Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Well, not really. We've all been told that our hero's journey WILL end in the next issue.

Sad Hawkguy in the snow CyberHubbs's Avatar

I'd still say it's far from over. This is simply that part of the movie where they play the ominous music to make you think all hope is lost.

It's like some of you have never watched a movie before.
    I know Kevin Nichols through a guy that knows a gal. Small world!

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Spider-man/DCU Moderator ShaggyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Juxtapozed View Post
    Well, not really. We've all been told that our hero's journey WILL end in the next issue.
    the question is do you believe it?

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaggyB View Post
    I believe that Dan Slott is very good at creating tension in a skeptical age...and that there will be lasting repurcussions, but not necessarily what we think by story's end. Superior Spider-Man might be the second act of a "Big Time" trilogy...or something along those lines.
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

I believe that Peter will be back in about a year, but that Marvel will milk Superior all they can.

The teaser for #700 simply says:

"It all ends."

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I believe that Dan Slott is very good at creating tension in a skeptical age...and that there will be lasting repurcussions, but not necessarily what we think by story's end. Superior Spider-Man might be the second act of a "Big Time" trilogy...or something along those lines.
    Yeah. I think the story is far from over, even with Superior Spider-Man #1.

If nihilism didn't take some delight in destruction one might suspect nihilists were an unnaturally morbid sort.
    -Theophilus

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    Yeah. I think the story is far from over, even with Superior Spider-Man #1.
    B..but...the teaser says it all ends!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CyberHubbs View Post
    It's like boycotting a movie in the middle of it 'cause it looks like the hero lost. First, you'll get yelled at and told to sit down 'cause you're blocking the screen.

Secondly, and more importantly, you'd (generic you) look like an idiot.
    I don't think that's a fair comparison. Why wouldn't it make sense to simply not give Marvel the reaction they want? It's psychology 101. When you stop reinforcing a certain behavior, that usually sends a clear message that you don't like it. But when you do give Marvel what they want (attention and sales), they'll only continue to do what they've been doing. And they won't admit it's wrong because why would they? It's giving them waht they want.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

X-men Supreme

Marked for Redemption David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by One More Day View Post
    B..but...the teaser says it all ends!!!!!!
    Oh, c'mon...that's just Marvel's way of wearing a faux military uniform to the bar and telling all the ladies, "I'm shipping out tomorrow, baby!"
    "I came to the conclusion that the optimist thought everything good except the pessimist, and the pessimist thought everything bad, except himself." -- G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Oh, c'mon...that's just Marvel's way of wearing a faux military uniform to the bar and telling all the ladies, "I'm shipping out tomorrow, baby!"
    Have you done that

I've done the whole "I'm shipping out tomorrow baby" line, but that's because I'm actually still serving... That was a very funny line from the op, made me laugh while I'm out here...

-- DV

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I don't think that's a fair comparison. Why wouldn't it make sense to simply not give Marvel the reaction they want? It's psychology 101. When you stop reinforcing a certain behavior, that usually sends a clear message that you don't like it. But when you do give Marvel what they want (attention and sales), they'll only continue to do what they've been doing. And they won't admit it's wrong because why would they? It's giving them waht they want.
    I think you can still be nervous and/or excited, which is what they'd want, without falling into the boycotting trap.

-Theophilus

Yeah, we've all fallen for it, Marvels hype trap. We've swallowed it hook, line and sinker!

Not me he will be back there is no way that peter will be gone forever give it time Slott will tell his Superior story anmd he will have a ending that results with peter reclaiming the sapider-man mantle.
    X-men,Wolverine,Spider-Man,Invaders,Nick Fury Sr,Black Widow,Cap BUcky