Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Daredevil is my favorite Marvel superhero. Because he spares lives but is willing to kill people if he has to. In the Punisher he had Daredevil tied up and put a gun in his hand. He was about to snipe some mobsters but said the only way to save these people is to kill me. Daredevil was very sad and pulled the trigger and no bullets came out of course. And Punisher knocked him out to prove a point.

So in regards to someone who obliterates babies. Miracleman. I would bet my left nut he would kill him if it means he would escape from the phantom zone or whatever later.

It may not be okay for Superman to eat Darkseid since he is not a cannibal. But then it might be revealed in the new 52 that Superman was infact a cannibal and he ate his parents and when Lois learned about this she decided to leave him. Then it will be okay for Superman to eat Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by tunneler View Post
    It may not be okay for Superman to eat Darkseid since he is not a cannibal. But then it might be revealed in the new 52 that Superman was infact a cannibal and he ate his parents and when Lois learned about this she decided to leave him. Then it will be okay for Superman to eat Darkseid.
    It wouldn't be cannibalism if Superman ate Darkseid. So he should just got ahead and eat him.

Well this thread escalated quickly.

BANNED

He's probably going to need a nice variety of herbs to get rid that stench off Darkseid to make him remotely a delicacy for cannibalistic meal. Though what would Doomsday be dessert or breakfast?

Everyone knows that Superman is an alien. Darkseid is also an alien. He is dictator and can shoot laser beams from his eyes which makes Darkseid very similar to the dictator Cyclops from Marvel Comics. Since Superman is also an alien, eating Darkseid would be cannibalism.

Since Starfire is an alien sex princess eating Starfire would also be cannibalism. But if it is revealed that Superman is a cannibal then it will be okay to eat them. Since Superman recently fought Starfire and the Outlaws it would be very interesting to see the reaction of Starfire when Superman chases her and tries to eat her.

Curious, who's more "unethical" Superman or Spider-Man?

Also, if Marvel was the bastion of ethics you claim it to be, why are any of the villains still alive & walking issue after issue, arc after arc? Seemingly, they are just as unethical as their DC counterparts.

You think just because The Punisher shoots up a bunch of two-bit hoodlums or gangsters he's somehow saved the world of abject terror? How about he tries something meaningful and removes the likes of Dr. Doom, Galactus, Magneto, Arnim Zola, Kingpin, Carnage, etc. from the ranks of the living . . .

Everyone knows that Superman is an alien. Darkseid is also an alien. He is dictator and can shoot laser beams from his eyes which makes Darkseid very similar to the dictator Cyclops from Marvel Comics. Since Superman is also an alien, eating Darkseid would be cannibalism.

Since Starfire is an alien sex princess eating Starfire would also be cannibalism. But if it is revealed that Superman is a cannibal then it will be okay to eat them. Since Superman recently fought Starfire and the Outlaws it would be very interesting to see the reaction of Starfire when Superman chases her and tries to eat her.
    No it doesn't. To be a cannibal you need to eat one of your own species. Unless Darkseid and Super-Man are the same alien specie it is not cannibalism. It would be like saying eating a monkey is cannibalism.

BANNED

I really don't want to reply to this inane post, but feel compelled to point out that "alien" is not a species. A Kryptonian attempting to eat a Tamaranean would not technically be cannibalism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BillyN831 View Post
    After Alan Moore wrote Marvelman there were spinoffs where he went completely demonic. He did something to a baby and the panel was graphic.
    I'm afraid you're misremembering. I have every issue of that series (the only spin-off as a reprint series of old material) and at no point does MM harm a baby. There was an issue which depicted the birth of a baby, but I don't find that offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by tony ingram View Post
    I really don't want to reply to this inane post, but feel compelled to point out that "alien" is not a species. A Kryptonian attempting to eat a Tamaranean would not technically be cannibalism.
    I'm pretty sure those are joke posts. At least, I'm laughing at them pretty hard.
    All-Star Western, Casanova, Criminal, Daredevil, Dark Horse Presents, Funnies, Hellboy/BPRD, King City, Orc Stain, Snarked, Unwritten, Usagi Yojimbo

Spider-man literally sold his soul and sold out his marriage and child to keep his ancient Aunt alive..I think that makes him damn near the most unethical character in comics period.

Super-Man has come along way from just being the boyscout and talking about whether he eats meat or not is a ridiculous arguement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    Curious, who's more "unethical" Superman or Spider-Man?

Also, if Marvel was the bastion of ethics you claim it to be, why are any of the villains still alive & walking issue after issue, arc after arc? Seemingly, they are just as unethical as their DC counterparts.

You think just because The Punisher shoots up a bunch of two-bit hoodlums or gangsters he's somehow saved the world of abject terror? How about he tries something meaningful and removes the likes of Dr. Doom, Galactus, Magneto, Arnim Zola, Kingpin, Carnage, etc. from the ranks of the living . . .
    Now that makes no sense. Every two-bit hood that the Punisher has killed has hurt somebody, and those victims deserve some kind of retribution. It's just as important to kill them as it would be to kill the bigger fish because there is more of the smaller fish.

But I would love to see a skit where the Red Skull shoots Lex Luthor in the brains and Capt. America utters in shock,"Look! The Red Skull just killed Lex Luthor!"

Then Superman looks on conflicted saying,"Uh, yeah...that's horrible. Indeed...that's bad, Bruce?".

Batman hesistates and replies,"Yeah, it's bad. Sure, that's awful". He continues taking snapshots of Luthor's corpse with his Batcamera.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylun123 View Post
    So, in the real world, when a cop doesn't kill on the spot a child molester or murderer they just arrested, does that make him "incredibly selfish" trying to keep his no-kill streak clean?
    Well, in the real world, if a cop strongly suspects (or even knows for sure) that a man is a murderer, and if he successfully arrests that murderer . . . he knows from experience that he can usually count on that murderer staying behind bars for many years to come.

In the MU and the DCU, if a superhero strongly suspects (or even knows for sure) that a costumed villain is a murderer, and if he successfully arrests that murderer . . . he knows from experience that he can usually count on that murderer somehow escaping from custody and going on another violent crime spree sometime in the next few months!

It makes a huge difference when you're gauging the "probable risk to the lives of ordinary members of society in the near future!"
    Last edited by Lorendiac; 12-18-2012 at 09:35 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lorendiac View Post
    Well, in the real world, if a cop strongly suspects (or even knows for sure) that a man is a murderer, and if he successfully arrests that murderer . . . he knows from experience that he can usually count on that murderer staying behind bars for many years to come.

In the MU and the DCU, if a superhero strongly suspects (or even knows for sure) that a costumed villain is a murderer, and if he successfully arrests that murderer . . . he knows from experience that he can usually count on that murderer somehow escaping from custody and going on another violent crime spree sometime in the next few months!

It makes a huge difference when you're gauging the "probable risk to the lives of ordinary members of society in the near future!"
    I wonder if it's ever occurred to the authorities on New Earth or Earth 616 not to give inmates their own front door keys...