Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default How long will Havok last as leader of the Uncanny Avengers?

Alex. I...I think you're supposed to be in the middle where Cap is.....

I doubt I'm alone in my skepticism of Havok as an effective team leader with Captain America on it.

He has a terrible track record as team leader on X-Factor, X-Men and the most recent incarnation of X-Factor. His most successful team was Mutant X and that universe got erased from existence....

Recently, we got a taste of Havok's leadership in Cable & X-Force #1 in where Havok has the audacity to tell Captain f**king America to "stand down".

After Cable escapes, Captain America mocks Havok's terrible decision.

Does anyone REALLY think Thor, Wonder Man, the Wasp or even Sunfire will follow Havok with Captain America on the team?

Is Havok really nothing more then a P.R. media showhorse meant to make mutants look "normal" and "all-American"?

BANNED

Havok, like his brother, is completely unable to function properly without a woman to hold his hand at every step. If Polaris is added to the roster, then he should enjoy a long successful tenure as team leader, otherwise he's practically finished already.

Captain America being on a team almost always creates this sort of issue. Steve be default is usually viewed as the leader in the room, so when he's not the current leader can at times sort of have diffuculty being under Steve's shadow. Several Avengers chair persons have had this problem over the years, Wasp in particular.

That said, this is probably the reason why Havok was placed in this position. Havok will likely have to struggle in this position, and that creates the potential for stories. Havok will need to grow into the role, and that gives the author more to work with.

Of course, it's also possible that down the line Steve won't be sticking around as he's a pretty busy guy. But we'll see.

Wasp ended up being a great leader of the Avengers. i'm not sure how long Havok will lead the Uncanny team, but if Wasp can do it so can Havok.

Havok, is a "lackey" he will lead them quite a while since he knows his real place is as a figurehead
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Havok, is a "lackey" he will lead them quite a while since he knows his real place is as a figurehead
    He certainly didn't come off as Steve's lackey in Cable and X-Force.

I'd say for a while at least.

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOff View Post
    Havok, like his brother, is completely unable to function properly without a woman to hold his hand at every step. If Polaris is added to the roster, then he should enjoy a long successful tenure as team leader, otherwise he's practically finished already.
    There's probably something to this. I blame a lack of Katherine Summers, she was clearly missed.

And Cap responded with a snide remark: "Stand down?" You could see the trollface dripping of his words.

Havok admitted it was the first of what looks like many bad decisions to be made.

I can't stop looking at Logan's goofy-ass belt buckle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets& Bracelets View Post

Alex. I...I think you're supposed to be in the middle where Cap is.....
    I have to admit I thought the same thing when I saw this picture. And in pratically all the other group shots, aside from Cap always being front and center, Alex is always behind (2nd plane) Logan. That shows that, in the eyes of editorial, Alex not only is second banana to Cap, he's not even first when it comes to who is the big dog mutantwise in the team. I find that truely pityfull, as I like Alex quite a lot. It'll probably be one of the main story beats of the book. I don't think he had poor showings as leader of X-Factor, X-Men or the Star Jammers. He was great. His problem is that he always doubts himself thinking that he'll never get out from under the shadow of his big brother, Cyclops. The problem is if he felt that way with Cyclops, numero uno leader of the mutant community, and probably second all around best leader of the MU, how will he feel around Captain America, number 1 leader of the MU? I just hope Remender doesn't use this as a shot to damage Alex's character while, once again going around showing how great and awsome Cap is (he may even be all that, but you really don't have to tell and show us all the time. Plus, there are other great characters that could use a little boosting up).

Peace

Edit: Plus Alex has to get rid of that ugly ass costume. No one in their right mind will take him seriously while he's wearing that.

The whole point of this team is to help mutant/human relations, so the leader has to be a Mutant.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Melendez View Post
    The whole point of this team is to help mutant/human relations, so the leader has to be a Mutant.
    If that was so, the leader would be a depowered mutant who knew both sides of the coin. And no mutant that remains depowered is of the required calibre.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    If that was so, the leader would be a depowered mutant who knew both sides of the coin. And no mutant that remains depowered is of the required calibre.
    Dani Moonstar says Hello and good bye because she is also set to appear in Fearless Defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets& Bracelets View Post
    After Cable escapes, Captain America mocks Havok's terrible decision.
    You have an odd definition of the term "mock."
    The Punisher: Iím going to cauterize your rectum, sealing it shut, so when you turn those delicious Pink Pantsô Fruit Pies into waste products the bilirubin in your feces will leach into your bloodstream and youíll die screaming! And Iíll watch while having sex with this grateful prostitute!

Trussed-Up Hooker: Blueberry are my favorite!

In other words, what StoneGold said.
    -Expletive Deleted

Check out my travel site, Geekations.com

BANNED

This insistent clamor over positioning on covers and the ramifications it has toward the team's internal hierarchy is just pathetic. Though I'm not quite sure if the fans or Marvel are the proper target of my disdain. In any event, the cover looks terrible.