Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

wrong thread

14 Time Rita's Champion SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monty_Cristo View Post
    you might as well be blaming the snake in the garden of eden.
    I'll go ahead and blame that as well... I will also blame Cain and Abel too. If I can ....what else can I blame to not accept reality ?
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Sucks 200 character limit.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    What if things are said that really, really require insults in response?
    If you feel that way, then don't respond. It will get you into trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Slam_Bradley View Post
    And yet we aren't having this conversation over this type of thing happening every couple of months in European countries, Canada, etc.
    In fact it comes up quite often in Europe too. Mostly about video games but...

It's not just that 99% (which may be a tad hyperbolic) of the country likes the same thing. It's that American culture really has permeated most of the rest of the world. People everywhere watch the same American movies. Watch our TV shows. Listen to our music.

And yet we aren't having this conversation over this type of thing happening every couple of months in European countries, Canada, etc.
    Pretty spot on Slam. Thanks for that...I forgot how global a society we live in now with American entertainment all over the globe now.
    "Heads up-- If Havok's position in UA #5 really upset you, it's time to drown yourself hobo piss. Seriously, do it. It's the only solution." - Rick Remender

Chaotically Neutral Monty_Cristo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'll go ahead and blame that as well... I will also blame Cain and Abel too. If I can ....what else can I blame to not accept reality ?
    i'm just going to blame that piece of sh** wuss that just shot up a school full of innocents. and i'm sure he had some relatable sob story about why mommy and daddy had to pay. but i no longer care. he crossed the line. it's so easy to refrain from killing another person. most people have to be threatened with death to even consider it. i just have no sympathy for someone who plans something like this. he should have put that gun in his own mouth. it's probably just as selfish (think of the cleanup). but at least he's not depriving others of life.
    60% percent of the time, Ant-Man beats Doom every time

Another Bushmaster. Why dont they put the people who orders these into a database---background checks.

A kid asked the best question--when will this happen again?
    My webcomic Updated weekly
    My BlogSTORM/Black Panther Sabotage
    BEBOP--"Roland = pinnacle of objectivity"

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    Has any right-winger claimed yet that Obama had this shooting staged so he could take away their guns?
    our last two Presidents have been notoriously quiet about guns, even with all of these things that have happened....the Clinton administration was the last to actually be pro active about gun violence and gun control
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by RolandJP View Post
    I agree entertainment isnt to blame. but it sure is teaching some of these wackos how to inflict the most tactical damage possible. Coordinated..overlapping fields of fire.
    or he could have joined the army.

Imagination and Bravery Double 0's Avatar

So yeah, I totally blame the POS that did this.

However, we gotta stop giving POS' the potential to do stuff like this. And you know what that means.

It means dealing with the real elephant in the room. The second amendment and how people use and abuse it. It's an archaic amendment that needs to be (further) modernized.
    "No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."

- Stanisław Jerzy Lec

http://naijamanexe.tumblr.com

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

It's not just that 99% (which may be a tad hyperbolic) of the country likes the same thing. It's that American culture really has permeated most of the rest of the world. People everywhere watch the same American movies. Watch our TV shows. Listen to our music.

I agree. We also aren't the most heavily armed country in the world, either; that would be Switzerland. So what is it about the USA that makes this kind of shit happen here more often than elsewhere?

I think it's because we bestow on the perps the posthumous laurel of Celebrity, and that's too big a deal here. They apparently inspire boundless curiosity, and are woven into our cultural fabric. I am apparently full of shit for suggesting this, though, so I am open to other suggestions.
    Last edited by SteveGus; 12-14-2012 at 01:36 PM.
    Superhero comic books only become art to the extent that their banal, unrealistic fantasy and garish styles go too far and become interesting. Attempts to ground them in reality can only ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    In fact it comes up quite often in Europe too. Mostly about video games but...
    I meant we weren't talking about mass killings in Europe every couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    our last two Presidents have been notoriously quiet about guns, even with all of these things that have happened....the Clinton administration was the last to actually be pro active about gun violence and gun control
    that's because the NRA has been extremely vocal about Obama coming for their guns; despite his inaction.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    I agree. We also aren't the most heavily armed country in the world, either; that would be Switzerland. So what is it about the USA that makes this kind of shit happen here more often than elsewhere?
    I meant we weren't talking about mass killings in Europe every couple of months.
    As Slam posted this happens more overseas and if we lived there...we likely would be saying the same exact thing. Its because we live here , its blaring on all news channels and cable news channels. But its not just a USA problem.

they have football matches to get all of their violence out. j/k