Hybrid View

Mild-Mannered Reporter

Default Lemire and Fawkes Possess "Justice League Dark"

Ray Fawkes and Jeff Lemire discuss co-writing "Justice League Dark," from their initial "The Death of Magic" storyline to the upcoming "Trinity War," the future of Black Orchid in "Animal Man" and Steve Trevor's motives.

Full article here.

Veteran Member

Really excited for this, not only because we will finally see what Fawkes is able to do but also because the story itself looks really promising.

Yeah, I took am optimistic. Sounds like with Fawkes on board we'll also get a little more diversity of focus, and interest, towards Xanadu and Zatanna.

Hopefully he'll also help put in place some interesting concepts.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

i can't believe the one soul guy is doing a monthly dc universe book. AWESOME

also stoked that they confirmed frank to be a core member of team dark

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    i can't believe the one soul guy is doing a monthly dc universe book. AWESOME

I may add that is most likely that he will be doing two ongoings if the rumours about Batgirl are true, besides most authors seem to confirm it and are already hyping it.

Yeah, I'm super pumped to see Fawkes out and about in the world of mainstream DC. He's very well regarded in the indie circuit, and while his actual work in comics has been very limited -- frankly Apocalypstix wasn't very good, Mnemvore was pretty awesome though, and One Soul was a legitimate Artistic Achievement -- I have a lot of hope.
    Check out my New Blog! Just a random assortment of ideas, thoughts, and reviews!

http://heshouldreallyknowbetter.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Chang View Post
    That's good as well. At least Frank will be able to stick around in another book despite losing his main one.

Also Black Orchid's story is going to be continued in Animal Man? A little weird, since she made her debut in JLD, but whatever, I'll still get more of her.

FRANKENSTEIN is cancelled - that is tragic!
    I have to check out "The Death of Magic"!