Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Dennis Hopeless on Cable

Concluding the Cable & X-Force: Rap Sheet series with a look at the team leader...

http://marvel.com/news/story/19842/c..._sheet_-_cable

Hopeless has such a great handle on his cast, and he really seems to get Cable. Not an easy task by any means due to the complexity of the character and the many different takes on him we've seen over the years as he's been reinvented over and over again.

Love this series so far and I hope Dennis and Salvador stay on it for a long time to come...

I really enjoy the line about born leaders being subtly manipulative.

Everything Dennis says in these character interviews is right on the money. He really gets the characters hes writing and has definitely done his homework. I hav ealot of respect for this guy and feel confident he will give us one hell of a good Cable book. I am so glad Salva is doing it too, cause he will not miss an issue, and we will never have a fill-in artist. Salva is just that good.

Wonder how long til cable confronts cyke

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    For doing mostly what Cable told him to do?
    Pain shared is divided, joy shared is multiplied

Quote Originally Posted by mikekerrIII View Post
    For doing mostly what Cable told him to do?
    I wonder if even you believe what you type. Cable does his own thing, the reason why I like his character and he's willing to point a gun at whoever to do so including the man who walked out of life when he was a baby.

charybde, meet scylla.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

I hope he teams up with Cyke, to be honest.

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Confront? That's a stretch. Cable's the guy most likely to side with him, for myriad reasons.

Havok's motivation seems to be clear now. Possibly he isn't even a traitor now.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Quote Originally Posted by vampiric_cannibal View Post
    Confront? That's a stretch. Cable's the guy most likely to side with him, for myriad reasons.

Havok's motivation seems to be clear now. Possibly he isn't even a traitor now.
    Considering how Hope feels about cyke and cable isn't upset with Hope for anything she did in AvX and is siding with his daughter I wouldn't hold my breath

vampiric_cannibal used logic

It's not very effective.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

The Slender Man vampiric_cannibal's Avatar

This reminds me to play some Pokemon.

You know, I started in the trenches in Batgirl threads. They were bad enough. Then Avengers Arena threads, where I get to see endless derailings. Good thing there are the X-boards, where the topics are adhered to and everyone skips daintily through meadows, arm in arm.

Cyclops was doing what Cable had tried to do years before, and was also stopped. Phoenix corruption was to be expected and not Scott's fault. Both men assumed and wanted Hope to have the Phoenix, and to be prepared for it.

I will wait for Hopeless' interpretation, he knows his stuff.
    I would like to say for the record that this is the FIRST TIME I've withheld dong when someone was so desperately asking for some.
    Brian C Wood

Marvel.com: Are you writing it so that Cable is purposely recruiting these broken individuals? Because Cable knows what Colossus just went through; is Cable preying on these people’s need to atone or need to have a purpose?

Dennis Hopeless: This is weird to say, but I think born leaders, people that are naturally good at leading, are sort of subconsciously manipulative all the time. They can see another person and see what that person is capable of and see where you’ve got to poke them to get them to do what you want them to do. Cable’s very much that; while he would tell you “No, I’m not just going after these people and taking advantage of them,” yes, he’s going after these people and taking advantage of them. He knows what they’ll be able to do. Like Colossus, he knows how to get Colossus to help him even though Colossus doesn’t want to do any of this sort of thing. We see that in a very quiet scene in issue #2. He manipulates Colossus into doing what he wants very subtly and very carefully, and it works. I think he’s just naturally good at that. He’s naturally good at seeing what people can do for him and how to get it out of them.

Really Dennis? Like Colossus hasn't been manipulated and fucked up enough by his ex-lover Illyana? I sure hope you at least allow a bit of bromance between Colossus and Cable in the near future. Hey, it's only fair.
    Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do - Voltaire

I smell a team up with cable team up and cyckes team. Can't wait for colossus and magik to meet again