Page 57 of 94 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Also Im a bit surprised by the ammount of people calling for the death of NRA members, saying thats the way things will change.
    That shit's well out of order.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

Quote Originally Posted by Kees_L View Post
    Intentionally so, yes, as that would be part of his point against how that club would be lobbying themselves?
    What do you mean?
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    That shit's well out of order.
    And I dont mean just random people

From twitter

Joyce Carol Oates✔
    @JoyceCarolOates 14 Dec 12

If sizable numbers of NRA members become gun-victims themselves, maybe hope for legislation of firearms?

Marg Helgenberger✔
    @MargHelgen

@JoyceCarolOates One can only hope, but sadly I don't think anything would change.

And I dont mean just random people

From twitter

Joyce Carol Oates✔
    @JoyceCarolOates 14 Dec 12

If sizable numbers of NRA members become gun-victims themselves, maybe hope for legislation of firearms?

Marg Helgenberger✔
    @MargHelgen

@JoyceCarolOates One can only hope, but sadly I don't think anything would change.
    I don't know who either of those people are.
    Christ, do I have to do all the thinking for the entire fucking Internet? - Michael P

I don't know who either of those people are.
    Joyce Carol Oates is an author,

Helgenberger is an actress most known for her role on csi.

Soooo...the point you're trying to make is that celebrities say stupid shit?

Well, will wonders ever cease.

So just a couple of random people, then.

So just a couple of random people, then.
    And a texas democratic party official but he deleted his tweets.

What do you mean?
    (My answer is gonna be hella cryptic, but more to the point in 'the bottom line':)

Well, from what I heard of him he seems to be much about what messages or sentiments could get asserted out from anything within society upon

certain issues.

Like from any ideologies or viewpoints as how they'd be to sound to any ears, or either from apparent stigmas or outright misconceptions andsoforth.

Like he makes a point of there being potentially two sides to the same coin - and that any lobbying could be to work out in more ways than one?

(or in short:)

I'd think he aims to be giving the NRA a taste of their own medicine, as how their ideology could work out as nothing too sound to some ears at least.
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

Important Statement from the National Rifle Association

"...single loners who listen to nothing but Beck and Limbaugh, amassing massive stockpiles of weapons, eagerly awaiting the day they get to use them and finally feel like a real man for once in their miserable, pathetic lives..."

"It came as such a surprise that something like this could happen, the same as it's come as a complete surprise each of the 67 times something like this has happened since Columbine."

"It's the first time we haven't turned up the day after and waved our guns in the faces of grieving families, aren't we such sensitive human beings?"

"Suuuuuure we are."

"We're gonna blame it all on video games, atheism, and the lack of mandatory firearms for all teachers, and we're gonna bury it on a Friday afternoon."
    I have a feeling it's going to be more like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1003_head_in_sand2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	105896
    Stall, and and bury our heads in the sand until it happens again, then wash rinse repeat.

I hope they actually do something this time, but I'm not holding my breath. Why would this ONE incident, out of so many finally change their minds?

(My answer is gonna be hella cryptic, but more to the point in 'the bottom line':)

Well, from what I heard of him he seems to be much about what messages or sentiments could get asserted out from anything within society upon

certain issues.

Like from any ideologies or viewpoints as how they'd be to sound to any ears, or either from apparent stigmas or outright misconceptions andsoforth.

Like he makes a point of there being potentially two sides to the same coin - and that any lobbying could be to work out in more ways than one?

(or in short:)

I'd think he aims to be giving the NRA a taste of their own medicine, as how their ideology could work out as nothing too sound to some ears at least.
    I don't know. Its jsut a strange comment to mkae when there are books documenting the ways the NRA heklped black communities resist the KKK.

The book Negroes with Guns is a good one. I forget the author's name though.

I don't know. Its jsut a strange comment to mkae when there are books documenting the ways the NRA heklped black communities resist the KKK.

The book Negroes with Guns is a good one. I forget the author's name though.
    To avoid confusion I should add that by "intentionally so" I mean Moore would be to make an intentionally false claim.

I leave up to you whether or not you should combine Moore's two statements as needing to be seen as inseparable.

Maybe you could try tweeting him?
    Been called a 'good egg'. Been told to rock, been told to steady myself. Been told to (please) be goin' places.
    Chillingly good stuff besides Mignola, Slint, M, Knut and really big chunks of tinfoil?
    Half sunk in the mud, with one eye showing / a cracked smile and hair still growing /
    your hands miles apart, as if they'd never met / you were the happiest I'd seen you yet
    . ~
    (full) lyrics to 'Exhume' by Bedhead.

To avoid confusion I should add that by "intentionally so" I mean Moore would be to make an intentionally false claim.

I leave up to you whether or not you should combine Moore's two statements as needing to be seen as inseparable.

Maybe you could try tweeting him?
    Interesting.....

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Its gonna be interesting to see what the NRA says on Friday. Because their biggest political supporter , Manchin has came out and said he wants some weapons banned in new gun control laws. To stay on the side of Manchin and actually be credited with change , they could say they support steps taken . It wouldn't shock me because with this latest tragedy and not wanting to lose a key political ally you may see the NRA decide to work with those putting a new assault weapons ban on the table.

This will likely freak the hell out of some. I have friends who love the NRA and have posted a lot of pictures of support. What do they do ..if the NRA decides its time to work on an assault weapons ban ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Never gonna happen. The NRA and their supporters are more then happy to sacrifice children so that they can stockpile assault weapons on the off chance they ever have to fight the government.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February