Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SayOcean View Post
    Yet another poster fooled by that cover.....I want Gen X back! Anyone notice the skeleton heads from chambers power.... or the lack of Husk
    Hey! They did forget Husk. She should have been there wearing her nerd glasses.

And who is that Iceman looking character in the bottom right?

Good Lord, that page of Andrade's art for Captain Marvel looks positively awful. It actually looks even worse than the other couple pages we saw in Wacker's interview. I don't even know what's going on with poor Carol's face, but she doesn't look human. Seriously, she legit looks like an elf or some sort of alien. And I've no idea what's going on with that cab driver's face - there's "style" and there's drawing a human face with one eye socket substantially lower than the other. The coloring is nice, but no amount of coloring can save that. Yikes.
    For the best in comic reviews visit:

WEEKLY COMIC BOOK REVIEW

That was Husk lol

Like most of you guys I was really excited upon seeing the Gen. X cover thinking they were returning in the pages of All New X-Men. But alas...
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

33408 is the other way ian33407's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .A² View Post
    Why cite Northstar's dull as rocks marriage to Kyle over the GLAAD award-winning relationship between Rictor and Shatterstar? Regardless, that Gen X cover is incredible. Hoping for Stroman X-Factor and Sienkiewicz New Mutants homages among several others as well.
    Oh yes please.

Dunno if I'd like a GX relaunch, I'm glad to see Chamber, M and Husk evolving as they do; even if I do miss Mondo, Penance, Skin and Synch, I miss them like I miss Caliban and Rusty Collins.

Wonder if we could have a GX FOREVER mini instead
    " Things are going to slide in all directions "
    Leonard Cohen - The Future

That all new variant is brilliant.
    But i'm very worried about the new captain marvel artist, it looks awful.
    “The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.”

What is the point of the GenX variant cover on a book focused on the O5?

/sadface indeed

Captain Marvel really needs a better stock of artist. Soy's fine, but I'd never have put him on a Captain Marvel book especially when Marvel's still trying to make Carol a big name for their line. I doubt anything short of Coipel would really help sales at this point. It's already treading Marvel's cut-off line, and of the pre-NOW solo launches is doing the worst. This isn't to say I dislike Andrade, but having read comics by him, I can understand how he's an acquired taste.

I think the problem is that they went with Soy in the first place. So now they have to continue forward with artists who have similar visual sensibilities.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Just walked into work... feeling depressed and worn down from my week of getting into a fight with a best friend... dating problems... etc.
    I opened up comicbookresources, saw the Generation X post, and instantly squeeled and became ecstatic. I literally jumped for joy. I punched the air and exclaimed, "Hahaha, yeah!" and repeated the process a few times. My all-time favorite comic book has returned!
    Then, as I read through the article, my heart sank. Now more let down than ever.

Thank you, comic book masterminds. ::cries::

Why?? Why would they troll us like this??!! I was like MY GOD IS THAT GEN X??!!! Jerks
    The world's Number 1 Ghost Rider Fan!!!!
    Reading
    Mighty Avengers. Uncanny Avengers* Thunderbolts* Justice League(Forever Evil)

I ony got trolled by Jubilee.I was like:"hell yeah Bendis is gonna use her!".
    I have no f**king clue what Generation X is...

Quote Originally Posted by J/O/J/O View Post
    I ony got trolled by Jubilee.I was like:"hell yeah Bendis is gonna use her!".
    I have no f**king clue what Generation X is...
    Although Jubilee is by far my favorite of the team... the rest of Generation X is also golden. It was a team of young mutants created after an arc in X-Men known as the Phalanx Covenant. That starred Banshee, White Queen, Jubilee, and Sabertooth in ther efforts to rescue young mutants and also fight off a techno-organic species known as the Phalanx... which had sort of taken over the other X-Men.
    After that arc, Banshee had noted that they needed a team/safe haven for the younger generation of mutants... to educate them and also help them harness their powers.
    Professor X appointed Banshee and then also White Queen to be co-headmasters... and Jubilee volunteered to 'demote' herself from full-fledged X-Man to Generation X teen student. The three of them were used by Marvel to attract new readers, as they already had big fanbases.

As for the other students:

Chamber- telepath with a biokinetic furnace of firey energy where his chest and lower jaw should be. He is British, and can still be found in X-Books.
    Synch- African American with the power to harness the abilities of other mutants in his vicinity... using a multi-colored aura as his signature. He died during a later arc in the book.
    Husk- Cannonball's sister aka Paige Guthrie. She still appears in X-Comics, although irregularly. She can shed her skin to reveal either a new skin or more durable form of herself underneath. I.e. rock, rubber, wood, etc.
    Monet St. Croix- Moraccan- she is still in X-Factor now... flight, invulnerability, high intellect, speed, strength, telepathy, etc. LOL.
    Skin- Hispanic American- grey colored skin and could stretch his skin... a little bit like Mr. Fantastic. He passed away in Uncanny X-Men #425 and was besties with Jubilee.
    Penance- Moraccan- can be seen seldomly in various titles. Red colored razor-sharp hair and skin. Mute. She has a confusing backstory of actually being twins related to Monet St. Croix. Look her up.
    Mondo- I know he was an islander, not sure what place... but he was short lived in the series. Could become as durable as any object he touched.

Well after looking at th Avenging Spiderman pics, I can figure out what will happen down the line. After Beast witnesses Superior Spiderman punching Wolverine he decides to go back in time to get young Peter Parker so he can stop present day Superior from starting the 12-12-12, Spider Island, Zombie, end of days apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Robot View Post
    Hey! They did forget Husk. She should have been there wearing her nerd glasses.

And who is that Iceman looking character in the bottom right?
    That is Husk, all rock like.

Another one fooled here, dammit.

Awesome Gen X cover! I can see some ebay bidding wars in my future.