Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Thor: God of Thunder #3 *Preview*

CBR's got a preview.

I'm still tradewaiting, but this book looks so good. I didn't even realize it was Ive Svorcina and not Dean White on colors. The only thing I wish is that Marvel had made Acuna the rotating artist on this book instead of placing him on Uncanny Avengers. I'm sure he'll do a great job there but that cover has me convinced that this is where he belongs.

Also, I love the way Aaron builds out the Marvel Universe. Admittedly he takes what he giveth. Nevertheless, he and Hickman are both doing a lot to make the MU feel more epic. I mean a cosmic serpent that wrestles black holes for fun? That's what I like from my comics.

My only gripe is it sounds like not enough has happened yet in the story, even though this is the third issue.
    Last edited by BrotherUnitNo_4; 12-14-2012 at 05:53 AM.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

BANNED

My God THIS BOOK IS PERFECT.

So much win, this is the crown jewel of Marvel Now, and thats saying something as i like Avengers, Uncanny Avengers and All New X-men a great deal.

i dont mind acuna on UA as he will be drawing the arc beginining with a issue with thor in the viking age vs Apocalypse. And Butch Guice is doing issue #6 of this series which will be Gorr's origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Movieartman View Post

So much win, this is the crown jewel of Marvel Now, and thats saying something as i like Avengers, Uncanny Avengers and All New X-men a great deal.

i dont mind acuna on UA as he will be drawing the arc beginining with a issue with thor in the viking age vs Apocalypse. And Butch Guice is doing issue #6 of this series which will be Gorr's origin.
    It'll be interesting to see how Guice's work looks with this colorist.
    Currently reading She-Hulk, Deadpool, Swamp Thing, Ms. Marvel

Probation: Ghost Rider, Loki: LoA, Secret Avengers

Looking forward to All-New Ultimates, Flash Gordon and Doctor Mirage.

Sans all new x-men i could not agree more
    Ready for the return of the one and only Spider-Man!!

Well said. Although Captain America is awesome as well!

This book has been the biggest surprise hit for me of the Marvel Now launch with such an interesting story and great artwork, which has grown on me over time. I wished a lot of the others books were just as good as this one.

BANNED

I got the first two issues a few weeks ago. Really liking the run on Thor and can't wait for this Wednesday.

BANNED

This book is a perfect example of what can happen when you take risks, great things happen! Marvel NOW! has been a huge success all around for the most part.

These preview pages are gorgeous.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherUnitNo_4 View Post
    CBR's got a preview.

I mean a cosmic serpent that wrestles black holes for fun? That's what I like from my comics.
    That sounds so awesome.

I wanna know how the hell Gorr was able to take that thing down!

I am loving this book. At first, I didn't want to read the preview, just because I knew I'd get the book when it came out. However, when I heard about the serpent that wrestles black holes, I had to check it out.

Suffice to say, it did not disappoint. It's building to something special.
    Olivier Coipel - The best damned artist on the planet!

Shout out to Kev Walker! You're doing a hell of a job!

Find & follow me on Twitter & Instagram. Check out arfguy

This book is amazing. I could not be happier with it and the preview looks gorgeous (and awesome, and "what does that say about me?" oh Thor.)

Esad Ribic is a master. He could not be more perfect for Thor and his world of adventure. His consistency and detail are quite the sight. Coupled with Aaron's flawless characterization, this is easily Marvel's best new relaunch, IMO. I'm loving the pace of the series. This issue seemingly picks up right where #2 left off, and we get Thor researching Asgardian archives then proceeding to go on an intergalactic murder trail. Love it.

Really,really nice preview.
    By the way, there is another and completely different preview of the same issue on comiXology Thor-God-of-Thunder-3.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a40522019b1cdfd52c2e459f0df0459d.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	105723

Name:	44bc51bc3f2907f652c3886ae4e7628d.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	105724

Name:	a2a41afbf79fdca007d8e2fe8e76e747.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	105725

Thanks for that Moonwing.

I love the way Ribic draws a "wide-eyed moment" like Thor looking at the scroll.

BANNED

"someday even the great thor himself may be forgotten... let us hope so at least"
    - Dick!