Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I caught you red-handed Wild_Child's Avatar

Default Supergirl movie remake?

Now that Superman is getting a movie, do you think she'll get another movie?

No. And I think it would be a bad idea if she did. Superman would have to be way better established in the movies before they even considered it. I love the character (most versions), but I don't think the Supergirl concept would mesh too well with what they seem to be trying with Superman.

It could only happen if the new movie did so well and was so popular that they couldnt crank new ones out fast enough to rake in the megabucks despite it dilluting the Superman idea. Given the reception of Superman Returns, a current movie, and the upcoming JLA movie I doubt there would be this market for it.

Still, I dont care what anyone says, I still liked the original Supergirl movie :-p

If they had played it smart with MOS they could have a whole series of just Superman family movies alone to rival Marvel's movies. But WB/DC don't appreciate the greatness of their characters and they never realize their potential...they're too busy apologizing for superheroes being superheroes.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

...Anyway, no I don't think it'd be a good idea to introduce her in a solo film. They could conceivably introduce her down the line in a sequel like Marvel did with Black Widow and War Machine in Iron Man 2. The first film should focus on the protagonist.

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I love Kara, but I vote no. She could just be a supporting character in a sequel for a Superman movie down the road. I do want to see her on the big screen though.

yes. if i can choose... i rather choose wonder woman movie then supergirl. its for a bigger plan.

They should have incorporated Argo City and Supergirl into the plot of Superman Returns, if anything. I mean, hello? Big remnant of Krypton, Superman goes into space to see if there are any survivors on it. It was a missed opportunity IMO. I mean, a lot of people see Superman going into space as him just being a deadbeat dad, so why not raise the stakes and make it clear that he received a distress signal and is actually going to save lives and not just to see if he's really the last surviving Kryptonian.
    Last edited by Last Son; 12-13-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    People who chime in on vs. threads with "I don't like Superman at all, but he'd win.", STOP HELPING! Superman doesn't need your damning him with faint praise, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son View Post
    They should have incorporated Argo City and Supergirl into the plot of Superman Returns, if anything. I mean, hello? Big remnant of Krypton, Superman goes into space to see if there are any survivors on it. It was a missed opportunity IMO. I mean, a lot of people see Superman going into space as him just being a deadbeat dad, so why not raise the stakes and make it clear that he received a distress signal and is actually going to save lives and not just to see if he's really the last surviving Kryptonian.
    Yeah, there were scenes cut that showed Luthor was behind the distress signal...they should have left them in.
    Doomed Planet. Desperate Scientists. Last Hope. Kindly Couple.

I'd like to see a Power Girl movie, personally.
    DROKK IT!!

She should be part of Superman franchise but in a supporting role.Like Superman dies at the end of second movie and she arrives to help him bring back to life.Her ofcourse offering a more prominent role in the third movie ala Catwoman/Robin.

Couple of thoughts: How about a Superman movie ENDING with him finding Kara? Sets up a sequel nicely. The other thought would be this: If movie makers believe the Supergirl franchise idea was too damaged by the solo film years ago - - - then how about having Kara take the name of Power Girl????

This wouldn't be my first choice but it is an idea of a way to bring Kara into a movie franchise.

Supergirl needs no remake. It's still the essential version of the character, all these years later.

Helen Slater is Kara. Perfectly so.
    Freedom is merely the ability to live without fear of persecution.

No. Wonder Woman should get a movie instead Supergirl is not 1 of DC's top 3 characters but WW is.
    THE SUB-MARINER 4EVER!!!
    DEATH TO NAMOR!!!

Veteran Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive^^

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    Couple of thoughts: How about a Superman movie ENDING with him finding Kara? Sets up a sequel nicely. The other thought would be this: If movie makers believe the Supergirl franchise idea was too damaged by the solo film years ago - - - then how about having Kara take the name of Power Girl????

This wouldn't be my first choice but it is an idea of a way to bring Kara into a movie franchise.
    No, she should go by the name Supergirl. The Batman franchise wasn't killed by "Batman and Robin", the generally public that would probably go to see a Supergirl movie probably wasn't even alive when the first movie was made.