Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    Heroic behavior also means sticking with honor and principles even when it is hard and in my opinion that is not what marvel has been writing since Dissasembled. Honor, morality, friendship, trust... all can be tossed away when the going gets tough.
    Either that or they're writing the stories more realistic. And I've noticed a lot of the stuff you criticize you don't even read or you take things out of context.
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Probably_not_a_Nurgling View Post
    From what I can gather, the biggest problem people seem to be having with it is SPOILER SPOILERing SPOILER, which I'll admit is pretty skeevy. But then again, that's likely the intent.
    I doubt that is gonna happen.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    I doubt that is gonna happen.
    I got an early copy, it's SPOILER

...yeah :/

Just Sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
    It is an end of an era I guess and that is what marvel writers love to do in my opinion. Write great big historic epic tales that will live on in comic book history long after they move onto other character and titles. The difference between this and a title like Tomb Of Dracula is that TOD was a great run but writers were I think more interested in telling great stories than great big historic epic tales that would live on in comic book history long after they moved on. I believe that marvel writers are more concerned with how a story will look in history than they are in telling a good story. They'll do both if they can but they'll choose the former before the later if they have to.
    How would you know if you don't read the books? What was the last issue of Amazing Spider-Man you read?
    Support titles that need supporting. Quit buying, reading and complaining about comics you don't enjoy.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hambone View Post
    I enjoyed the previous storyline, I might be surprised by this one, or I may hate it. If you actually stand by the quality of your product, I don't see why this would be a such a big deal to you, I'm only one customer.

People have meals they've eaten taken off their checks if they didn't enjoy them in a restaurant. The management and company want to make things right with the guest, I don't see why this should be any different.
    Yes you do, but your being purposefully dim at this point. We stand behind our product more than you stand behind nutty things you write on the internet. We sell books to comic stores, not individual readers.

Any comic you buy you risk not liking. Again, ask your store for your money back. Or just don't buy it.

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'm just wondering do you ever find that this book sells more simply due to the fact it says SPIDERMAN in the title, at this point the book could be horse manure and people will still buy it.
    Of course Spidey has a built in audience. Most popular things do. When we do something to Spidey people notice Remember how the Death of Ultimate Spider-MAn was the previous "end of all things good and holy and I'm quitting Marvel forever" on comic books message boards? And that was just ULTIMATE Spidey,

But it also means you have a lot of readers who care deeply and expect to be engaged and entertained. That's our job and it ain't easy. It does seem we tapped into something with this story though.

With so many options today for people's time and money, getting them wrapped up in your story in anyway you can is paramount. All these angry people are thinking about Spidey constantly right now and reading the book if only to drive themselves nuts. So the Dan, Humberto, Ryan and the whole team team is doing its job...and doing it well.

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterio's Helmet View Post
    I'd blame Mysterio. Quentin had this planned all along.
    That's a spoiler for the last issue of Superior Spidey 156 years from now.

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by spider-prime View Post

I can't wait for Dec 26th even more now, it's going to be twice more fun for me cause it's my Niece's birthday.
    Tell her happy birthday from the Spidey office.

SW

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

a reminder... no ASM #700 spoilers or discussion until next wednesday at 10AM EST

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    a reminder... no ASM #700 spoilers or discussion until next wednesday at 10AM EST
    Some shops are giving the issue out today so could you possibly make a spoiler thread?
    DC/Marvel reader. Mostly Superman,Batman,X-Men,Avengers fan...guess I am a fan of most comics.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Yes you do, but your being purposefully dim at this point. We stand behind our product more than you stand behind nutty things you write on the internet. We sell books to comic stores, not individual readers.

Any comic you buy you risk not liking. Again, ask your store for your money back. Or just don't buy it.

SW
    You make a good point. You sell to comic book stores, not to individuals. So if I want Cardiac to have a title, I need to start talking to comic book stores across the country about petitioning Marvel for it to happen.

I was so blind, I never knew this to be the case. All along I thought my campaign was making a dent. I must renew my efforts. Cardiac will be in a book in 2013.
    Check out the O.A.W. Report at www.majinoaw.blogspot.com. You want to see why I say the things I do or understand what's in my head... this is the place to go.

Spider-Prime's only fan. spider-prime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stephen wacker View Post
    Tell her happy birthday from the Spidey office.

SW
    Thanks, Steve!

I'm trying to get her and her younger brother hooked on comics and Spider-man. Plus, for them going into my entertainment room, which is loaded full of Spider-man stuff since the 1980s, it's like going into a Toys R Us that never sold any Spider-man toys.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Some shops are giving the issue out today so could you possibly make a spoiler thread?
    It's not the official release date, so I don't think that would set a good precedent. It essentially rewards readers who figured out a way to cheat the system.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

kingofsting, while I'm sure Slott and Wacker appreciate your comments, we're not allowing discussion of Amazing Spider-Man #700 spoilers or poster's impressions of it until Next week.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Formerly,
    Cyberman

Blog,
    What Would Spidey Do?

haven't read ASM regularly since OMD (still not happy with that outcome, but que sera, sera). I CANT WAIT to go to my LCS next week and happily hand over my money to have the privilege of owning a physical copy of this landmark issue. I want to shake dan slott, steve wacker and axel alonso's hands for the story that they have produced thus far. I have found slott to be very hit or miss during the big time era, and I did not really enjoy Ends of the Earth, but reading 698-699 inspired me to pick up the premiere hardcovers for Died in Your Arms, Big Time (which ive already got in tpb, along with Matters of Life and Death), and Danger zone, to go along with my Spider Island HC.

I think it's hilarious that fanboys are crappin their diapers over what's going on in the book, and what they think is going to go on in the Superior era based on a hazy mix of truth, rumors, conjecture, and fear. I say Make Mine Marvel, NOW! and Forever