Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bryan Hitch's Aborted "Ultimate Cap" miniseries

In this interview, Ultimates artist Bryan Hitch talks about an aborted Ultimate Captain America miniseries he was writing and drawing that was planned to be six issues long. At some point during Age of Ultron plans, the series was unfortunately scrapped. But he's got some art from the unfinished project:

Follow the link for more pics and info!
    I like Ultimate Comics. - Read them with us!

I also buy: Captain America, Avengers, FF, New Avengers, X-Factor, among others

Quote Originally Posted by Plawsky View Post
    In this interview, Ultimates artist Bryan Hitch talks about an aborted Ultimate Captain America miniseries he was writing and drawing that was planned to be six issues long. At some point during Age of Ultron plans, the series was unfortunately scrapped. But he's got some art from the unfinished project:

this interview"]Follow the link for more pics and info!
    WTF, why would you show us this!!! All it does is anger and sadden the masses.

Hitch still draws the best Ult Cap out there. Followed closely by Ron Garney, I loved his version.
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

I'm always angered and saddened.

Man, I gotta say - this is quite the bummer to find out. I don't even know if anyone had every announced or even at hinted at this before, but now I'm depressed that it didn't happen. Hitch has been out of Marvel for over a year now, so this was probably being worked on in late 2010/early 2011. I'd imagine it was scrapped because of Death of Spider-man. Either that or it was even sooner, because Hitch mentions Marvel approached him - not the other way around - so they could have ended up giving the project to Aaron.

And while I liked the Aaron/Garney series alright, this art is amazing! That's the best Hitch has looked since Ultimates 2.

Man, I gotta say - this is quite the bummer to find out. I don't even know if anyone had every announced or even at hinted at this before, but now I'm depressed that it didn't happen. Hitch has been out of Marvel for over a year now, so this was probably being worked on in late 2010/early 2011. I'd imagine it was scrapped because of Death of Spider-man. Either that or it was even sooner, because Hitch mentions Marvel approached him - not the other way around - so they could have ended up giving the project to Aaron.

And while I liked the Aaron/Garney series alright, this art is amazing! That's the best Hitch has looked since Ultimates 2.
    I was really sad, and then I remembered I'm getting an Ultimate Wolverine mini so now I'm happy again!
    1) Find a bad guy
    2) Be Wolverine
    Bring Back Ultimate Wolverine...again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I was really sad, and then I remembered I'm getting an Ultimate Wolverine mini so now I'm happy again!
    Yeah, but we could have had BOTH!

We really need to find out more about this. I guess it's time for a twitter attack on Bryan Hitch!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    WTF, why would you show us this!!! All it does is anger and sadden the masses.

Hitch still draws the best Ult Cap out there. Followed closely by Ron Garney, I loved his version.
    Blah, i liked that mini, but garney's art sucked in it IMO, it was so damn sketchy (not being inked didnt help)

yeah hitch is best, but after him for me, is Carlos Pacheco and Frank cho where FAARR ahead of Garney

look at that it looks like a real layer of material over his skin.

Also whoever drew ultimate secret and ultimate six was also very good

Too bad the project got scrapped :( It looks like it was going to be good.

Perhaps it was scrapped, or rather put on hold (?), until later on when Captain America: The Winter Soldier hits theaters ;)
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post

Perhaps it was scrapped, or rather put on hold (?), until later on when Captain America: The Winter Soldier hits theaters ;)
    yeah lets hope Astonishing Captain america gets put out also

Quote Originally Posted by Balfro View Post

Well, Hitch is done with Marvel for the time being, so if it comes back, it won't be his book most likely.

BANNED

something the big 2 should do from now on, ANYTIME a series gets canceled any art from it that was done, wether it be concept art, covers or interiors that would have been used, marvel NEEDs to release the stuff in like a little issue, mabye for 1.99 or mabye for free on CBFD, id sure has hell buy that. could also just take unused art from released books, like how much beautiful art by Adi Granov for ironman liva las vegas and astonishing captain america will we never see now that thoose series are put down

Well, Hitch is done with Marvel for the time being, so if it comes back, it won't be his book most likely.
    Well in the end that is kind of disappointing but I'd just as soon have a different artist if it means bringing the book to life.
    All-New Ultimates Earth 2 Harley Quinn Injustice Invincible Miles Morales: The Ultimate Spider-Man Real Heroes The Walking Dead Ultimate FF

On Vacation

So you are telling me that we could have had an awesome looking cap instead of that dorky homemade outfit he wore in DWF? That saddens me. Also I think it probably had something to do with Hickman putting Cap aside.

I'm so damn depressed about this. Also, it serves as a reminder that a-list talent used to WANT to work in the Ultimate U.
    Comics are more better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    I'm so damn depressed about this. Also, it serves as a reminder that a-list talent used to WANT to work in the Ultimate U.
    Esad Ribic was a A-list talent that was turning in A-Quality work in Hickmans Ultimates