Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Lemire and Fawkes Possess "Justice League Dark"

Ray Fawkes and Jeff Lemire discuss co-writing "Justice League Dark," from their initial "The Death of Magic" storyline to the upcoming "Trinity War," the future of Black Orchid in "Animal Man" and Steve Trevor's motives.

Full article here.

Veteran Member

Really excited for this, not only because we will finally see what Fawkes is able to do but also because the story itself looks really promising.

Yeah, I took am optimistic. Sounds like with Fawkes on board we'll also get a little more diversity of focus, and interest, towards Xanadu and Zatanna.

Hopefully he'll also help put in place some interesting concepts.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

i can't believe the one soul guy is doing a monthly dc universe book. AWESOME

also stoked that they confirmed frank to be a core member of team dark

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    i can't believe the one soul guy is doing a monthly dc universe book. AWESOME

I may add that is most likely that he will be doing two ongoings if the rumours about Batgirl are true, besides most authors seem to confirm it and are already hyping it.

Yeah, I'm super pumped to see Fawkes out and about in the world of mainstream DC. He's very well regarded in the indie circuit, and while his actual work in comics has been very limited -- frankly Apocalypstix wasn't very good, Mnemvore was pretty awesome though, and One Soul was a legitimate Artistic Achievement -- I have a lot of hope.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    That's good as well. At least Frank will be able to stick around in another book despite losing his main one.

Also Black Orchid's story is going to be continued in Animal Man? A little weird, since she made her debut in JLD, but whatever, I'll still get more of her.

FRANKENSTEIN is cancelled - that is tragic!
    I have to check out "The Death of Magic"!

There's no way Andrew could have stayed on this team, but I would have liked to see how Amethyst could work on her book and this one. Keeping Constantine as one of the regulars, if not the leader, is fine with me, since he was my favorite character from Milligan's run. I haven't read Frankenstein's ongoing, but I'm sure I'll like his character here.

I'm looking forward to how things will tie into the Trinity War, but I think DC would be better off letting the fourth wave progress for a while, and then unleash it. At the very least, it should shake up DC's insistence on calling this "The New 52."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Beebe View Post
    FRANKENSTEIN is cancelled - that is tragic!
    I have to check out "The Death of Magic"!
    Etrigan is here!

The Older Waiter Brave Sir Robbin's Avatar

I will be interested to see how this goes, if for no other reason that I am ready to drop this dog if it does not pick up. The book has never come together as a coherent story. It has jumped around too much with too many characters showing up and doing things so that I never get the sense of a team, a purpose, or a single driving plot that makes a framework for the many interactions.

After slowly losing interest in Animal Man, I am suspecting that Lemire is perhaps more flash than substance, maybe has good ideas that he can't execute, or needs to take a step back and look at his books and go, "what the hell is going on?"
    Current Favorites: The Goon, Batgirl, Chew, Alex + Ada,The Sixth Gun, Saga, Diskordia, Think Tank, Archie, Rachel Rising, Red Sonja, X, Wonder Woman, Powerpuff Girls

Erm. Books of Magic as science? Steve Trevor as ends-justifies-the-means guy?

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Get your science out of my magic!

I just now started reading JLD ( got the first volume on Black Friday and then 7-14 with the I Vampire tie ins a couple days ago) and I regret not getting into this sooner it is quickly becoming one of my favorite series coming from DC

I'm so happy Lemire is staying on this book! Since he started writing this is easily my favorite comic every month. So excited for the next arc. Nice to hear Fawkes has a similar approach and love for the Dark characters.