Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Stewart View Post
    But on what basis does Arrow Oliver beat MCU Hawkeye? Not saying it doesn't happen, I am not fully familiar with Arrow yet, but your reasons aren't how we work here on Rumbles. We go by actual shown feats only. We don't say a character is cooler, or he wins because I like him more, or he's a better known character so he wins, or it was implied that he trained for longer, or because he's 1000 years old even if he did only have an hour of screen time so he "obviously" has more fighting experience - we only use actual shown feats.
    the thread is about arrow ollie vs avenger movie hawkeye

as for Hawkeye being a copy of Green arrow its not really true.
    Ollie is more a copy of batman than hawkeye is of ollie, hawkeye is more like a spy while green arrow is a classic swashbuckler hero.

Ollie is shown to do parkour in a way similar (but not as good) as to how Cap did it in avengers movie. and he more frequently avoid gunfire (plus he has the one clear arrow dodge in his fight with merlyn)
    He has superior mobility and IMO superior speed.
    his training speeds show he has decent strength, although he has no high end strength feats yet but neither does hawkeye.
    hawkeye does better no look shots, ollie hits multiple moving targets without difficulty. Hawkeye curved an arrow around a hellcarrier using the wind. Ollie hasnt done anything near that level.

Ollie has an explosive arrow that seems a bit stronger than a hand grenade, while hawkeyes seems to blow up a small building.
    Ollie however has experience fighting another archer and hawkeye does not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by QuickDevilRed View Post
    the thread is about arrow ollie vs avenger movie hawkeye
    I know, hence the opening line of the very post you actually quoted being "on what basis does Arrow Oliver beat MCU Hawkeye".

Sorry, not seeing your point there?

Quote Originally Posted by NamorSuperStrong View Post
    oliver would whoop his ass in tv,music,movies,and in comics. Hawkeye always felt like a rip-off to me
    Ollie is more a rip-off of Robin Hood than Hawkeye being a rip-off of Ollie. The only thing Hawkeye and Ollie have in common is both use a bow-and-arrow.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

- C.S. Lewis

Dory St. Johns on Wikicadia

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Ollie is more a rip-off of Robin Hood than Hawkeye being a rip-off of Ollie. The only thing Hawkeye and Ollie have in common is both use a bow-and-arrow.
    And they both have an antagonistic relationship with the baseline human (or closest thing to it) of the super group they generally ally to.

The Exterminator The last dalek's Avatar

sorry. that comment was kinda biased. But i feel oliver has better training.
    There is nothing to indicate what Hawkeye's training was like. There is no way to compare them and tell who had better training.

As for the fight Clint is the superior Archer, Olie is the better h2h fighter (although Clint would still put up a decent fight). In the arena Clint should win thanks to the distence between them. In some were like a city or a wearhouse Olie could probaly stealth his way to victory (or at the very least close the distence).

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

oliver would whoop his ass in tv,music,movies,and in comics. Hawkeye always felt like a rip-off to me
    Hold on... hold on... I think we all just missed something here.

oliver would whoop his ass in... music...
    I'm not sure which I find funnier; the idea of Hawkeye and Green Arrow having music careers or the notion of them having some kind of musical rap battle.

So many arrow puns...
    Nik Hasta: "I'm not a ninja dammit!"

Respect the Mamudo Children!
    Follow me on Tumblr!

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hold on... hold on... I think we all just missed something here.

I'm not sure which I find funnier; the idea of Hawkeye and Green Arrow having music careers or the notion of them having some kind of musical rap battle.

So many arrow puns...
    While I having nothing to support I am certain Hawkeye would play in a So-Cal punk rock/metal band, and Green Arrorw would be a country and Western guy.

Didn't the latest episode have Merlyn shooting him in the back with 2-3 arrows and him not dying? Is that impressive? I only ask because I have no idea if survival was due to body armor or something.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Valliant View Post
    While I having nothing to support I am certain Hawkeye would play in a So-Cal punk rock/metal band, and Green Arrorw would be a country and Western guy.
    Eh, Ollie was the cliche rich white preppy kid until he came back from that island. It's hard for me to imagine him being into country and western. Not to say it's impossible he is.
    Last edited by Surtur; 12-20-2012 at 06:30 AM.
    A woman can move a lot faster with her skirt up than a man can with his pants down.

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    Didn't the latest episode have Merlyn shooting him in the back with 2-3 arrows and him not dying? Is that impressive? I only ask because I have no idea if survival was due to body armor or something.

Eh, Ollie was the cliche rich white preppy kid until he came back from that island. It's hard for me to imagine him being into country and western.
    I was thinking the original version. The WB guy would be a fan of date rapey college douche rock.

BANNED

I'd put them both in a rock band called "Bows and [Insert green/purple flower here]".

Senior Member greatmetropolitan's Avatar

Archery wise there's little between them. Ollie lives long enough to close the distance and best Clint senseless.
    Buy or download my first self published comic, Taking Flight!
    Available at www.laseragecomics.co.uk

Amoral Unicorn of Justice FrenchGemini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    The pilot shows that Arrow's outfit has a bulletproof vest, not sure how real life vests react to arrows shot at them, but since these suckers have a hard time stopping knives, guess it's damn good armor.

Knives and arrows tend to go through normal bullet-proof vests far more easily than bullets, due to the materials used.

Is this some 'hardened' vest, or analagous to a real-world bullet-proof vest without trauma plates?

I thought that it DIDN'T stop the arrows, hence him being out of action for so long. That he lived at all was less armor than comic booky durability. That was the impression I had watching it, anyway.

Amoral Unicorn of Justice FrenchGemini's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelChen View Post
    I thought that it DIDN'T stop the arrows, hence him being out of action for so long. That he lived at all was less armor than comic booky durability. That was the impression I had watching it, anyway.
    Who said it completely stopped them ;)? I was just thinking it slowed them down enough for them not to penetrate enough to be lethal. But, yup, according to the trailer for Episode 10, it leaves him out of action for 6 good months.