Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Yeah it was alright. At least H'El is a lot less generic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Auguste Dupin View Post
    The puppy eyes ALWAYS work. I will keep that in mind.
    (to think that I joked about H'el being "Supergirl's boyfriend).
    Interesting how H'El always seems more......nice when he appears in Supergirl than in Superman. It appears that he might not be lying so much as believing something that is not quite the truth (my money on the fact he's a clone). At least, if he lies, he is very good at it.
    Also.....did Supergirl just doom the people of Kandor, including her best friend?
    Nice. Not great, but nice.
    I would think the stasis is powered by the bottle device and not the kandorians power supply. Why would they stasis themselves and leave robots to kill anyone who woke up from it?

Re Member

That issue gets my nomination for worst issue of a Supergirl book since Joe Kelly's run back in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Iopy View Post
    That issue gets my nomination for worst issue of a Supergirl book since Joe Kelly's run back in 2007.
    Worse than the newkrypton issue where she fights abuncha new people and it ends with her posessed and we had to pick up 100 other super titles to know what happened? At the very least this series has recaps.

Re Member

Yes. A lot of that was pretty bad, but no single issue of the New Krypton mess had the concentrated stink of this one. At least that mess was semi-consistent internally, Supergirl wasn't jobbed out as a sucker, and none of the issues ended with the title character sucking face with the villain after spending the previous year of the comic unable to trust anyone much less a guy who looks like someone from the cover of a bad romance novel. Even Asrar's art looked rushed and sketchy, probably because he was inked by three different inkers. For a book that has been one of my favorites this was a real disappointment.

Aside from Asrar still drawing Clark gaunt and sickly for some weird reason, fun issue. What's so bad about Kara's characterization here? One, we don't know for absolute certain she is being jobbed. Its possible, however unlikely, that she isn't. But if she is, H'el's doing a good job with it. He does nothing in this issue that would seem to warrant her distrust. He's saying all the right things to her. She's not asking for explanations, no, but on the other hand she's a teenage girl wanting to go home. So she's just going on faith, I have no problem with her being portrayed like that. Its not like he's telling her one thing and doing a mustache twirling cackle at the same time that she conveniently ignores. On the surface he at least appears completely genuine. My guess is still that he is not genuine, but from what he's displayed so far I don't think its a knock on Kara in any way for her to see it that way.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-19-2012 at 05:11 PM.

I thought it was a great issue. Kara acts like a real person. This is probably the best balance of personality I've ever read for the character. The Hel on Earth crossover is really interesting and well done so far for me. Would i rather not be buying Superboy, sure but other than that....

'Seduction of the naive and somewhat-innocent'

[insert eye-roll here]

Prefer Ha's version of Kandor, along with the 'solo'-pods.

*shrug*

I suppose I could excuse it with her being 'desperate', and that she's been out of stasis for barely a couple of months (at most).

meh

Flipped through it in my lcs, and i have to say i'm not surprised by what happened at the end.

Man Asrar draws himself a really nice Superman in jeans &T and a really nice Superboy in armor. The Fortress also looks really good too....actually, I've yet to see anyone draw the ice fort badly in the new 52.......it's just always so pretty.

Enjoying the development going on with Supergirl and H'el and the story as a whole.

Good stuff.

I hope when the realization comes/if it comes that H'el is bad, they don't make Kara ridiculously stubborn and stupid to realize that he is the enemy. I'd hate for this to become about the men saving Kara from stupidity and gullibility. She'll do stupid things and endanger the entire world for "love". But hopefully, it doesn't turn out that way and I can rest happy.

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan

Gone

Quote Originally Posted by AlfredIslas View Post
    I hope when the realization comes/if it comes that H'el is bad, they don't make Kara ridiculously stubborn and stupid to realize that he is the enemy. I'd hate for this to become about the men saving Kara from stupidity and gullibility. She'll do stupid things and endanger the entire world for "love". But hopefully, it doesn't turn out that way and I can rest happy.
    Wouldn´t it be wicked if H' el turned out to be right all along, but his plans to restore Krypton were thwarted by the Superfamily?
    Kinda like a devious twist on Silk Spectre´s line in Watchmen:"- All we did was to fail to stop him from saving the world."

Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Haha! My reaction exactly
    Cerebral Assassin

LOL that's hilarious. That said I loved the issue. Man they went full on head asplode with that cliffhanger page hah!