Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thehod View Post
    Armed guards?? In schools??!!!

Are you people fucking insane?
    Have you heard some people's justification for the Second Amendment? Yeah, I think some might be.

School is a place for learning. It's a place to feel safe and secure and (at the age of 6) have some fun. Not somewhere ANYONE needs to be packing heat.
    From the perspective of a teacher, the art of teaching requires creating a safe, caring environment in which the student feels comfortable enough to learn. Having any form of guards is instantly making things 100 times harder. For some students (more than most of you would think) school is an escape for children, for many it is the only place they can truly feel safe and cared for. Adding guards of any description will completely change that, and not only hurt their education but they personal development as well.

The problem is guns. Millions and millions of fucking guns. People have said no-one is suggesting a total ban, but I am.
    In an ideal world, maybe. But a compromise will be the only way to make any sort of change in the near future. Even then, with the power of the gun lobby and the makeup of Congress I can't see it happening.

Yes it'll be hard work. Yes it'll be expensive, yes it'll be ugly. But it's worth doing.
    Fact.

Is it any uglier than seriously considering armed guards or arming teachers?[/QUOTE]
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
    Douglas Adams

I was wondering, what says the law in the states about where and when you have the right to have a weapon on you ?

I mean, where i'm from for example you don't have the right to have a weapon on you in public places. Any kind of weapons. (they are sorted by categories, don't know if you have a similar system)

Expect for transport. And even then the weapon must be concealed, of course not loaded if it's a gun, and there is other restrictions but let's move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    I was wondering, what says the law in the states about where and when you have the right to have a weapon on you ?

I mean, where i'm from for example you don't have the right to have a weapon on you in public places. Any kind of weapons. (they are sorted by categories, don't know if you have a similar system)

Expect for transport. And even then the weapon must be concealed, of course not loaded if it's a gun, and there is other restrictions but let's move on.
    It varies from state-to-state. Most states don't allow you to carry weapons into public buildings, for example.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    here in the US it depends on the state...here in CT, you have to register every firearm you own and have a permit in accordance with what you own

I have a pistol permit, but I don't own any firearms

I have family members who own multiple firearms and they are all registered

some states don't require registration if you keep them in your home
    I think you might want to check the laws of you state

Gun laws in Connecticut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Connecticut

There is no requirement to register long guns outside of assault rifles, and only a partial "defacto "requirement to register hand guns. You friends and family are probly licensed but is unlilley that all the guns are registered since there is no process to do so and no formal registry is maintained ecept for purchase records at licensed dealers

The licensing requirements there are tough but reasonably so

Most states do not require registration of long guns at all and only about half require the registration of handguns. Many are like my Home state Delaware and provide no registration process at all for any type of firearms just licensing requirements for the owner.
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by Addams View Post
    depends on the state...some states you can have a carry permit, some have a conceal and carry permit
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    I think you might want to check the laws of you state

Gun laws in Connecticut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Connecticut

There is no requirement to register long guns outside of assault rifles, and only a partial "defacto "requirement to register hand guns. You friends and family are probly licensed but is unlilley that all the guns are registered since there is no process to do so and no formal registry is maintained ecept for purchase records at licensed dealers

The licensing requirements there are tough but reasonably so

Most states do not require registration of long guns at all and only about half require the registration of handguns. Many are like my Home state Delaware and provide no registration process at all for any type of firearms just licensing requirements for the owner.
    I tend to take them at their word, but thanks for the extra info

Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Dang! Apparently the Westboro Baptist Church planning on protesting the funeral for the children is so despicable that the KKK is protesting THEM!

http://samuel-warde.com/2012/12/kkk-...stboro-church/

If you have the Klan protesting you for being insensitive toward innocents, you know you've hit rock bottom!
    Even evil has standards.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview

My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

You know where we can all find common ground? With regard to the response from the tin-foil crowd:

(Hussein's goons took this down once, download and repost pic before it disappears again)
    NEWTOWN, CT MASSACRE…the MAJOR DISCREPANCIES LIST (ADD TO IT AND SHARE/REPOST AS YOUR STATUS)

1) As yet, we have not seen any concrete evidence that any child died.
    2) As yet, parents have not been allowed to see their children. (Photoshopped pictures do not count.)
    3) As of now, I have seen only one unambiguous statement from a grieving parent (Robbie Parker).
    4) According to the official story, Adam Lanza was found with his older brother’s ID, and it was not stolen.
    However, older brother Ryan–who officials say is very cooperative–claims not to have even seen his brother
    since 2010. Where would Adam get this ID? And why does such use not qualify as a theft?
    5) According to the official story, Adam Lanza was wearing a black outfit with a mask and bulletproof vest.
    Why would he want to hide his identity, and why would he wear a bulletproof vest, if he planned to kill himself?
    6) The medical examiner asserts that all wounds were caused by a rifle or other long weapon, and police/FBI say
    that the school was littered with .223 (rifle) casings. But Adam Lanza was found dead in the school with only handguns
    –a rifle was found in the trunk of his car. But then he could not possibly have been firing the rifle, and could not have
    committed the murders. Who did?
    7) According to the official story, the killing was tightly confined to two classrooms. But then why were so many children
    told to close their eyes while leaving the building?
    8 ) Joanne Didonato, the principal’s secretary, called in sick on Friday–something she rarely does. So presumably, she must
    have been awfully ill. Yet she then felt well enough to give an interview. “Of all days,” she said, emphasizing the strange
    coincidence.
    9) The hospital went into lockdown and cleared four trauma rooms, but received only three patients, two of them dead children
    (according to the official story) and one mildly wounded adult.
    10) Why were there such persistent reports that Mrs. Lanza was a kindergarten teacher, and that she died at the school,
    when the new official story is that she was not connected to the school and was killed at home?
    11) What happened to the report that Adam Lanza’s girlfriend and another friend were missing in New Jersey?
    12) What happened to the woodsman in a black jacket and camo pants who was arrested and handcuffed outside the school?
    He actually shouted to parents, “It wasn’t me.” Who was he and what was he doing there?
    13) What happened to the dark van or SUV that the police surrounded in the parking lot, or the maroon sedan with a blown-out
    back window they were on the lookout for?
    14) The official story is that Nancy Lanza was a gun collector who obeyed the law. But since 20-year-olds are not permitted to buy
    guns or ammo or carry guns in Connecticut, why would she give her “autistic” son access to both guns and ammo?
    15) Why were parents told on Friday that “if you haven’t been reunited with your child by now it’s already over”?
    Does anyone imagine that real parents of real children would simply say, “Okay, the show’s over, let’s go home now”?
    16) Would real parents of real children really be satisfied with (possibly photoshopped) pictures of their children?
    Wouldn’t they demand to see their children one last time firsthand?
    17) According to the official story, 28 people died but only 1 was wounded. The dead included 20 small, squirmy children–
    difficult targets even for professionals. How could Adam Lanza achieve such amazingly deadly accuracy, in such a short length of time?
    18 ) A child asserts that he/she heard someone say, “Put your hands up,” followed by the reply, “Don’t shoot.”
    This indicates that the police took a suspect into custody inside the school. But if that was Adam Lanza, how did he kill himself after that point?
    19) Another child asserts that he/she saw a man pinned down to the ground with handcuffs on. Again, this indicates that the police took
    a suspect into custody. If that was Adam Lanza, how did he then kill himself?
    20) When Ryan Lanza was falsely identified as the shooter, who deleted his Facebook profile and created many others in his name?
    21) Is it reasonable for a geeky 20-year-old to carry two pistols and hundreds of rounds of ammunition while wearing a bulletproof vest and a mask?
    22) Why did the police say on Friday that they were going to leave the bodies rotting in the school until Sunday, then Saturday morning announce
    that they had spirited the bodies away in the middle of the night? Perhaps to ensure that the transport, if any, would go unrecorded on photos or video?
    23) Why won’t police tell us where they found the Henry repeating rifle, the Enfield rifle, and the shotgun?
    24) Did the school have one or more security cameras? What do they show?
    25) Why did a police officer specifically mention, on radio, that “they’re coming at me through this wood,” followed by a fellow officer saying, “This is it”?
    26) One officer in the school said, “We’ve got one suspect down.” Who was that? Down in this situation generally means in custody
    (on the ground and cuffed), not dead.
    27) Why didn’t Adam’s uncle see anything out of the ordinary in Adam when the two saw each other in June?
    28 ) Why is Adam Lanza reported to be a loner when a teenager said (oxymoronically), “[Lanza and his friends] always gathered
    alone in a corner in school”?
    29) Why did police assign an individual state trooper to every grieving family, whether the family wants such “protection” or not?
    30) Why are Ryan Lanza and his roommates still in custody, and why are the police pretending that it’s for their own benefit?
    31) Is it a coincidence that Nancy Lanza’s brother is Kingston Police Officer James Champion, who lives next door to the former Lanza home?

God dammit.
    "If you can't say anything good about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

Princess Murder You bipolar danger girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post
    You know where we can all find common ground? With regard to the response from the tin-foil crowd:
    Fuck. My eyes want to explode.
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

Whatthefuckisthat? That's horrible.

Obviously, this blue part here is the land...

Quote Originally Posted by Loren View Post

Gee, this Patriot News page is quite a weird one.

I'm not surprised. It seems like ALL the tinfoil hat/ultra 2nd Amendment crowd can get out of this is what MIGHT happen to THEIR guns, blergen flergen FREEDOM, etc.

Because I am a glutton for punishment, I have looked at some of the crap Alex Jones and his ilk have posted online and said on their radio shows. It all falls in line with that.

The "best" thing I saw was some story they posted about that Oregon mall shooter. Some guy claims he pulled his gun on the shooter and the shooter saw him. From there, the shooter THEN killed himself. The guy never fired his own gun and the only person who can corroborate this is himself. Never the less, it is OBVIOUS proof that someone with a gun would deter shootings. Right.
    "There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and some day, they will. And that's how Sue Cs it."- Sue Sylvester, "Glee"

wow just wow

Im wondering, since the far right doesn't even want to talk about gun control, would they take up the mental health debate?