Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    kingofsting, while I'm sure Slott and Wacker appreciate your comments, we're not allowing discussion of Amazing Spider-Man #700 spoilers or poster's impressions of it until Next week.
    Sorry about that! I hope my amended post fits into the board's guidelines. You may want to remove my post from a few other threads I replied to.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Yes you do, but your being purposefully dim at this point. We stand behind our product more than you stand behind nutty things you write on the internet. We sell books to comic stores, not individual readers.

Any comic you buy you risk not liking. Again, ask your store for your money back. Or just don't buy it.

SW
    What if you received it through Marvel's subscription service?

Know what Marvel should do? Try to avoid addressing these things, so that people such as myself, who had no clue about the leak, would even know about it. Why point out the fire if no one notices??

I also like at how this plays out,people are more accepting, yet when having a black spiderman comes up, people are up in arms. Just something worth mentioning in my opinion.
    Last edited by Ronin1108; 12-19-2012 at 09:16 AM.
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin1108 View Post
    Know what Marvel should do? Try to avoid addressing these things, so that people such as myself, who had no clue about the leak, would even know about it. Why point out the fire if no one notices??

I also like at how this plays out,people are more accepting, yet when having a black spiderman comes up, people are up in arms. Just something worth mentioning in my opinion.
    Pretty sure the outrage here is much worse than it was with Miles Morales. Don't remember death threats for Bendis.

And the leak would probably be all over the forums anyway as people rush to talk about/get banned for talking about the spoilers. Marvel couldn't have done much to stop you noticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick MB View Post
    Pretty sure the outrage here is much worse than it was with Miles Morales. Don't remember death threats for Bendis.

And the leak would probably be all over the forums anyway as people rush to talk about/get banned for talking about the spoilers. Marvel couldn't have done much to stop you noticing.
    Add in the fact that this is the only board I know of banning people for discussing it and it makes trying to keep it quiet impossible.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Nick MB View Post

Its actually nearly impossible to judge that, since Miles did not leak that far away from release. Though yeah the reaction is kind of suprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin1108 View Post

People seem to mistake the anger we, the fans, had towards Bendis as racism. It 's understandable to ponder that notion but it wasn't the reason. Personally? I was mad that this kid was coming out of nowhere and felt guilty for the death of a person he didn't know. More exposition in Peter's life would've made the change much more fluid and engaging in my opinion. What Slott's doing? Well, I can talk about theories later but I feel we'll have Peter back eventually. And since in the Ultimate boards I was constantly told (people even quoted Bendis) that Peter wasn't coming back, I felt terrible and helpless. Here? I know it's just a reinvigoration and I'll be fine. That is the difference. Not race but circumstance.
    "Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"With great power comes great responsibility."

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    People seem to mistake the anger we, the fans, had towards Bendis as racism. It 's understandable to ponder that notion but it wasn't the reason. Personally? I was mad that this kid was coming out of nowhere and felt guilty for the death of a person he didn't know. More exposition in Peter's life would've made the change much more fluid and engaging in my opinion. What Slott's doing? Well, I can talk about theories later but I feel we'll have Peter back eventually. And since in the Ultimate boards I was constantly told (people even quoted Bendis) that Peter wasn't coming back, I felt terrible and helpless. Here? I know it's just a reinvigoration and I'll be fine. That is the difference. Not race but circumstance.
    Race was definitely a part of it. It was not everyone's reason but it did exist.

On Vacation

Quote Originally Posted by Darman456 View Post
    Of course Peter will be back in the 616. Its not a matter of if but its a matter of when. If slott is really invested in this superior spiderman storyline you might have to wait years. At the least you will have to wait a full year and thats not promising anything. it could be 5 or 10 years. take a look at how long the "no more mutants" thing took to be retconned. 7 years.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Add in the fact that this is the only board I know of banning people for discussing it and it makes trying to keep it quiet impossible.
    Whos trying to keep it quiet. Its not as if Marvel asked us to do this.... I know some of you dont believe that. This is because we, as a board, hold ourselves to a standard. Has nothing to do with keeping it quiet. Has everything to do with allowing the most people to legally obtain the book as possible before spoiling it. Im fairly certain google could net you spoilers if you wanted them, that doesnt mean we are going to discuss them before the issue is out.

Put it this way, CBR hasnt done a review of the book yet.... even though its apparently fully pirated at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    Whos trying to keep it quiet. Its not as if Marvel asked us to do this.... I know some of you dont believe that. This is because we, as a board, hold ourselves to a standard. Has nothing to do with keeping it quiet. Has everything to do with allowing the most people to legally obtain the book as possible before spoiling it. Im fairly certain google could net you spoilers if you wanted them, that doesnt mean we are going to discuss them before the issue is out.

Put it this way, CBR hasnt done a review of the book yet.... even though its apparently fully pirated at the moment.
    I think the fact that this book is pirated and there is so much hoopla about it, goes to the testament of how powerful this book is. I haven't read the spoilers yet, so I'm going to continue holding out on it, until it comes out.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post

I think people figured Marvel didn't order this, which is part of the confusion.

Also They would have to actively pirate the book to do a review, (unless they reviewed it by the summaries) so that part is understandable. Unless they also have the book early, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Guess that's the perks of this being the only forum I frequent for comics ;) lol..
    http://reverbnation.com/roninakacmil

"put haters to the left i aint lettin 'em win,
    Cuz i got mind soul and power like infinity gems"

http://i53.tinypic.com/2dqpk7c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by charlesthehammer View Post
    I think people figured Marvel didn't order this, which is part of the confusion.

Also They would have to actively pirate the book to do a review, (unless they reviewed it by the summaries) so that part is understandable. Unless they also have the book early, I guess.
    The book has been shipped to retailers a week early so they have it ready to sell next Weds. (As there are no shipments then due to the holidays.) So people claiming to have read next week's Spidey books already could easily be store employees or anyone who is a customer or friend of a store employee. Or, yes, they could've pirated it online, but it's no longer necessarily certain.

Marvel must've known this could lead to massive leaks (although the whole issue being online by yesterday might've been a shock) and presumably either they're okay with it, or they won't be doing this again in the future.

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

I would imagine they arent comfortable with it.... For those of you who did get it today:

You still have to wait to discuss it, but consider yourselves lucky that you got a copy today in a legal manor but before the street date