Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Libaax View Post
    SAGA OF THE SWAMP THING BOOK FOUR TP

Is that the collection of all of Moore written Swamp Thing? I have never really cared for Swamp Thing but i want to start reading only Alan Moore run.

Im only reading current Swamp Thing because Lemire and Rotworld crossover.
    I always tell people to start with the Dark Genesis trade and then go with Moore's run from there.
    Army of Crime

Image: Fatale, Saga
    Dark Horse: Mind Mgmt
    Marvel: Daredevil, Hawkeye, Thor: God of Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    I always tell people to start with the Dark Genesis trade and then go with Moore's run from there.
    Whats that issue and SW volume nr wise? I follow creators really when its about characters,mythology i dont know much about. I thought if i like Moore volumes i can backread other rated runs or start reading the old SW series from the start.

I let fav creators run sell a character to me.
    Pull List:
    The Walking Dead,Fatale,Near Death,Storm Dogs,Happy,BPRD,XO-Manowar
    American Vampire,Animal Man,Swamp Thing
    Daredevil, Winter Soldier,Indestructible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Plus because Morrison sells.
    Sorry I realize now I worded what I said poorly, I was talking about Milligan's tenure on Animal Man getting a trade. DC sort of refused to release any other Animal Man other than Morrison's, until they saw Lemire was selling well and thought they could make a buck collecting the rest of the Vertigo series. Milligan isn't really a popular enough name to get any of the re-prints or have his stuff collected on his name alone, and it's really not helping his case that most of the new readers would probably associate his name with what he's currently doing at DC.

Also I didn't hear about the Solo omni, that's another chunk of cash my bank account will have to bid farewell.

Whats that issue and SW volume nr wise? I follow creators really when its about characters,mythology i dont know much about. I thought if i like Moore volumes i can backread other rated runs or start reading the old SW series from the start.

I let fav creators run sell a character to me.
    Dark Genesis doesn't have a volume number but it collects issues #1-10 of the first series and House of Secrets #92.
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by Should_have_sent_a_poet View Post
    Sorry I realize now I worded what I said poorly, I was talking about Milligan's tenure on Animal Man getting a trade. DC sort of refused to release any other Animal Man other than Morrison's, until they saw Lemire was selling well and thought they could make a buck collecting the rest of the Vertigo series. Milligan isn't really a popular enough name to get any of the re-prints or have his stuff collected on his name alone, and it's really not helping his case that most of the new readers would probably associate his name with what he's currently doing at DC.

Also I didn't hear about the Solo omni, that's another chunk of cash my bank account will have to bid farewell.
    True, true. Hopefully they'll collect Delano's run too <.<
    BB

BANNED

Hehe you mean with the quality of his Swamp thing run? Why Animal Man? Not exactly the same comics even if the whole red,green thing i know is decades old.
    Animal Man is doing the more Swamp Thing-esque horror than anything like Morrison's run. I guess it's more like Delano's Animal Man, but I haven't read it yet.

Moore subverted the typical horror tropes in his Swamp Thing run, and I feel like Snyder is just making them typical again.

Dark Genesis doesn't have a volume number but it collects issues #1-10 of the first series and House of Secrets #92.
    Thanks Billy. Good to know he meant start the series from issue 1.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Holmes View Post
    Animal Man is doing the more Swamp Thing-esque horror than anything like Morrison's run. I guess it's more like Delano's Animal Man, but I haven't read it yet.

Moore subverted the typical horror tropes in his Swamp Thing run, and I feel like Snyder is just making them typical again.
    Well im interested more in the horror side of Animal Man and Swamp Thing and look forward to reading Moore run and Delano Animal Man because of that. I like Morrison Animal Man run issues i have read but i prefer this darker,horror take.
    Pull List:

True, true. Hopefully they'll collect Delano's run too <.<
    I'm sure they will, it ties in closely to what Lemire is doing, so it'll be easier to sell to new readers as the origin of the red.

No problem. It's collected in other collections as well (Roots of the Swamp Thing, DC Comics Classics Library: Roots of the Swamp Thing), though they're a bit pricey.
    BB

I hate to nitpick, but I wish they'd gone with any of the logos from the first series for the Animal Man omnibus, as opposed to the current New 52 logo...

Quote Originally Posted by Should_have_sent_a_poet View Post
    Wait, what? This is huge news. What are the details on this?
    “Wonder Woman is a lame superhero...She flies around in her invisible jet and her weaponry is a lasso that makes you tell the truth. I just don’t get it.” -- Megan Fox

I recommend it to people only because of how strongly Moore ties in some of the stuff from it, and it gives you a groundwork in the character before Moore switches everything around.
    Army of Crime

Delano's Animal Man should be in trade, I like it better than Morrison's run actually.
    Army of Crime

Quote Originally Posted by cgh View Post
    Wait, what? This is huge news. What are the details on this?

http://www.amazon.com/Solo-Deluxe-Va...ds=solo+deluxe