View Poll Results: which powerset is best?

Voters
28. In order to vote on this poll, you must be a registered user and/or logged in
  • YJ SB or golden age limited

7 25.00%
  • full kryptonian

2 7.14%
  • strictly touch TTK

2 7.14%
  • TTK,touch,no touch,and sensory ability

4 14.29%
  • mixed kryptonian/TTK,both limited

9 32.14%
  • mixed kryptonian/TTK,both fully powered

4 14.29%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tactile Telekinesis stephens2177's Avatar

Default you pick superboy's powerset

What would be your idea powerset for superboy ?

Ok illstart,i like his current powerset,but wouldnt mind if he got 1/3 kryptonian powers and levels with them.

Plain TTK.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if SuperMAN's powers were rebooted to be plain TTK.

YJ or golden age limited. The fun thing about him is that he is not as powerful as Superman.
    Jean Grey, Gwen Stacy, Professor X, Mar-Vell, Richard Rider, Kid Loki- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    Plain TTK.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if SuperMAN's powers were rebooted to be plain TTK.
    You talking about the Byrne superman? Well superboys powers did differ from supermans,so can you break it down for me?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    YJ or golden age limited. The fun thing about him is that he is not as powerful as Superman.
    I agree he is a great character,and done clean,unlike the comics,but all the SBs have been weaker than superman,so wouldnt they all be fun? And heck the kesel SB was all about fun being a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by stephens2177 View Post
    You talking about the Byrne superman? Well superboys powers did differ from supermans,so can you break it down for me?
    I mean TTK is the best explanation for Superman's flight and super-strength we're ever going to get. I have a feeling that's why Kessel gave clone Superboy TTK to begin with: as a backdoor explanation for Superman's abilities. And I wouldn't mind if Superman didn't have some of his weirder abilities, like freeze breath.

Quote Originally Posted by stk View Post
    I mean TTK is the best explanation for Superman's flight and super-strength we're ever going to get. I have a feeling that's why Kessel gave clone Superboy TTK to begin with: as a backdoor explanation for Superman's abilities. And I wouldn't mind if Superman didn't have some of his weirder abilities, like freeze breath.
    Actually having TTK would be good explanation for super breath too,kinda like martian manhunters powers could all be based on TK also ,its all about using the power on yourself,instead kf outward .

Anyhow, I'd like it if Superboy kept the straight-up Tactile Telekinesis and that Kryptonian powers were retconned to all be TTK to begin with.

I wouldnt mind if supermans powers were based on a personal version of TTK alltogether,and have his heat vision be how he unloads his power source,and make SBs a active,outwardly version of the same thing.

So one internal TTK,and one outwardly TTK.

YJ all day

I like TTK as his first powers, with him growing into his Kryptonian powerset. It makes sense with his cells needing time to solar charge, hes only a few months old. I wonder what powers his 3rd dna helix will grant him?

Kesel Superboy with developing "Kryptonian" powers.

Remember the Kesel Superboy was modelled after the Bryne Superman with the powers developing over time until adulthood. The TTK is based off the Supermans Aura which proved his durability and flight etc.
    It could be argued that Superboy could fly whilst at the same age Clark could not was because Superboy knew he could fly.

Using Heat Vision should weaken him because it's using up his energy reserves.
    Last edited by Ice Wolf; 12-14-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Im guessing the current SB will do this- TTK now while young,and a third kryptonian power as he gets older,but at the same time learning to use his TTK power better(perception and manipulation) as he gets older also.

Where does he get his TTK from?
    how much kryptonian power should he get?
    What powers should he get from his third donor,if any?

NuSB is my favorite powerset. He's strong, but he's not Superman. The way I see it, Kon should be one of the champions of the juniors. He still has the getting thrashed around by almost everyone he fights and pulls through at the end, and usually with a good beating. Which you had from the Kesel era, it's great. The problem I have with Cartoon-Kon is that he really isn't that strong. I find the lack of feats for him to be quite disrespectful. I remember reading Greg talk about how characters are not as powerful in Earth-16; including Superman. But it really bothers me.