Page 17 of 334 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

I DO NOT need this insanity this morning...
    XPOTM: APRIL 2012

be sure brain is in gear before engaging mouth...

i'm lost...i've gone to look for myself...if i should return before i get back -- please ask me to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Aguja View Post
    Isn't it a bigger problem than just guns though? Granted easy access to guns certainly is a big part of it but I think another issue is that a lot of the people who do this have a whole host of other problems in their lives that are ignored or untreated.
    yes, of course. Tougher gun laws is merely the easiest way to reduce such things.
    But it's by no means the only thing.
    I'm here at the free walk in mental health clinic today and am basically working for free. The clinics budget has been slashed every year and it barely stays a float. I can afford to work here under such a low stipend, but many of my colleagues can't. It's kind of a mess. Most of our clientele are homeless people, drug addicts, the chronically mentally ill and foster children... some of the most vulnerable and in-need folks out there; and they're being provided care by unpaid, undertrained interns. How's that make sense?
    PaperArt
    XPOTM, 6/12

No! DON'T READ THE COMMENT SECTION, DON'T READ ANY COMMENT SECTION!
    "More like Earth is getting kicked to the curb and Magma just stands still." - Pixie_Solanas

san francisco - the free range twink farm

Quote Originally Posted by FiddleFaddle View Post
    Oh, the comments section for any Yahoo News article is like a barnyard for the most braying mouthbreathers. It would be high comedy if it were not a slice of real-life "Idiocracy".

Just read the news now and it's really terrible. I feel so sorry for the families of all these people.
    X-Poster of the Month: March (and February) 2014

who wouldn't want to be a pretty slut vs an ugly forever ?
    ~~ forgotten poster

Quote Originally Posted by FiddleFaddle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixie_Solanas View Post
    Oh, the comments section for any Yahoo News article is like a barnyard for the most braying mouthbreathers. It would be high comedy if it were not a slice of real-life "Idiocracy".
    Comment sections are the worst. It's amazing the lengths people will go just to let others know they don't have a brain. You would think tragedy would help unite people

Honestly? Fuck that second amendment. It has no place in a modern society. None at all.

I'm horrified and so upset for those families. And right-wing commentators have already called for arming teachers according to this news broadcast? No words.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

The worst thing about this IMO is that American gun laws aren't going to change. Not as a result of this, not ever.

I never understood how the second amendment allowed everyone to go all "weapons free" in the first place. Isn't it the right to bear arms in a militia?

BANNED

Laughing at the concept of people on a FORUM bitching about a comments section.

You're superior to pryde in my eyes -tlp

Are you trying to fight me, teddy? I believe in gender equality, I will falcon punch you - Jan 'slacker' Brady

X Goin' to give it to ya graffiX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoguishGurl View Post
    The outdated second amendment. I'm sorry if you are a gun lover, but it really is outdated. It was created at a time where the founding fathers were reacting to problems they faced before and during the American Revolution in regards to militias. I don't hate guns, but there do need to be stricter laws. There at least needs to be some discussion about it at the political level instead of everyone just brushing it aside. I'm tired of people saying "This is not the time to talk about these things". When is the time going to be right?
    Well said. I didn't even hear much about the mall shooting earlier this week, except from twitter. It's like it happens so often now, we as a society are getting numb to it. Sickening.

But now it has involved children.
    Top 10:Cyclops. Nightcrawler. Magik. Juggernaut (Cain Marko). Magneto. Hulk. Mr.Sinister. Emma Frost. Deadpool. Legion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Home made ectoplasm View Post
    The worst thing about this IMO is that American gun laws aren't going to change. Not as a result of this, not ever.
    Agreed, people feel so entitled to their freedoms that they blindly defend them without ever considering the cost.

I looked at the thread on the community forum. Mistake.

So angry now.
    Women are beautiful. But we're not here for your goddamn titillation.- junesdisco

When is the time to talk about gun control?

Because I'm sure they'll shove it under the rug again. And again. And again.