Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post
    To the people using this to preach Gun Control --- It would not matter one damn bit, people this determined to hurt people, if they didnt have guns, they would just build Bombs or throw jars of acid or something, Evil finds a way sometimes.

May the Killers Burn for all Eternity.
    True, but there's no reason to make thing easier for them, eh?

At the same time though, I do want more details on how this happened.

There's got to be a way to curb this craziness.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

Its awful when things like this happen. Things like this make me think, "How many more people have to die before we finally do something about guns?" I mean its a big issue, but it needs to be talked about, before something like this happens again.

We also need to talk about mental health, stress, anger, the root causes that make people want to do these things. Gun control is as much a cultural issue as it is a political one.
    Last edited by Overhazard; 12-14-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Princess Murder You bipolar danger girl's Avatar

To the people using this to preach Gun Control --- It would not matter one damn bit, people this determined to hurt people, if they didnt have guns, they would just build Bombs or throw jars of acid or something, Evil finds a way sometimes.

Why don't we fucking try it? I just don't give a fuck anymore about your stupid fucking gun rights. Let's try doing anything but nothing, because nothing is not fucking helping.
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

apparently it was a school employee (not sure if it was a teacher or whatever) that was fired this morning, left the building, came back and was armed with a bulletproof vest

local news confirms 27 dead
    Support your local roller derby league

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Its awful when things like this happen. Things like this make me think, "How many people have do die before we finally do things about guns?" I mean its a big issue, but it needs to be talked about, before something like this happens again.

We also need to talk about mental health, stress, anger, the root causes that make people want to do these things. Gun control is as much a cultural issue as it is a political one.
    that is the 2 ton elephant in the room here
    Support your local roller derby league

The UK's experience says you're wrong. Look up the Dunblane shooting and its aftermath sometime.

Princess Murder You bipolar danger girl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    that is the 2 ton elephant in the room here
    Want to know what causes me bad mental health, stress and anger? Dead kids.
    The unicorn is kind of lonely
    Being unique and oh so corny
    Mounting does not amount to much
    The unicorn is unic-horny.
    ~the4thpip

Diamonds, Daisies, Snowflakes,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Chestnuts, Rainbows, Springtime ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's tinsel on a tree ...
    She's everything that every girl should be!
    Sable, Popcorn, White Wine,
    Bipolar Danger Girl
    Gingham, Bluebirds, Broadway ...
    Is Bipolar Danger Girl
    She's mine alone, but luckily for you ...
    If you find a girl to love,
    Only one girl to love,
    Then she'll be Bipolar Danger Girl too ...
    Bipolar Danger Girl!
    ~fly on the wall

while I think people will find a way to kill without guns, it would slightly be harder to get the high numbers without them

I mean its a little harder to stab or tossed acid on 27 people then it is to shoot them

I'm not for banning all guns, but we need to change how you can buy and continue to own certain guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    apparently it was a school employee (not sure if it was a teacher or whatever) that was fired this morning, left the building, came back and was armed with a bulletproof vest
    So even if the teachers had carried guns, they would've been in trouble without a well-placed headshot. Conceal and carry people often overlook this point. A maniac is going to do everything he or she can to stay alive for as long as possible during the spree.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bipolar danger girl View Post
    Why don't we fucking try it? I just don't give a fuck anymore about your stupid fucking gun rights. Let's try doing anything but nothing, because nothing is not fucking helping.
    because down the road it leads to the government having too much power, if they can take things we already own, they will do it to other things. NOTE: i am adamantly against civilians having fully Automatic weapons. which are Not legal right now, and im of course against civilians owning explosives. and its they same thing pro choice people say about abortions, that the government shouldnt take that right away now that its been allowed for so long regardless of how horrible it is. (note i am adamantly against abortions atcept when the mother is in danger from birth)
    Last edited by Movieartman; 12-14-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    It's good to think about the why, it really is, but it's the how i think who's the biggest problem here.

I mean, as angry or crazy the dude was if he didn't have any gun in the first place he wouldn't have killed so many people.

I heard about what happened an hour ago and broke down crying watching the continuous rolling coverage. I was hoping the Police media conference would shed more light on the details of what happened but at this time, they are still trying to confirm, and contact the parents and families of those who have lost loved ones. On some stations they are saying that an entire kindergarten class is unaccounted for? That 18 children are dead. Its just horrible. And so close to Xmas...

They call me Mr. Pip! the4thpip's Avatar

Try killing 26 people within a few minutes using jars of acid.

Bombs are a concern, but as the failed bombing of Bonn central station this week showed, it's not a surefire (pardon the horrible word) way to create this kind of tragedy for the crazy kind of monsters who do those things. This kind of tragedy usually requires easily obtained guns.
    My blog.

We struggled against apartheid in South Africa, supported by people the world over, because black people were being blamed and made to suffer for something we could do nothing about; our very skins. It is the same with sexual orientation. It is a given.
    - Desmond Tutu

Getting married? Check http://www.fandgweddings.com/

Strrrrrrrrrrrrex mailedbypostman1's Avatar

because down the road it leads to the government having too much power, if they can take things we already own, they will do it to other things. NOTE: i am adamantly against civilians having fully Automatic weapons. which are Not legal right now, and im of course against civilians owning explosives. and its they same thing pro choice people say about abortions, that the government shouldnt take that right away now that its been allowed for so long regardless of how horrible it is. (note i am adamantly against abortions atcept when the mother is in danger from birth)
    They've already taken things we own. But everyone has to make compromises.
    Strrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrex

BANNED

and also if the government comes house to house to forcibly take our property, it will lead to far more violence than if they didnt. im not in anyway condoning the resistance of the law, but it will happen if such things come to pass