Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default New Man of Steel photo

why so blue? lol

In before 8 pages of arguing

Hopefully the military will thank Supes for going light on them.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

Just a nice simple picture of Cavil as Supes. He is going to fit this role so very well.

It must be during a dramatic scene with the military trying to arrest him or they're joining him against Zod, who knows.

Well, the tank turret *seems* to be pointed in Cavill's general direction, but none of the soldiers have guns drawn or pointed at Superman. Or at least, not that I can tell.

I would like to assume this is Superman and the military joining forces to combat Zod, after settling, or at least tabling, their own differences. That would be a nice "Superman" moment, in my opinion.

The picture gives me the impression of the military following Superman's lead into battle with Zod. I agree with ascended - That would be a nice "Superman" moment.
    Please check out my new anime blog:

http://assessingtheanime.blogspot.com/

Given the trailer and second poster, them arresting Superman is much more likely.

I'm betting the military's attitude will be more in line with "we can handle these Kryptonians ourselves *cue one-sided battle* ...on second thoughts."
    Your name is Kal-El. You are the only survivor of the planet Krypton. Even though you've been raised as a human being, you are not one of them
    JOR-EL

The more I see from the forthcoming Man of Steel the more my hopes of a good picture begin to fade and that horrible promotional photograph does nothing to make me think otherwise.

What’s with the Yellow on the S going black in some pictures?
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan

Dead in a comic does not mean dead. No matter what THEY say.

Having the military/govt against Superman will ruin the movie.
    Namor is King! Killraven too. Mantis is the greatest!

Shatterstar is gay. Deadpool is Bi.

Quote Originally Posted by custodes View Post
    Having the military/govt against Superman will ruin the movie.
    I disagree. I think it could really help the movie because in the more modern Superman comics he did have to contend with the military. In both Superman Earth One and in Superman Origins, the military was paranoid about his presence. And I think if someone like him actually showed up in real life, they would be right to be concerned. The military is easily paranoid about power they don't understand or control. So I think this adds a great bit of realism to Superman that the last movie attempted to utilize, but ultimately failed at.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Im of two minds about the color filter they seem to be using.One on hand it seems to give Cavills suit afleschier esque quality on the other hand it makes everything look bleak and does no favours for cavills skin color.Overall Id like if they brightened it up-though I cld overlook it if they didnt

The pale washed out look of the film does nothing to actually improve it. If anything it just reinforces that this will be a dark grim take on the man of steel who struggles to fit into a world that is suspicious and paranoid. Its sad in many retrospects that WB seem to think they have to mirror the Dark Knight movies to Superman. But Superman isnt dark. He isnt grim. He's a larger than life superhero. And if this is the kind of direction they are moving in for their superhero division, I doubt Justice League will get off the ground let alone be a huge success because if Superman is to be the cornerstone they are building the JL around, then I think their plans for their superheroes on the big screen could be in trouble.