Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by adam.walters View Post
    So it seems like Loeb did all this pushing to get his Nova into the Avengers and Hickman was like "haha, no."
    Glad to see someone said no to him for once.

I'll be getting this and GotG.

Do Bendis and Loeb plan to have the two cosmic books play off one another somewhat? I see Gamora and Rocket in the Nova preview art.

ive never read nova so if i sound a little stupid, pull me up please.....

does nova live in space?

this nova is a kid so id say he would have to go home to his family at least once a day right?

is that what they mean by earthbound ?

would you say hes like ultimate spiderman kind of superhero (meaning he will have a strong supporting cast) whos missions are in space instead of on earth?

TL the Hammer!!

I am not happy with the approach Marvel is taking with Nova. I am happier with Guardians, because no one is dead. I hate that they are saying "Richard is dead" even though we know there are all kinds of way he could have and would have survived. I do believe that most of us Nova fans are older and know a bit more about Nova than a lot of the editors.

That being said, again, I will give it a try. It appears they will go cosmic in some stories, and remain earth bound in some - which DnA could have done, and actually did do. I miss the "space" titles a lot.

DnA did a fantastic job making all of us excited with Nova and Guardians. They had the fantastical stuff down to a "t". Nova reminded me of the old Flash Gordons, Buck Rogers, Rocket Man, and other space tales we used to watch.

We do not have the space faring hero comics anymore. But Nino and Guardians will be the closest things to that (I think). his younger Nova seems like a Disney character to me, something to attract the younger reader.

I want my mature, seasoned veteran back. But the die is cast, for now. Richard will not be back, until Marvel is ready. Sadly, that'll probably be when I am in my fifties, retired (I have early retirement with my job), with limited funds, and unwilling to drive eighty miles to pick up comics.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by U-Foe View Post
    I'll be getting this and GotG.

Do Bendis and Loeb plan to have the two cosmic books play off one another somewhat? I see Gamora and Rocket in the Nova preview art.
    Yes. There will be bits of interconnectivity.

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by tigerkaya View Post
    Glad to see someone said no to him for once.
    Glad to see this drama you invented is entertaining to you. Now tell us about leprechauns.

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    I will be getting at least the first issue of Nova.
    A big fan of Loeb stories and McGuiness art here.
    From the marvel cosmic comic books,it is Guardians of Galaxy that i am looking more forward,but Nova looks cool as well.
    Thanks. Hope you like it.

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by jameszahra View Post
    on the ropes about this one, wish i knew more about cosmic history
    You won't need to know anything. The approach is very new reader friendly...though there will be bits and nods in there for longtime-readers as well.

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by shamus View Post
    You're right. Absolutely right. Which makes me think Marvel is not in the business of creating new characters so much as licensing the ones they already have.
    If you ignore the many new characters we create every month, this makes total sense!

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    The next person to make insensitive comments about Loeb's son will be banned, simple as that.

Also let's not turn this into the Stephen Wacker hour, discuss the comics.
    The Stephen Wacker Hour is my new show on Fox. Singing, dancing and weight guessing. Plus my weekly duet with Toni Tenille!

SW

Did I get it right? No new Nova-Corps, no Nova Corps at all....?

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    I'm on my knees begging to differ right now.

Not only was it completely logical for him to be cap, it highlighted his character in a way that couldn't be done as WS.

It was the best damn thing to happen to bucky.
    It could not last. You had to have Cap come back sooner or later.

So the payoff was Bucky got demoted. Bucky went from being Cap and psedo-leader of the Avengers back to anonamously sniping Hydra goons.

Now his book and everything he does in it looks like a retrograde move.

Apologies if it's been addressed elsewhere and I didn't notice, but is Nova a $2.99 book or a $3.99 book?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Apologies if it's been addressed elsewhere and I didn't notice, but is Nova a $2.99 book or a $3.99 book?
    It will be a $3.99 book.
    Pull List:New Avengers,Thor,Superior Spider-Man,Mighty Avengers,Swamp Thing,Daredevil,Uncanny Avengers,Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    It will be a $3.99 book.
    Thanks for the info!