Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1404
    They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

My penis sense is tingling, so I am checking back into this thread.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    It's true. Puma's penis is HUGE.
    so Ive heard

and my sarcasm aside, seems to me the champions of "I should own as many guns as I damn well please" seem to be some of the less than ideal examples of our society
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    so Ive heard

and my sarcasm aside, seems to me the champions of "I should own as many guns as I damn well please" seem to be some of the less than ideal examples of our society
    It all depends on why someone is collecting guns (and what type of gun), is it based on paranoia, is it a hobby, is it for hunting; from personal experience I can attest that those I've met who go out and buy assault rifles tend to fall into two categories: the show off or the survivalist. While guns are a dangerous collection much of the motivation is like any of form of collection, be it comics, cars, etc. and let's face it, their are dick measurers in any 'culture' be it guns or cars or comics.
    What have I always believed? That, on the whole, and by and large, if a person lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, at the end, more or less, turn out ok.

"In 1996, I was 36. And you're still a frothing moonbat." ~Paradox

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    Look up the numbewr of states that have become Shall issue in the last few years and the dierection has been moving over the last few years, and while you are at it read the polls publiched in this thread.

Or read this: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate..._not_bans.html
    And yet the numbers of over all owners is drastically falling, 50% of all households 50 years ago versus 32% toady and falling. The only demographics where gun ownership aren't falling are middle aged and elderly white males. A surprising fact to go along with that is that the demograpgic with the least gun ownership is latin males...and they are the fastest growing demographic in the US which should tell you about the future.

And the wording in that pole leads it greatly open to interpretation, I for one would consider limiting the access to the huge ammo clips for automatic and semiautomatic weapons to be gun control not bans and I imagine there are others who would see it that way as well. In fact, that seems to be just what the poll says:

62 percent support a law that would ban the sale and possession of high-capacity ammunition clips that can hold more than 10 bullets at a time compared to 35 percent who oppose.

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    It all depends on why someone is collecting guns (and what type of gun), is it based on paranoia, is it a hobby, is it for hunting; from personal experience I can attest that those I've met who go out and buy assault rifles tend to fall into two categories: the show off or the survivalist. While guns are a dangerous collection much of the motivation is like any of form of collection, be it comics, cars, etc. and let's face it, their are dick measurers in any 'culture' be it guns or cars or comics.
    i always buy the biggest comics.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    i always buy the biggest comics.
    I hear your Giant-Sized Man-Thing is truly a sight to behold.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

i carry the cover around to conceal my Punisher War Zone comics.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Quote Originally Posted by Puma View Post
    let's face it, their are dick measurers in any 'culture' be it guns or cars or comics.
    *wonders how big his comic book dick is...*
    Pull List; seems to be too long to fit in my sig...

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    And that has nothing to do with the fact that h they can kill as surely and as quickly as a gun does when driving is not given the proper respect
    How many drivers have piled into primary schools killing 26 people lately?

The hell you say.

What could make you feel more manly than owning the same type of gun that was recently used to murder 20 children?
    Owning two and having a big red car with a purple stripe painted down the side. Grrrrrrrr!!!

Dan Slott's Thing was pretty spectacular. Should've been a lot longer than it was, though...

So can anyone confirm that that was a real ad or find info on exactly when and where it ran?

Because all I'm finding is outraged news coverage and suggestions that it ran somewhere back in 2010.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Iangould View Post
    So can anyone confirm that that was a real ad or find info on exactly when and where it ran?

Because all I'm finding is outraged news coverage and suggestions that it ran somewhere back in 2010.
    The "man card reissued" one? I searched the image on Google and yeah, apparently it ran in Maxim.

Last edited by LoneNecromancer; 12-28-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks, I wasn't really that dubious about it but it never hurts to check.
    Visit the Ace Comics & Games Digital shopfront:
    http://www.acecomics.comicretailer.com

From Slate, we have Joe Zamudio, a civilian with a gun who really did help subdue a dangerous killer - specifically, the man opening fire at Gabrielle Giffords. But not only was the killer already disarmed and Zamudio didn't use his gun:

"I came out of that store, I clicked the safety off, and I was ready," he explained on Fox and Friends. "I had my hand on my gun. I had it in my jacket pocket here. And I came around the corner like this." Zamudio demonstrated how his shooting hand was wrapped around the weapon, poised to draw and fire. As he rounded the corner, he saw a man holding a gun. "And that's who I at first thought was the shooter," Zamudio recalled. "I told him to 'Drop it, drop it!' "

But the man with the gun wasn't the shooter. He had wrested the gun away from the shooter. "Had you shot that guy, it would have been a big, fat mess," the interviewer pointed out.

Zamudio agreed:

"I was very lucky. Honestly, it was a matter of seconds. Two, maybe three seconds between when I came through the doorway and when I was laying on top of [the real shooter], holding him down. So, I mean, in that short amount of time I made a lot of really big decisions really fast. … I was really lucky."

The Arizona Daily Star, based on its interview with Zamudio, adds two details to the story. First, upon seeing the man with the gun, Zamudio "grabbed his arm and shoved him into a wall" before realizing he wasn't the shooter. And second, one reason why Zamudio didn't pull out his own weapon was that "he didn't want to be confused as a second gunman."

This is a much more dangerous picture than has generally been reported. Zamudio had released his safety and was poised to fire when he saw what he thought was the killer still holding his weapon. Zamudio had a split second to decide whether to shoot. He was sufficiently convinced of the killer's identity to shove the man into a wall. But Zamudio didn't use his gun. That's how close he came to killing an innocent man. He was, as he acknowledges, "very lucky."
    "We must fight on!"
    "We'll die. We fight and we die, that's how it goes."
    "Then we die gloriously!"
    "There's an important word there, and it's not gloriously."
    - Only You Can Save Mankind