guidelines.

Hope you like the book.

SW

Veteran Member

Don't take stuff out of context! I meant that if Peter now had to spend his time as a huge spider, that would indeed be crap. But sure, I love Marvel Comics and Spider-Man in particular. I also think you edit some great titles. Still negative and dismissive?
    Yes, you are negative and dismissive. Up to a few days ago you were making up quotes from myself and Dan to try and work yourself and others in a frenzy. You were just caught doing it and rightfully embarrassed (well as much as a guy who doesn't stand behind what he says can be).

No story is "crap" just by definition and as someone in a creative field, i find that kind of talk reprehensible. But I may just respect creativity and creators more than you. People who aren't creative tend to think it's easier than it really is whereas I'm impressed with anyone who creates something for public consumption.

Luckily Marvel and our creators have never listened to people like yourselves who are driven by their fears more than by their courage.

SW

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Bully? I'm one of the few people standing behind what I say instead of hurling negativity anonymously.

Loving Peter Parker or caring about the comics isn't really the issue. That's all cool and I feel the same way.

It's the dismissiveness and making quotes up whole cloth that I find silly. It's the dramatic "things have never been worse" that I fond over the top. And I think it's okay to speak up about it. You are free to feel differently, but i don't have to live by your personal guidelines.

Hope you like the book.

SW
    It's absolutely okay to speak up about that, but to get personal and fling insults? Does that go under the "you need thicker skins" category? And of course things have been worse, but it's not like we have plenty of things to be cheerful either? At least not of we're to go with what you've told us. If we're meant to believe you Peter Parker will be gone and it will remain like that. And that's something we should...what? Cheer for?

Yes, you are negative and dismissive. Up to a few days ago you were making up quotes from myself and Dan to try and work yourself and others in a frenzy. You were just caught doing it and rightfully embarrassed (well as much as a guy who doesn't stand behind what he says can be).

No story is "crap" just by definition and as someone in a creative field, i find that kind of talk reprehensible. But I may just respect creativity and creators more than you. People who aren't creative tend to think it's easier than it really is whereas I'm impressed with anyone who creates something for public consumption.

Luckily Marvel and our creators have never listened to people like yourselves who are driven by their fears more than by their courage.

SW
    I've never made up qoutes and never called it a quote either. And I' ve been careful about being respectful and not crossing the line, going personal and insulting you or any other. But that's not an issue to you, is it? I'm not going to sinn to that level. I tried to apologize but if you do not trust that, there's not much I can do, is there? It was always about an honest reaction, feeling nervous about what you're doing to Spider-Man. Nothing More.

I mean, this was just cruel and frankly, you don't know me, whether I'm brave or creative or not. Not even what other comic books I enjoy and what I feel about change there and why. So leave those kind of attacks out or this. I still fail to see how you think you are entitled to.
    Last edited by Lars C; 12-16-2012 at 09:52 AM.

Veteran Member

I've never made up qoutes and never called it a quote either. And I' ve been careful about being respectful and not crossing the line, going personal and insulting you or any other. But that's not an issue to you, is it? I'm not going to sinn to that level. I tried to apologize but if you do not trust that, there's not much I can do, is there? It was always about an honest reaction, feeling nervous about what you're doing to Spider-Man. Nothing More.
    If you stopped there, then no big deal. Every comic we do should make people "nervous". We're playing with characters that mean a lot to people and out job is to make the stories exciting and keep people guessing. If you're nervous, we're doing or jobs correctly.

However, people like yourselves who dismiss things too easily as "crap" are part of a contingent of "I refuse to admit I'm entertained" people I find --at best-- boring.

My suggestion has always been that if you aren't enjoying a book, then you should drop it. You refuse to do that for some reason, so that's on you.

And you did make up quotes...though I can understand why you'd want to pretend that didn't happen.

SW

Veteran Member

It's absolutely okay to speak up about that, but to get personal and fling insults? Does that go under the "you need thicker skins" category? And of course things have been worse, but it's not like we have plenty of things to be cheerful either? At least not of we're to go with what you've told us. If we're meant to believe you Peter Parker will be gone and it will remain like that. And that's something we should...what? Cheer for?
    You hate insults now? What do you think calling a story you haven't read "crap" is?

SW

If you stopped there, then no big deal. Every comic we do should make people "nervous". We're playing with characters that mean a lot to people and out job is to make the stories exciting and keep people guessing. If you're nervous, we're doing or jobs correctly.

However, people like yourselves who dismiss things too easily as "crap" are part of a contingent of "I refuse to admit I'm entertained" people I find --at best-- boring.

My suggestion has always been that if you aren't enjoying a book, then you should drop it. You refuse to do that for some reason, so that's on you.

And you did make up quotes...though I can understand why you'd want to pretend that didn't happen.

SW
    I never made up qoutes. At best I was paraphrasing, but it was really naming an attitude. Like this; an "we know you complain but you will still buy it" attitude. It was my name for the attitude you have! I never ever said it was a direct quote. But it boils down to that if I still buy Spider-Man you can just call me what you want...? I thought it was good to give something a chance despite being sceptical?

And I think you're jumping to conclusions. I'm not a "I refuse to admit I'm entertained" person. There are currently about four or five comics that are just pure enjoyment for me, one of those is one you edit. They make me forget the stuff behind the scenes and just enjoy the comic. ASM doesn't quite reach that, though much has been good. And as I've said before, if ASM makes me want to read on and if I enjoy Superior Spider-Man? I'll gladly admit I'm entertained and that I was wrong! Gladly!
    Last edited by Lars C; 12-16-2012 at 10:59 AM.

You hate insults now? What do you think calling a story you haven't read "crap" is?

SW
    Is that the same thing? I think not. You're just jumping to conclusions. Okay, it was stupid to call an unreleased story crap (but would you really consider making Peter a big, brown eyed spider? Really?), but it's uncalled for that you multiple times go to a very personal level. I know I can say and write things before I think, but that really don't give you the right to hit below the belt!
    Last edited by Lars C; 12-16-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Is that the same thing? I think not. You're just jumping to conclusions. Okay, it was stupid to call an unreleased story crap (but would you really consider making Peter a big, brown eyed spider? Really?), but it's uncalled for that you multiple times go to a very personal level. I know I can say and write things before I think, but that really don't give you the right to hit below the belt!
    Didnt they make him man spider for a bit?