Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

" He said part of what got the ball rolling on this book was that Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning decided to kill off the former Nova in their Cosmic run, necessitating a new young hero to pick up the helm."

annnnnnnnnd there you can see that marvel didnt even read TTI...

they didnt kill nova, they killed drax. they left nova, starlord and thanos with a cosmic cube so they can be brought back, and all of sudden starlord, thanos and drax (!?!?!) are back and nova is dead ?!?!?!?!?!?

as a huge nova fan, i definitely wont be picking this up, gotg maybe ( iron man in gotg is a letdown for me).

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by T.M. Anthony View Post
    Isn't the whole concept of the nova corps that multiple people take over the role?
    Yes.

The rest of this is just the knee-jerk, predictable complaining you hear from the same people anytime Marvel dares publish a comic book. A COMIC BOOK, I SAY!!!!

Jeph and Ed have a helluva adventure planned. It's everything you want in a super hero comic. Adventure, action, humor, drama.

These online kvetchers will ALWAYS be here desperate to kill anyone's enthusiasm, so don't let 'em worry you.

Start your engines...

SW

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Anonymous View Post
    What the actual hell? Why are Marvel making both there cosmic books earthbound?
    This is a good example of someone making things up to be mad at.

SW

I will be buying this for the McG art and the character Nova. Warren Ellis would kill this.

McGuinness' art was fantastic in the Point One; the panels shown here were amazing, but the writing did absolutely nothing for me, the Sam character was obnoxious and nothing in this piece gave me cause to reconsider.

I can see the title being popular with the young male teen market, if it carries on in the Point One vein, and that's not a bad thing, but I don't see much appeal outside of that demographic.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

Pangalactic Gargleblaster W0NK042's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Not gonna happen. See Alpha widely loathed. There is almost no one who would not want to see him brutally murdered in Arena but no what happens he gets a mini.
    - Do NOT get me started on that idiot or what they are about to do to Spider-Man. *sobs*
    No I don't look sick, but then, you don't look dumb.

Change.Org - Bring Back Richard Rider

Quote Originally Posted by jyeager11 View Post
    For decades, people have been complaining that despite literally hundreds of new characters introduced to fans year after year, Marvel hasn't come up with one that people can latch onto since Wolverine and Deadpool. And yet, whenever Marvel finally gets it right with one of them, they always do something stupid with him that brings everything back to square one.

They did it with Winter Soldier ("Hey, we have our first breakthrough star since Wolverine, everyone's talking about him and he even made it into one of the Ultimate Alliance games -- should we give him his own book? His own animated series? No! Let's strip him of everything that makes him Winter Soldier, put him in the Captain America uniform, and have him take Cap's place on the Avengers for a couple of years. Heck, to add insult to injury, let's call him Bucky-Cap!") and now they're doing it with Richard Ryder, who was never as popular a character as he was during those cosmic events a few years ago.

I'm just amazed by how popular these two characters were at one point, and how Marvel responded to that popularity by putting them on the back burner.

They're trying to undo all the damage that was done to Winter Soldier right now, just like they'll try to bring back Richard Ryder some day when they realize the mistake they made... but in both cases, it'll be too little, too late.

When fans adopt a new character as the next big thing, it's a rare a special occasion to beat that iron while it's hot. Not to put the character aside and essentially tell all these fans who bought into the character "Sorry, we're gonna go a completely different direction with this than what you're all hoping for, invested in and supported".

No, I'm not getting on board for this one. Nor will I get back on board when they bring Ryder back. That ship has sailed for me, but I hope Marvel some day learns something from all these mistakes, if they're really serious about creating the next Wolverine or Deadpool.
    You do understand that there is an Winter Soldier ongoing, right?

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

I just want to know how this kid is powered. Unless he's from the future or an alternate dimension, he shouldn't have any Nova Power.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalIronFist View Post
    I just want to know how this kid is powered. Unless he's from the future or an alternate dimension, he shouldn't have any Nova Power.
    There's nothing to say that the Nova Force wasn't redistributed after TTI or that a small fragment isn't in that helmet he's holding. I mean of all the issues regarding why Sam Alexander is the new Nova, that's one of the easiest to explain away.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 12-15-2012 at 09:52 AM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

I'm a big Nova (Rich Rider) fan. It's sad that Rich won't be the star of this book. But I love me some McGuiness art, so I'll give it a shot.
    "I want to see beautiful people doing amazing things." - Grant Morrison

Splendiferous Spider Hero ImmortalIronFist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    There's nothing to say that the Nova Force wasn't redistributed after TTI or that a small fragment isn't in that helmet he's holding. I mean of all the issues regarding why Sam Alexander is the new Nova, that's one of the easiest to explain away.
    Well, they did say Rich drained all of the Nova Force out of the Corps to fight Thanos and it never came back...but I suppose they could work around it.
    Hey, that tiger is flying a spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by Series5Ranger View Post
    See my problem with the new series is this: DnA (and Fabian Nicieza's in NW) version of Rich was finally the Nova that all the fans of Rich knew he could be. Now we go back to the total loser with earth bound stories and watch him get his ass handed to him every other month. I'll pass thanks.
    Thats my problem, i became Nova fan first only during DnA run and Annihilation. He was important galactic cop,leader of comsic marvel and a hero to many planets. He was a big important hero in his world.

Taking him down to MU level of guys with only super strenght or speed or no cosmic level power handing his ass to him.....
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

While I may not have been too thrilled about Loeb's recent output, there's no denying he's totally stoked about this book. And Ed Mcguiness art? Yup I'll take a copy please.

I'm wicked happy Marvel's bringing back their cosmic stuff, even if it is just to promote where they're taking the movies. Consider me on board.
    Live Comics. Love Comics.

"Don't ever be afraid to be a fan." - Jason Aaron

The Ed McG pages are glorious. Loeb has done good work in the past and with passion for this book and a new spin on Nova, it's worth taking a look for me. I will check out the first issue and see what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    It should be noted too that this nova is based on his late son, I pray no one finds it neccesary to insult Loeb.
    Insulting him about his som is foul, Insulting him about a character he wrote is fair game on if personal the second is professional
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied