View Poll Results: which powerset is best?

Voters
28. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • YJ SB or golden age limited

7 25.00%
  • full kryptonian

2 7.14%
  • strictly touch TTK

2 7.14%
  • TTK,touch,no touch,and sensory ability

4 14.29%
  • mixed kryptonian/TTK,both limited

9 32.14%
  • mixed kryptonian/TTK,both fully powered

4 14.29%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by House of Rao View Post
    I find the lack of feats for him to be quite disrespectful.
    lol Here we go. Like the Nightwing fans who keep track of how many fights he wins or loses and think it's "disrespectful" when a writer has him lose a fight. Petty and bitter.

Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

I actually think geoff should have made kon from teen titans exactly like this,explained the human as a stabilizer for his kryptonian dna,but also dampens his full kryptonian potential.

BUT i would have kept everything else from the kesel SB,instead of making him have "limited" TTK ,kept his TTK exactly the way it was at the end of his own series.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    lol Here we go. Like the Nightwing fans who keep track of how many fights he wins or loses and think it's "disrespectful" when a writer has him lose a fight. Petty and bitter.
    Considering one of my favorite aspects of Superboy is that he usually gets wiped and fights with everything he got and is extremely resourceful, no. It's not like that. As I said, Superboy should be a champion of the juniors, but in YJ he is not treated like that at all. If you compare Superman's fights in JLU to Superboy's fights in YJ, they are on completely different scales. Wally's treatment is even worse than Superboy's. To be clear, I am talking about season 1. I am much more satisfied with season 2's treatment of Superboy.
    Last edited by House of Rao; 12-14-2012 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by House of Rao View Post
    If you compare Superman's fights in JLU to Superboy's fights in YJ,
    ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Power levels are not the way I judge how interesting a story is or how engaging a character is. Not since about age 6, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Power levels are not the way I judge how interesting a story is or how engaging a character is. Not since about age 6, maybe.
    You seem to have forgotten that we are discussing power sets. I never mentioned these characters are not interesting because their abilities have been downplayed. I'm disappointed in that they have been downplayed. There is a difference. Now if you are going to continue to discuss comics with me then start acting like an adult, not some child stubbornly throwing a fit.

I would be fine with the golden agelimits on YJ,if i knew there was for sure gonna be another season for him to be able to grow again,and then get a power bump

It's Lexrules... GET HIM. Lexrules's Avatar

I'm going with Classic Superboy/ Clark Kent here so I say full set of Kryptonian Powers.

So 6 ppl want nothing but kryptonian,and 11 want some combination that has TTK involved...so far.

Of course ive said plenty of times that TTK is a essential part of who SB is.

Ive never wanted kon to have supermans exact same powers,part because there is only one superman,two,because SB is a umique character,and three, because he has never been a exact clone of supermans,he has always had human in the mix or all together,mutation or change should be a part of his dna and powerset.

I hate TTK, YJ Superboy is my fav
    "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women." - Conan

I actually thought back in the kesel superboy series that SB was gonna get a TTK sensory ability when he was escaping from the Agenda base,after meeting his perfected clone Match.he was moving through the a/c shafts and it seemed he knew how to get out ,or atleast should have,now that would have completed one helluva great TTK powerset back in great series.

Kon is NOT a full clone,and has partial human dna,or all human dna,so why would his powers be exactly like supermans,they shouldnt be,having other dna or altered dna in his makeup should make differences in his powerset.

I like YJ although characters are weaker there then standard in the DCU for Comics so I vote Mixed Both Limited.
    Black History Month & 29 Days in February

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    I actually thought back in the kesel superboy series that SB was gonna get a TTK sensory ability when he was escaping from the Agenda base,after meeting his perfected clone Match.he was moving through the a/c shafts and it seemed he knew how to get out ,or atleast should have,now that would have completed one helluva great TTK powerset back in great series.

Kon is NOT a full clone,and has partial human dna,or all human dna,so why would his powers be exactly like supermans,they shouldnt be,having other dna or altered dna in his makeup should make differences in his powerset.
    Because they were designed to be. He's not just a clone/hybrid, he is genetically engineered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Wolf View Post
    Because they were designed to be. He's not just a clone/hybrid, he is genetically engineered.
    Really,did you read the part where i said"exactly like supermanss" ??
    Because im pretty sure he had a lil power callled TTK from the start,and superman NEVER had.kon was genetically enginnered to have powers like heat vison and super hearing,and be a solar battery,but he was never EXACT,that was NEVER in the story at all back then.

I like Kon to be a weaker version of Superman. I think the Young Justice cartoon is off to the right start, though I don't care for the idea that Superboy isn't aging. I'd also welcome the possibility that maybe he will eventually gain the ability to fly and develop heat vision. I haven't followed the New 52 Superboy much, so I don't know what his exact genetic make up is, but if we're still talking about a human/Kryptonian hybrid, I figure his powers should be somewhere in between, which to me is another way of saying a weaker Kryptonian.